Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

The ref was takin the mick today like, one of the worst ref performances ive ever seen, f*** me

The ref was poor but didn't effect the game.

I didn't say it did. Some of our bookings were laughable, especially owens, and how did nani not get booked

The ref was takin the mick today like, one of the worst ref performances ive ever seen, f*** me

I didn't say it did. Some of our bookings were laughable, especially owens, and how did nani not get booked

Van der sar should have bloody been booked too.

Guest Toongaboom

GIVEN

BEYE            FAYE  TAYLOR          ENRIQUE

MILNER ( GEREMI)  BARTON (BUTT)  EMRE          ZOG

MARTINS            OWEN (VIDUKA)

.......IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

MARTINS...KING!!!!

Bollocks, the start Keegan's had was always an impossible task.  He's been left in a position where he has to inspire players simply to bring them up to the level of being s*** and on top of that he's had to play three games against and Manure.  Obviously if you weren't this depressed under Allardyce then you were one of the people who didn't see our current predicament coming from a mile off, a predicament created by the fat c*** himself..

We just need to somehow find the results needed to stay up.  After that Keegan can go out and replace some of the s*** currently infesting our side and we can kick on from there.

Keegan has to take some blame for today, his starting 11 was poor.

I agree it wouldn't be my first choice starting 11 with everyone available.  But looking at the bench I then have to ask what choices did Keegan really have?:

Harper, Geremi, Carroll, Cacapa, Ameobi.

Cacapa instead of Taylor?, maybe Ameobi instead of Smith?  He really didn't have many choices did he?

I agree.  If not for the kick at Duff (I think), then for the timewasting before Rooney's second goal.

Best team =

New Keeper

Beye     Faye     New CB    New LB

New RM   2 Quality CM    Charlie

Keegan can do what he likes here,Owen,Martins,2 New Strikers,i don't care

Basically we can sell the rest, or use a few as squad players,e.g Milner

GIVEN

BEYE            FAYE  TAYLOR          ENRIQUE

MILNER ( GEREMI)  BARTON (BUTT)  EMRE          ZOG

MARTINS            OWEN (VIDUKA)

.......IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

MARTINS (APE), STRONG FUC***

Please stop. Especially the ape bit.

I just think that we have two better players for his position, so I'd like to see them play. 

Who, Edgar and Faye?  And to be fair, I think it's possible to say that both of Ronaldo's goals had as much to with horrific loss of possession/ lack of clearance as Taylor's asshattery.  I don't want to be an apologist (as that Saha goal was absolutely appalling and very much his fault), but he was left on an island against the best player in the prem in both of those instances.  Rio and Vidic themselves would have had their hands full on each of those, particularly the first one...

Cacapa and Faye.

They were both fucking dreadful, he did nothing to stop their attack either time.  Especially the second one, he should be embarassed by what he did there.  You can blame Faye for not clearing it (that was shit as well) but the fact is that his cock up was the major one, he was the last line of defence and he offered no resistance.  Ronaldo literally did nothing and he was past him.

Cacapa is fucking wank

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I just think that we have two better players for his position, so I'd like to see them play. 

Who, Edgar and Faye?  And to be fair, I think it's possible to say that both of Ronaldo's goals had as much to with horrific loss of possession/ lack of clearance as Taylor's asshattery.  I don't want to be an apologist (as that Saha goal was absolutely appalling and very much his fault), but he was left on an island against the best player in the prem in both of those instances.  Rio and Vidic themselves would have had their hands full on each of those, particularly the first one...

Cacapa and Faye.

They were both f****** dreadful, he did nothing to stop their attack either time.  Especially the second one, he should be embarassed by what he did there.  You can blame Faye for not clearing it (that was s*** as well) but the fact is that his cock up was the major one, he was the last line of defence and he offered no resistance.  Ronaldo literally did nothing and he was past him.

I don't want to drag this out.  You've made good points yourself and we may just agree to disagree.  But to say Ronaldo "literally did nothing" isn't really fair.  Ronaldo asks extremely difficult questions of every defender he faces, and Taylor was burned badly today.  But I think it's just another brick in the wall for him and I think he can be a good player for us if he gets the proper support

Yes I know the same was said about Bramble...

