Where do we go from here?

Big Geordie

A result tonight that many of us could see coming a mile off and that's the worrying thing. I know you have to take into account who we were playing, but it's not like tonight was a blip. It's been happening for the last 10 games, if not the last 3-4 months. It's probably as dark as time now for the club since the run in during 91/92. That time we stayed up with a bit of luck and fight. The players look devoid of either of them at the moment. If KK can't lift them, then we are in trouble (if we aren't already) You kind of get the feeling that any manager would struggle to lift this shower. As I said in another thread - 6th highest wage bill in the Premiership and this is what we get in return?

There isn't much to be optimistic at the moment. Guess it's just fortunate that we have a 6 point cushion. How long will that last for though.

Guest Novocastrian

We need two wins to keep us up. I don't like to think we are in a relegation fight because if we are, with the gutless and heartless team we have, we will lose and go down.

I know its been covered before but we are desperate for an injection of new blood. Its evident that this team have no collective spirit, confidence or shame.

If Keegan could bring in 3 or 4 of his own players who were willing to die for the team it might galvanise some of the others.

The likes of Butt, Geremi, Smith, Duff, Viduka are shot to pieces, no leaders on the pitch, no inspiration, its bloody depressing. Not sure how far Ashley's money will go in the transfer market. £50 million will only paper over the cracks of this squad. The worrying thing is that even the likes of Derby, Fulham and Reading look better organised and more motivated than us. Worrying times indeed.  :rant:

current worst in the league

Worse than Derby and Fulham? :rolleyes:

Fulham have been decent, just horribly unlucky. No worse than Birmingham or Bolton.

Reading is playing a good deal worse than we are though, not that it's any consolation.

Well the problem is that he's trying to play attacking football with a set of players who aren't good enough to do it, if we stay up and Keegan buys some talented players then fair enough, Keegan's era effectively starts from there. However, we never look like winning, it's hard to see us picking up a victory any time soon and as the pressure increases it's just going to get harder.

Keep plugging away, the coaches need to work harder with the defence.

Regardless of how well we were doing this season the past 6 games might not have been much different, albeit hopefully more flattering in the goals conceeded department.

We are starting to look alot better going forward and passing whilst still woefull at times is improving. Worrying the defence looks to be going backwards as the attack is improving.

We need a bit of luck (in our games and others), need to keep our heads high, stick together and fight for everything, there isnt much more we can hope for.

The Championship. Wouldn't be a bad thing... complete clearout, win some games...  O0

No thanks, i'd rather be going to Old Trafford,Anfield,The Emirates etc...rather than places like fucking Colchester,Scunthorpe,Doncaster

Did anybody really expect us to beat man u, we all knew what was going to happen before kick off a sad thing but we now have a winnable game coming up against blackburn, so lets focus on that and move on from there.

Its all about survival and next season  :thup:

A result tonight that many of us could see coming a mile off and that's the worrying thing. I know you have to take into account who we were playing, but it's not like tonight was a blip. It's been happening for the last 10 games, if not the last 3-4 months. It's probably as dark as time now for the club since the run in during 91/92. That time we stayed up with a bit of luck and fight. The players look devoid of either of them at the moment. If KK can't lift them, then we are in trouble (if we aren't already) You kind of get the feeling that any manager would struggle to lift this shower. As I said in another thread - 6th highest wage bill in the Premiership and this is what we get in return?

There isn't much to be optimistic at the moment. Guess it's just fortunate that we have a 6 point cushion. How long will that last for though.

When Keegan came in it was never going to be any different.

This is mostly the fault of Fat Sam for wasting money on s*** players but partly just a freak of chance that we got the most unbalanced season I've ever seen out of the fixture computer.

With the easiest first half of a premiership season we've ever had, we should've come into this incredibly tough period games high on confidence and in the table. But Sam's negativity and p***ing about line-ups and formations sapped the players' confidence and by the time Keegan took over the set of results (results, maybe not scorelines) we've had were inevitable.

It was inevitable that our players, who are not good enough collectively to be anything other than a mid-table side and already low on confidence, would have whatever was left shattered playing Chelsea A, Man City H, Man U A, Arsenal A, Villa A, Man U H within 8 games. What makes it even more difficult is that top clubs still see playing us as one of their bigger league fixtures and delight in beating us.

But we're over the hump now, we've still got Liverpool away but other than that and a couple of others most of our remaining fixtures are winnable. Things will get better.

KK has to start dropping underpeforming players though, even if it means chucking in the likes of Edgar, Troisi, Lua-Lua and Carroll. If some senior players aren't bothered (which seems to be the case) , they shouldn't be in the side.

Agreed. I think the time is right to introduce some youngsters into the first team, they surely can't be any worse than the current lot. At least they will have the drive to chase lost causes. Edgar looks like a good shout, and on todays runout Carroll is offering a lot more up top than Smith - his height will worry defenders and he is a target to aim for.

Guest GeordieAce

Conceded 22 goals in the past 8 games, I honestly can't see us turning the corner, hope I'm wrong but I've seen nothing that makes me think were just going to suddenly start playing well.

very similar to Keegans first stint in charge,yes we stopped up but with some heart stopping moments (brighton won at SJP  in probably the worst home performance of the season and i thought  we were down).got to hope history repaeats,we scrape survival the kick on.

KK has to start dropping underpeforming players though, even if it means chucking in the likes of Edgar, Troisi, Lua-Lua and Carroll. If some senior players aren't bothered (which seems to be the case) , they shouldn't be in the side.

Agreed. I think the time is right to introduce some youngsters into the first team, they surely can't be any worse than the current lot. At least they will have the drive to chase lost causes. Edgar looks like a good shout, and on todays runout Carroll is offering a lot more up top than Smith - his height will worry defenders and he is a target to aim for.

Yeah, then when that doesn't work instantly, people will be on his back about playing untested young players in important games.  Give over man.  Of his six games so far, four were never going to provide us with much joy, one came too early for him to make enough of a difference to the team and the other saw us robbed of two points by inept officiating.  The confidence is understandably low but that will change when we get the first win.

I really can't see us going down this season.

Guest Brazilianbob

We can easily win 4 of the remaining games and stay up. I personally think we will get about 13 points from these games. Look to next season.

One flew over the cuckoos nest!  Need I say any more?