Today's other matches

SAK

Wow.  Can't really see that as a red card, even if it is petulant and deliberate.  Well played Everton though, much much better on the night, the wheels are coming off at City, I bet they'll miss out on Europe completely with Spurs winning the League Cup.

By the way 1878, what was Everton's starting midfield lining up like?  Is this how they played?

Was it something like

--------Neville

Osman-Carsley-Pienaar

--------Cahill

????

---------Neville---Carsley--------

Osman-------------------Pienaar

--------------Cahill----------------

I'd like to see us play something similar:

-------- Geremi - Faye --------

Milner ------------------ Duff/Zog

----------- Smith/Duff

---------- Owen/Martins

Which is basically how we used to play pre Shearer under Keegan.

Guest Geordiesned

Silly reaction but never a red card. Rob Styles will probably sight some "letter of the law" bollocks conveniently forgetting that he allowed Man City players to stand in a wall 6 yards away from a free kick in the first half.

Styles is an odious little cunt very much in the Uriah "look at me" Rennie mould.

By the way 1878, what was Everton's starting midfield lining up like?  Is this how they played?

Was it something like

--------Neville

Osman-Carsley-Pienaar

--------Cahill

????

----------- Smith/Duff

---------- Owen/Martins

the movement under keegans first spell newcastle teams meant it was hard to work out a clear formation. pav/hislop/hooper was in goal...cole/ferdinand was up front(till shearer came) and in between was very mobile and fluid.

Should have been a yellow rather than a red but still... what a snide little twat he is doing that. Not got much sympathy.

Fair enough.

Rob Styles was awful though, they've just showed the Richards handballs again, both of which were pens for me.  On the second one, where he reached over his head, and Styles was looking over to the 4th official, who was probably 50 yards away at that point.  Clueless, as was letting Vassell rush out for that freekick.

Guest kingdawson

Having just watched the match iv'e got a couple of observations i'll list:

1) Everton are such a solid team it's untrue. They defend and attack as a unit and it hardly looks like the opposition will ever score.

2) Yakubu is a 20 goal a season striker no matter what team he plays for.

3) I never got the facsination with Elano and after tonights performance, i dont think i ever will. Sure he scores the occasional screamer or makes the occasional great pass but he's simply not consistant enough. Arteta is 25 times the player Elano is tbh.

4) Phil Neville is one of the only players i know that always seems genuinly unhappy an opposition player has been sent off.

5) City need to go 4-4-2 and give Elano some extended time on the bench. I notice they dont really have a right winger and 4-4-2 wont really suit Hamann much but the formation Erickson is persisting with simply isn't working (not a knee-jerk as ive seen them contless times this season getting very very lucky with some of there wins)

Having just watched the match iv'e got a couple of observations i'll list:

1) Everton are such a solid team it's untrue. They defend and attack as a unit and it hardly looks like the opposition will ever score.

2) Yakubu is a 20 goal a season striker no matter what team he plays for.

3) I never got the facsination with Elano and after tonights performance, i dont think i ever will. Sure he scores the occasional screamer or makes the occasional great pass but he's simply not consistant enough. Arteta is 25 times the player Elano is tbh.

4) Phil Neville is one of the only players i know that always seems genuinly unhappy an opposition player has been sent off.

5) City need to go 4-4-2 and give Elano some extended time on the bench. I notice they dont really have a right winger and 4-4-2 wont really suit Hamann much but the formation Erickson is persisting with simply isn't working (not a knee-jerk as ive seen them contless times this season getting very very lucky with some of there wins)

Parky is heartbroken.

Should have been a yellow rather than a red but still... what a snide little t*** he is doing that. Not got much sympathy.

Fair enough.

Rob Styles was awful though, they've just showed the Richards handballs again, both of which were pens for me.  On the second one, where he reached over his head, and Styles was looking over to the 4th official, who was probably 50 yards away at that point.  Clueless, as was letting Vassell rush out for that freekick.

He's just a really bad referee all round. One of the most smug as well.

kingdawson- you're spot on about Neville :lol: Had  his head in his hands when Petrov went off. He's far too nice.

Was it something like

--------Neville

Osman-Carsley-Pienaar

--------Cahill

????

----------- Smith/Duff

---------- Owen/Martins

the movement under keegans first spell newcastle teams meant it was hard to work out a clear formation. pav/hislop/hooper was in goal...cole/ferdinand was up front(till shearer came) and in between was very mobile and fluid.

Aye, like Arsenal and Man U now, there's so much movement it's very difficult to tie down how they actually play. But it was basically a 4-4-1-1 with two, relativity defensively minded central midfielders.

everton are a quality side now.

very well balanced, they've got a good mixture of pace and are very good defensively, they also have people who can score all over the pitch.

just shows you don't have to throw stupid amounts of money around to get success, they've built gradually and are strating to look very good.

i echo nut's feelings that i wish we had been found out like city have!

they are strating to look pretty average again, i think they need something in the middle, on the right 9buster bloodvessel's nee good) and another forward.

no reason why they wont get them all in the summer though

Imagine being in a position where for half the season you look like world beaters but you end up actually not that good. Its been a great season (2-1 you rag bastards!!!!!) but its always a little disappointing when you dont reach your potential.

Still. I think I'll pull thru. Somehow. If there is one thing supporting Manchester City teaches its the meaning of the word disappointing. Hell hath no misery like watching us play at home last season. :weep:

Imagine being in a position where for half the season you look like world beaters but you end up actually not that good. Its been a great season (2-1 you rag bastards!!!!!) but its always a little disappointing when you dont reach your potential.

Still. I think I'll pull thru. Somehow. If there is one thing supporting Manchester City teaches its the meaning of the word disappointing. Hell hath no misery like watching us play at home last season. :weep:

Not on quite the same scale, but us last season - last team to lose in the country, 13 or 14 matches ubeaten, top six most of the time until we then hit a spell of 2 wins in 17 or whatever it was, then finish off with a 10 match unbeaten run.

Football is just fucking annoying.

Dont come on here and boast your problems to us of all people!!! :lol:

Dont come on here and boast your problems to us of all people!!! :lol:

I'm not being serious. :laugh:

The Spurs lads seemed to enjoy thier victory...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/KingSpurs2XPS_468x680.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/KingFriendsISO_468x390.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/KingSpursPartyXPS_468x666.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/AaronLennonISO_468x396.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/JermJanasLL_228x361.jpg