Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

This needs saying, I'm very worried about us and I think Keegan is going to be a bad appointment.  You can try and blame that performance on the players, but ulitmately Keegan should be getting much better out them.  Smith should never pull a Newcastle shirt on again yet Keegan has consistently picked him.  Yes out players are a bit crap but they're are not that crap.  Even if he buys in the summer he will still not know what to do with those players so it seems.  I'm far more depressed than I even was under Big Sam.

Steven Taylor is miles away from the finished article.  What a shit game he had today.  He should be credited with assists for both of Ronaldlo's goals.

I thought Barton and Smith were quite poor too but the rest of the team, aside from some occasional poor mistakes, were okay for the most part. 

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I know a home defeat is hard to swallow but I reckon a few of you are still being a bit dramatic. Right now, i would still say that you are not quite in a relegation scrap. How is it that boro, who are just 1 point above you, are not in a relegation scrap, whereas you are? You wont go down and arent really in any danger of going down imo cos of the absolute crap underneath you. Derby are goners. Fulham are pretty close to acquiring the same tag. Reading have lost 9 on the trot havent they? Sunderland and Wigan are very poor teams. Your good start to the season will probably be the thing that keeps you up, which is ironic, as they were gained by the manager you all hated so much. I dont understand why smith and Owen continue to start though. Not exactly been prolific recently have they?

Guest Wally_McFool

Slowest team ever.... even more ponderous than McGhee, Aitken, Stimson, Brock and co.

I can't believe you've just typed that, even worse that you're probably right.  This team reminds me of when bobby Shinton top scored with 7 goals.

I'm just off to get me rope!  :crazy2:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Steven Taylor is miles away from the finished article.  What a s*** game he had today.  He should be credited with assists for both of Ronaldlo's goals.

I thought Barton and Smith were quite poor too but the rest of the team, aside from some occasional poor mistakes, were okay for the most part. 

Taylor had a bad day, and his misfortune was that it came while playing against some of the most dangerous players in the world.  If his attitude is positive and he can learn from this, he'll be OK.

Smith is not a s**** player. Barton is not a s**** player. He was brilliant for Manchester City. Duff is not a s**** player.

There is something seriously wrong with our club when so many players who are good for former clubs sign for us, and are suddenly s****. Viduka is another example, scoring about 20 goals last year, s**** this year. I agree that these players are not playing well enough at the minute, but there has to be another reason for their shiteness this season, because good players do not become bad players overnight.

:lol:

Give over, Smith is shit, Barton is shit and if Duff gets any slower he'll go backwards, Viduka can't even retain any sort of level of fitness to get a run in the team.  We pay roughly £55 million in wages for that shower of shite.

Guest jcricthon

I know a home defeat is hard to swallow but I reckon a few of you are still being a bit dramatic. Right now, i would still say that you are not quite in a relegation scrap. How is it that boro, who are just 1 point above you, are not in a relegation scrap, whereas you are? You wont go down and arent really in any danger of going down imo cos of the absolute crap underneath you. Derby are goners. Fulham are pretty close to acquiring the same tag. Reading have lost 9 on the trot havent they? Sunderland and Wigan are very poor teams. Your good start to the season will probably be the thing that keeps you up, which is ironic, as they were gained by the manager you all hated so much. I dont understand why smith and Owen continue to start though. Not exactly been prolific recently have they?

I can't believe I'm about to say this but here goes..............A spurs fan talking sense!

How the fuck can you motivate 11 millionaires ?

Our club is an embarassesment, and the players need to be told, or can just fuck off if they arn't happy about being told.

Shuttles all week if i was the manager.

First time EVER i've left early, was pretty fun  :lol:

Smith is not a s**** player. Barton is not a s**** player. He was brilliant for Manchester City. Duff is not a s**** player.

There is something seriously wrong with our club when so many players who are good for former clubs sign for us, and are suddenly s****. Viduka is another example, scoring about 20 goals last year, s**** this year. I agree that these players are not playing well enough at the minute, but there has to be another reason for their shiteness this season, because good players do not become bad players overnight.

Smith is shit and always has been.  Barton was always overrated IMO but his poor early form and well documented problems away from football have affected his recent performances so he's playing even worse than the average player that I think he is.  And Duff isn't a shit player, he's in fact playing better football for us lately than he had in a long time (even at Chelsea).

Viduka scored a lot last season because he had motivation to win a big fat contract at a better club.  So he tried harder and was 'injured' a lot less.

Duff and Milner put in a decent shift, Carroll looked like he could warrant a decent run. The rest quite simply are not good enough - no pace, no movement, no vision, no threat, etc.

