Aiden McGeady

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's a very good wee player but he could do with toughening up a bit - he doesn't like being kicked.

Erm, who does?

Nobody, but some people can get back on their feet and get on with it.  McGeady and Nakamura seem to be the type of players to lose interest whenever the game gets physical.

Hutton had McGeady in his pocket every time they played an Old Firm derby.

McGeady has been excellent pretty much every single time he played against Rangers. Hutton was fantastic with his forward runs but he certainly didn't have McGeady in his pocket. I was at the 2-0 game last season and McGeady put in one of his best ever performances. He set up both goals and his assist for Miller was awesome. That was at the start of last season, McGeady was on fire. I think he got 7 assists in his first 9 games and was motm in all but 1 or 2. His form dropped and stayed that way for most of the season. This season though he's been consistently brilliant.

McGeady is just so lucky Strachan took over as Celtic manager. He's turning him into a playmaker. Someone who thinks about positioning and passing. By the time he's older he'll be controlling games. He's nowhere near his peak yet but still good enough to destroy the Benfica defence 2 games on the trot. Another manager might have played him as a winger, told him to beat players and get crosses in. He wouldn't have improved all that much. As it is he's improving at an excellent rate.

Here's his assist stats this season:

http://www.celticstats.co.uk/page3.html

btw, Shaun Maloney's an excellent player. He's not similar to McGeady in that he won't take players on too much but he's a fantastic passer. O'Neill finally gave him a chance to play left midfield a couple of weeks ago and he's kept his place since. He'll prove himself to be quality of O'Neill sticks with him.

Guest Knightrider

If Keegan is willing to pay anything over £5m for a player of his caliber then to be honest, we are even more fucked than we already are.

People were wondering the same of MON when he spent £10m on Watford's Ashley Young...

Does anyone else see similarities between him and Ronaldo? He has that dead quick shimmy where he moves the ball to the side really quickly, puts the defender off balance and gives him an extra few seconds to get a shot in. Also quite tricky. Could be an absolutle gem.

Does anyone else see similarities between him and Ronaldo? He has that dead quick shimmy where he moves the ball to the side really quickly, puts the defender off balance and gives him an extra few seconds to get a shot in. Also quite tricky. Could be an absolutle gem.

Nah I don't think they're really similar. Ronaldo's much faster, stronger, more skillful, much better shot, and on and on. McGeady's more of a link up player. Better through ball and better crosser. McGeady's more a creator, Ronaldo's a scorer. McGeady's also completely 2 footed.

I think a better player to compare McGeady to is Franck Ribery. Ribery was playing in the 3rd tier of French football at 21. It wasn't as if he had just broken through. It was his 3rd season in the French 3rd division with his 3rd different club.

Nah me neither, he looks like ap layer who has ridiculous amount of confidence. I think thats essential in the modern players. He seems to have a proper cockiness about him. I think he could be a bit special, wouldnt be unhappy at all ifhe came, granted ihavetn seen loads of him but the bits i have seen look good.

ah heck, just buy him if he's willing to come here. There are various factors that could make him successful or not successful, but from what I've seen of him I think the upside is too huge to ignore because he could potentially be a world-beater. Worth 12m for that alone.

Sometimes you gotta gamble.

Oldtype I agree.  Although 12m is way too high and most likely paper talk, I'd rather we tried to get players with great potential and on the up than stick with this policy of players with good track records but sadly on the decline

2nd best in the celtic side... id rather see Jan VoH come before McGeady. Think he is the perfect strike partner to Martins

Hesselink is shite whenever i have watched Celtic apart from ManU in the champions league last season. McGeady is a different class to him.

Duff + Carr + Given for McGeady and I would be a very happy man quite frankly.

Lunacy.

You're right. Maybe a bit of a silly offer.

We'll throw Owen in as well.

That should just about clinch it  :thup:

2nd best in the celtic side... id rather see Jan VoH come before McGeady. Think he is the perfect strike partner to Martins

Hesselink is s**** whenever i have watched Celtic apart from ManU in the champions league last season. McGeady is a different class to him.

Watched celtic at celtic park 1/3 of there home games in 2004-2007 as a friend had 2 season tickets when i was in glasgow. He is a great player and I think he would be a perfect partner to martins. McGeady is good but for value and monthly wage, Hesselink is a good signing.

Duff + Carr + Given for McGeady and I would be a very happy man quite frankly.

Lunacy.

Lunacy for Celtic, I stand by Given but he's not worth as much as McGeady at the moment and Duff/Carr are both worthless (Carr's worth minus money IMO).