Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

Guest MaetihS

The Times ratings:

Given 5 H Beye 5 S Taylor 3 A Faye Y 4 C N’Zogbia Y 4 J Milner 4 J Barton 2 N Butt Y 4 D Duff 5 A Smith 2 M Owen 4

Substitutes S Harper 7 (for Given, 46min), Gérémi (for Milner, 84), A Carroll 4 (for Barton, 61) Not used C Cacapa, S Ameobi

Seems about right to me.

Nope. Taylor should get 1.

The Times ratings:

Given 5 H Beye 5 S Taylor 3 A Faye Y 4 C NZogbia Y 4 J Milner 4 J Barton 2 N Butt Y 4 D Duff 5 A Smith 2 M Owen 4

Substitutes S Harper 7 (for Given, 46min), Gérémi (for Milner, 84), A Carroll 4 (for Barton, 61) Not used C Cacapa, S Ameobi

Seems about right to me.

Nope. Taylor should get 1.

Aye, he should be dropped until he learns that marking your man is more productive than making crazy blocks which look good but wouldnt be required if the man he should mark didn't have the ball to strike.

We were playing one of the best sides in the world on Saturday.

We need to draw a line in the sand againt Blackburn.

Erm, what about Bolton? Or Villa?

When the fuck will we stop pretending that we can ognore the beatings off bigger teams, whilst making up other excuses for our peers - and inferiors - also humbling us??

When the f*** will we stop pretending that we can ognore the beatings off bigger teams, whilst making up other excuses for our peers - and inferiors - also humbling us??

We took 4 points off Bolton monkey. You must have missed that.

Still despite having our worst ever premiership season we're still above that rabble down the road eh ?

If it wasn't for them breaking all kinds of records (again) we could be in the shit. That should cheer you up, does it ?

When the f*** will we stop pretending that we can ognore the beatings off bigger teams, whilst making up other excuses for our peers - and inferiors - also humbling us??

Still despite having our worst ever premiership season we're still above that rabble down the road eh ?

If it wasn't for them breaking all kinds of records (again) we could be in the shit. That should cheer you up, does it ?

Did you see the Bolton home game? Was that good enough for you?

Oh, aye, i'm over the moon that we are JUST above SUnderland in the league table. Thats exactly what I expect from a club with our support, resources, infrastructure etc.

If it wasn't for them breaking all kinds of records (again) we could be in the s***. That should cheer you up, does it ?

Oh, aye, i'm over the moon that we are JUST above SUnderland in the league table. Thats exactly what I expect from a club with our support, resources, infrastructure etc.

If you're not happy with the present situation Monkey - then imagine how most us us on here must feel !

If it wasn't for them breaking all kinds of records (again) we could be in the s***. That should cheer you up, does it ?

If you're not happy with the present situation Monkey - then imagine how most us us on here must feel !

Why would a bunch of predominantly non-Geordies feel any worse than me?

because pain has no regional borders

Bollocks, tbh. But my view on people supporting clubs from places they are not from is not likely to be well-recieved in an internet forum full of peopel who support a team from a place they are not from.

Bollocks, tbh. But my view on people supporting clubs from places they are not from is not likely to be well-recieved in an internet forum full of peopel who support a team from a place they are not from.

I was born on Tyneside and don't agree with your stance on supporters from outside the area, I've met some of the loyalist supporters we've had with non-Geordie accents, I travelled all over with a lot people from Yorkshire and the midlands when we were in the 2nd division, they were brilliant Newcastle fans supporting a shite team.

Perhaps THEY support Newcastle.

This is footbal mate,not tribal warfare.I've never supported Coventry City even though i was born here,i've supported Newcastle United because my Dad would have beat the shit out of me if i didnt.And all through school and most of my working life,i've had the piss ripped out of me by glory hunting wankers,and even by Coventry fans during the late 70's and part of the 80's and 90's too.So in some cases its MORE painful to support a team not in the area you're from.At least where you are,you have safety in numbers mate.

And 34 years later,i wouldnt have swapped my Newcastle experiences for anything,because even 95-96,people remember us more,and our brand of football than the eventual fortuitous champions.