Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

Keegan inherited a bad situation, but he hasn't shown any new ideas, any initiatives, or any imaginative selections.

Making Owen the captain was a very poor decision. He's not the best choice, either through his role in the team, or through his personality. He's not a leader.

I won't win any popularity points here, but Smith was the right choice. He's prepared to take responsibility and gives 100 %. He's also a lot better than he's usually given credit for - that was certainly the case today.

Smith did well today, definitely. We either have to play Martins, Smith or Owen alongside Carroll.

Carroll is officially our new number one striker because we desperately need a target man who is active and he is our most active target man. He also has a decent touch on him.

We had just best hope reading loose!

We have to be the worst side in the prem by a long way!

Yes Derby and others have less points, but lets face it they all play better football and at least make a game of it!

I have never witnessed a newcastle side being fucking drubbed week in week out by average teams as well as the top four.

The worse I have ever witnessed since supporting since the 70's.

Keegan has to take the blame for not adding to the squad in Jan, all this bullshit about there's no decent players available! Fucking bullshit!

Defoe, Benjani, Diarra, Barnes, amongst others which would be 100 times better than that shower of shite we have there!

Milner tries hard, but crap tbh

Smith

Butt

Geremi

Barton

Ameobi

Duff

Cacapa

Rozza

Enrique

Carr

All fuck off out of our club! How you can justify being payed that amount for looking worse than a pub team is shocking.

Cacapa and Faye would not have conceded the number of goals we did today.

Cacapa's reading of the game and positionning is his strongest point, and with Faye alongside him to do the physical stuff he would have been better than Taylor.

Not to mention that he would have played the ball out of defence for us better.

You can back this up presumably?  I remember his positioning etc against Portsmouth getting us out of the s*** on numerous occasions.  Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez would have torn him apart today

He came back too early from an injury then didn't he?

Everytime I've seen him he has looked a better defender than Taylor that is for certain.

You can't have seen him much.  Neither is that much better than the other.  Cacapa isn't going to improve either.

Still waiting for how you think the bit in bold is a fact

Cacapa's reading of the game and positionning is his strongest point, and with Faye alongside him to do the physical stuff he would have been better than Taylor.

You can back this up presumably?  I remember his positioning etc against Portsmouth getting us out of the s*** on numerous occasions.  Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez would have torn him apart today

Everytime I've seen him he has looked a better defender than Taylor that is for certain.

You can't have seen him much.  Neither is that much better than the other.  Cacapa isn't going to improve either.

It is fact based on the fact that Cacapa is better than Taylor.

Comprende?

Yes Derby and others have less points, but lets face it they all play better football and at least make a game of it!

I have never witnessed a newcastle side being f****** drubbed week in week out by average teams as well as the top four.

Keegan has to take the blame for not adding to the squad in Jan, all this bullshit about there's no decent players available! f****** bullshit!

Defoe, Benjani, Diarra, Barnes, amongst others which would be 100 times better than that shower of s**** we have there!

Smith

Butt

Geremi

Barton

Ameobi

Duff

Cacapa

Rozza

Enrique

Carr

All f*** off out of our club! How you can justify being payed that amount for looking worse than a pub team is shocking.

Agree. I didn't buy this 'nobody of the right quality' available bollocks. KK was thrown in the deep end admittedly but I honestly believe (in hindsight I know) that if we had appointed someone with their 'finger on the pulse' we would have made some much needed improvements.

As you say I've never seen such shite in a long time. What's worrying is that the teams below us are putting up a fight - Boro, Birmingham, Wigan, etc we're just inviting teams to come and give us hiding after hiding

It is a fact based on the fact that Cacapa is better than Taylor.

Comprende?

:lol:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

well as ever it's been a hell of a time enduring this horseshit with you fellas. 

i'm off to the craft fair, and given the way today is going, i'm probably not going to test out any chairs. 

sayonara.

The chances are that, in all probability, we will get sucked into a relegation battle.

Beyond that, who knows.  Keegan saved us from a similar fate back in 1992, but I doubt he can do it again.  Too much has changed.

And if we go down?  So what?  For years we've all been stuck in a particular painful abusive relationship, where we've given so much and received so little.  Money spunked to see failure after failure, to see players living in a lap of luxury acting the tit.  And for what?

To speak in the same terms as the soulless tools who have corrupted our game, the 'product' on offer simply isn't up to scratch, and in any other walk of life we would have recourse.  But that's what these parasites trade on - our commitment to our regional identity.

I think Ashley and Mort are well out of their depth, and I'm still thinking if we could charge the Hall/Shepherd axis of evil with some form of gross misconduct in civil law.  What they did was tantamount to theft and asset stripping.

I have never witnessed a newcastle side being f****** drubbed week in week out by average teams as well as the top four.

Keegan has to take the blame for not adding to the squad in Jan, all this bullshit about there's no decent players available! f****** bullshit!

Defoe, Benjani, Diarra, Barnes, amongst others which would be 100 times better than that shower of s**** we have there!