I've really lost faith in Given over the past few weeks, he just seems so bloody static - admittedly it doesn't help when he's got the City of Newcastle Circus in front but Harper seems to be more commanding and at least makes an attempt at a save - made a couple decent stops today.

Bollocks, the start Keegan's had was always an impossible task.  He's been left in a position where he has to inspire players simply to bring them up to the level of being s*** and on top of that he's had to play three games against and Manure.  Obviously if you weren't this depressed under Allardyce then you were one of the people who didn't see our current predicament coming from a mile off, a predicament created by the fat c*** himself..

We just need to somehow find the results needed to stay up.  After that Keegan can go out and replace some of the s*** currently infesting our side and we can kick on from there.

:clap: Exactly

N'Zogbia is no left back - he can't clear his fuking lines - I counted on AT LEAST two occasions that he dilly fuking dallied rather than clear, handing the ball to those c***s in a decent position

Yes everyone knows N'Zogbia isn't a very good left back.  Its very easy to see that, but much harder to pick someone better.  Look at the bench for the game, which player from that bench would you have chosen ahead of N'Zogbia?

Bench - Harper, Geremi, Carroll, Cacapa, Ameobi

Cacapa and Faye would not have conceded the number of goals we did today.

Cacapa's reading of the game and positionning is his strongest point, and with Faye alongside him to do the physical stuff he would have been better than Taylor.

Not to mention that he would have played the ball out of defence for us better.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Cacapa's reading of the game and positionning is his strongest point, and with Faye alongside him to do the physical stuff he would have been better than Taylor.

My god, it just dawned on me... IS CB OUR STRONGEST POSITION?    :kasper:

I'd agree with that, Taylor's useless.

:clap: Exactly

N'Zogbia is no left back - he can't clear his fuking lines - I counted on AT LEAST two occasions that he dilly fuking dallied rather than clear, handing the ball to those c***s in a decent position

Yes everyone knows N'Zogbia isn't a very good left back.  Its very easy to see that, but much harder to pick someone better.  Look at the bench for the game, which player from that bench would you have chosen ahead of N'Zogbia?

Bench - Harper, Geremi, Carroll, Cacapa, Ameobi

En-bloody-rique. Yes he wasn't on the bench, due to injury? Duff has also played in that position for Chelsea, could KK not have interchanged them throughout the game? I accept that Zoggy is the one most suited to the position in Enrique's absence though this does not excuse his ineptitude to clear the ball.

i didn't even hear any boos.  are we just totally broken or what?

Keegan is totally blameless, didn't you hear?

I'm more Geordie than you. 

Erm, congratulations?

'Twas a joke, mate.  Forgot the winky, but I'm worried about you.  Know that.  ;)  Stop listening to that metal music, it's too angry! 

You're a role model, after all. 

You can back this up presumably?  I remember his positioning etc against Portsmouth getting us out of the shit on numerous occasions.  Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez would have torn him apart today

Keegan inherited a bad situation, but he hasn't shown any new ideas, any initiatives, or any imaginative selections.

Making Owen the captain was a very poor decision. He's not the best choice, either through his role in the team, or through his personality. He's not a leader.

I won't win any popularity points here, but Smith was the right choice. He's prepared to take responsibility and gives 100 %. He's also a lot better than he's usually given credit for - that was certainly the case today.

You can back this up presumably?  I remember his positioning etc against Portsmouth getting us out of the s*** on numerous occasions.  Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez would have torn him apart today

He came back too early from an injury then didn't he?

Everytime I've seen him he has looked a better defender than Taylor that is for certain.

Keegan inherited a bad situation, but he hasn't shown any new ideas, any initiatives, or any imaginative selections.Making Owen the captain was a very poor decision. He's not the best choice, either through his role in the team, or through his personality. He's not a leader.

I won't win any popularity points here, but Smith was the right choice. He's prepared to take responsibility and gives 100 %. He's also a lot better than he's usually given credit for - that was certainly the case today.

Completely agree with the bold statement.