Manyoo didn't even get into gear, they waltzed around without breaking sweat whilst our lot nonchalantly strolled around the field. By the looks of players you would know that there is no confidence and no fight. When players lost the ball nobody attempted to chase the cause. We are in the shite and I question those that say that there is 1 worse team in the league now (assuming Derby and Fulham are as good as gone) - similar teams in this position at least put in a shift!

I very much doubt KK is the man to turn this around, poor run or not we have seen little fight, little tactical awareness, and baffling team selections.

Guest jcricthon

I can't believe I'm about to say this but here goes..............A spurs fan talking sense!

Hang on, sorry, I've just realised that you're from Africa and not a Cockney.....explains alot

Steven Taylor is miles away from the finished article.  What a s*** game he had today.  He should be credited with assists for both of Ronaldlo's goals.

Taylor had a bad day, and his misfortune was that it came while playing against some of the most dangerous players in the world.  If his attitude is positive and he can learn from this, he'll be OK.

He should learn, from better players playing in the centre of Newcastle's defence while he watches from the subs bench.

Terrible - Barton, Taylor, Smith

Average - Beye, Faye, N'Zogbia, Butt, Duff, Milner, Owen, Harper

Above average - Carroll

I felt like leaving with the last 20 minutes remaining, but stayed and managed to witness the worst defending ever for Saha's goal.

You keep telling yourself that pal.

I'd much rather see what Edgar can do. Seems a lot more composed.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

He should learn, from better players playing in the centre of Newcastle's defence while he watches from the subs bench.

Maybe for one game, but then he should be right back in.  Keegan isn't that kind of disciplinarian, so he'll probably be back in next week, for better or worse.  I think for better though.  He's 22 years old and is far from a finished product.  He'll need support, instruction, and encouragement from the coaching staff, but I don't think we should string him up based on today's performance.  It's not like he was being beaten by poor players...

The whole team were shite for most of the game, except Milner and possibly Harper when he came on.

Given, another very poor display, he did nothing right today but Keegan screwed up by playing him.

Beye, looked OK at times but was caught out far too often.

N'Zogbia, had a nap for the first goal but wasn't helped by a static Given who seems to be tied to the goal line.

Taylor, gifted them 2 goals and did a spin that Parker would have been proud of.

Faye, poor in defence but got the goal.

Butt, shit.

Barton, Shit.

Smith, shit.

Milner, the best of a bad bunch.

Owen, tried but didn't deliver, he wasn't given anything by others.

Duff, so slow and runs into areas where we'll get nothing from.

Guest Toongaboom

please fill 2008 / 2009 SEASON..............................BECAUSE WE NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAYE                        ENRIQUE (AGE)

ZOGGY (AGE)

MARTINS (APE)

SUB: MILNER, CAROLL, LUA LUA,....

please fill 2008 / 2009 SEASON..............................BECAUSE WE NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAYE                         ENRIQUE (AGE)

ZOGGY (AGE)

MARTINS (APE)

Typo?

FAYE                        ENRIQUE (AGE)

ZOGGY (AGE)

MARTINS (APE)

Beye?

ZOGGY (AGE)

MARTINS (APE)

Typo?

I could understand if he was talking about Milner. He IS a fucking ape.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

ZOGGY (AGE)

MARTINS (APE)

what is this ape?

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I do that a lot mate :lol:

Another thing I have to say, I know its the trait of many a football fan but many of your opinions change very quickly do they not? Last season, I remember on this forum last season a poll about whether Taylor or a fully fit King was better. Some said he had the potential to be better, some said he could have that potential, some said that King was massively overrated and that taylor was already better than him. Now, every other post I read is telling taylor to piss off and take barton, smith etc. with them. Either you were all massively over-rating him last season or you are ripping into him excessively this season. From what Ive seen of him, he wont be as good as a fully fit king was, although that is obviously just my opinion. However, there is a reason there arent many defenders his age playing in the prem, becuase to be a cb in the prem, you need experience, as even poor teams now often have excellent attacking players that can cause problems. How old is he now, 21? Nowhere near the finished article and I dont see why some of you want him out. Not many defenders in their lower 20s playing in the prem. and those that are, often do poorly ie Kaboul and have to be taken out of the firing line.

It boils down to there players being worlds apart from our players.There players are world class ours are mediocre at best.Just look at the prices manyoo paid for there players 18mil ferdinand,16mil carrick,32mil tevez,12mil ronaldo i could go on.At the end of the day we need to spend approx 100million on players to compete with the likes of them.

Terrible - Barton, Taylor, Smith

Average - Beye, Faye, N'Zogbia, Butt, Duff, Milner, Owen, Harper

Above average - Carroll

I felt like leaving with the last 20 minutes remaining, but stayed and managed to witness the worst defending ever for Saha's goal.

bluelaugh.gif

He did nowt.