Smith

Butt

Geremi

Barton

Ameobi

Duff

Cacapa

Rozza

Enrique

Carr

All f*** off out of our club! How you can justify being payed that amount for looking worse than a pub team is shocking.

Since Keegan arrived we've played six games, three of those against the top two and another away against fifth place Villa.  Out of the two games we'd expect something from we've gotten 2 points, not good, but the worst in the league?.. bollocks.  As for players available in January, only one of the players you mentioned would have made a real difference IMO and that's Diarra, a player who apparently asked us for £90,000 a week.  I still wish Keegan had managed to get some players in, but that hardly puts him high on my list of people to blame in this situation...

Guest elbee909

Text from my Man Utd supporting mate - 'Too easy...'

God I hate them!

Meh, most of the ones I know haven't been within a mile's radius of a football ground, ever.

Guest newcastle4life

Expected the team to lose but hoped for something positive like the team putting up a fight or losing by one goal. Things look bad and the team is a disgrace.

Guest Hodgson09

I'm sure if Keegan had Man Utd squad at his disposal we would have won comfortably. It isn't Keegans fault that he has shite players. Plus no one sells their top players in January just the guys who are no longer needed.

Not Keegans fault.

If anything blame the fucking transfer window what a stupid idea.

I'm sure if Keegan had Man Utd squad at his disposal we would have won comfortably. It isn't Keegans fault that he has s**** players. Plus no one sells their top players in January just the guys who are no longer needed.

Not Keegans fault.

If anything blame the f****** transfer window what a stupid idea.

Well playing his players in there right positions would be a positive step and some tactics would come in handy not playing Alan Smith! there are better options available why not try some of the young ones from the reserves, can't be any worse than the drivel we have now is there?

Whats wrong with Enrique anyway?

I have no idea but I think it's something to do with his bad english. Who really cares when the rest of our back line doesn't seem to be communicating too well either and always when I've seen Enrique play he's been one of the most solid players on the pitch.

It's pretty scary too see that our defensive line is awful and still people are ready to keep 3 of 4 players of the current team. Can't blame you thought as I'm happy with Beye, Faye and Enrique too but what we really need is a quality holding midfielder a la Patrick Vieira style and a decent playmaker who can find targets with his passes like Riquelme or Van der Vaart. At the moment our midfield can't cover our defensive line one bit and we look soooo vunerable when the opponent put any pressure on us. Players are running like headless chickens out there but it makes we really wonder what are they doing in the training field then? Are they training defending by trying to defend against players like Ameobi and Smith?

Good motivational skills are one of the most crucial thing for a quality coach to have but it's not the only one. I think that the players aren't too aware of their roles on the pitch! KK just says..."you can do it" and "just score one more than the opponent" but is it enough?

Guest DarkSchneider

I hope I'm mistaken, but I think Keagan selects his team based on nationality. English first, than the others. Ok, he picked Given over Harper but that's it. Owen, Smith, Barton, Butt, Millner, Taylor. I realy wanted to see Emre and Geremi in CM, but it seems that won't happen. I also think that Cacapa would be better choice than Taylor. I hope when Martins returns we can finaly play better but I seriously doubt that. We're in big, big trouble.

I hope I'm mistaken, but I think Keagan selects his team based on nationality. English first, than the others. Ok, he picked Given over Harper but that's it. Owen, Smith, Barton, Butt, Millner, Taylor. I realy wanted to see Emre and Geremi in CM, but it seems that won't happen. I also think that Cacapa would be better choice than Taylor. I hope when Martins returns we can finaly play better but I seriously doubt that. We're in big, big trouble.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you are wrong there.

Guest Harry-Norway

Good moring Toon,we all wake up with a big hangover after yesterdays result,which didnt suprise me a bit.

We are in the relegation zone with both our legs now and for the rest of the season.

KK says we need 40p.to survive

We only had 3p of the last 30p

We all better start praying for surviving,we have to win 4 games!!!!!!!!!!! or 3wins and 3 draws!!!!!!!!!

any of you lot heard the viduka/keegan training ground bust-up story yet?

I'm paraphrasing but KK stops training and gives it to the duke with both barrells, labeling him a disgrace, that KK expands more energy giving a team talk then VD does in training, that he won't be on the bench for the Utd game, and if he has his way, he'll never wear a newcastle shirt again.

All the time, Viduka is grinning at him, like a man with a 3 year, £80k a week contract in his back pocket.

any of you lot heard the viduka/keegan training ground bust-up story yet?

I'm paraphrasing but KK stops training and gives it to the duke with both barrells, labeling him a disgrace, that KK expands more energy giving a team talk then VD does in training, that he won't be on the bench for the Utd game, and if he has his way, he'll never wear a newcastle shirt again.

All the time, Viduka is grinning at him, like a man with a 3 year, £80k a week contract in his back pocket.

Sounds all too plausible. Fat spongeing bastard.