Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm worried, but if we beat Blackburn next week i'll feel a hell of a lot better.

I cant see us getting any points away from home, even against teams like.... not sure if i can say names due to the fixtures license thing, but they wear blue tops and have mcfadden in their team.

So i feel we have to win 4 out of our last 5 home games

BUT WE WILL STAY UP!!

Guest LucaAltieri

:lol:

Even though its neither here nor there; any know how its possible that you're not allowed to reproduce any part of the fixture list? That must be the weakest copyright claim of all time.

Guest Deep456

Yorkie you f****** idiot. :lol:

Or, You have to be a f****** mong not to remember about the rule now, like.  ??? The amount of hoo-har about it now, you'd think it'd be impossible to miss. 

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Gold.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Derby:  Down.

Fulham:  Down.

Can anyone honestly see all of Reading, Birmingham, Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland and Middlesbrough (if we're in a relegation battle then so are they)  finishing above us?  Look at the current form table - we've only taken two from the last six games.  But then you have Reading who are six points below us and have taken 0 points from the last six.  Birmingham may have got a point yesterday, but they're still only 3 points from six games.

And if you look at our last six games, we've had Man Utd twice, Arsenal away and Villa away.  All tough games, which most of the teams below us would lose too.

There is no way we'll go down.

Good analysis. NUFC going down is unrealistic.

Too many teams below us in both in terms of points and quality to really question our Premiership status.

But, the fact that 22,5% here think we ARE GOING DOWN should make both Ashley and Keegan think hard what to do nextsummer. Otherwise, the next season may be very unpleasant.

Fair assessment here, there are still plenty of 'six pointers in the remaining games and these should see us clear of some fairly woefull sides below us

Guest LucaAltieri

I was about to say, surely there is a small number of upcoming teams to face that we are allowed to print? Otherwise where to we draw the line. Do we have to talk about 'that team we are playing at the weekend'?

There is and personally I thought it was the next 5 games, not 4. However it's also common knowledge that this site overkills on the "no posting fixtures" rule. "That team we are playing at the weekend" is probably the safest way to go.

all our away games other than Brum are away to teams in top half

we have 4 winnable home games left

we wont get 40 points but i dont think 40 points will be needed to stay up

36 points probably enough

if we beat blackburn i think we will stay up

what about if we worked out some anagrams for each opposition? would that still count as posting a fix list?

aye..when the rule first came out someone had the idea of using the (i think) smith and jones sketch as a basis. ie north london foreign legion = arsenal, navy base in sad decline with a horrid ground=portsmouth.

werent allowed to use it.

There's nothing difficult about just saying:

"I think we'll lose to Liverpool, but but beat Blackburn and Reading"

There's no fixture lists, people know what you're on about and you still get the point across.

We are conceding goals like they are going out of fashion. Classic hallmark of a team that goes down.

I aint going to say "we just have to beat Blackburn" as we have said that against both Bolton and Middlesrbough and they brought us nowt bar 2 scrappy points.

Just praying for some good fortune but the fact that they just whacked 4 in yesterday, giving them some confidence, suggests that the footballing gods are up there pissing themselves already at us.

Guest LucaAltieri

We are conceding goals like they are going out of fashion. Classic hallmark of a team that goes down.

I aint going to say "we just have to beat Blackburn" as we have said that against both Bolton and Middlesrbough and they brought us nowt bar 2 scrappy points.

Just praying for some good fortune but the fact that they just whacked 4 in yesterday, giving them some confidence, suggests that the footballing gods are up there pissing themselves already at us.

In fairness, we were a bit unlucky with the Middlesbrough draw. That could have quite easily been a win.

Getting something against Blackburn will be a big ask, but you're probably reading too much into the 4 goals... they were playing at home, against Bolton, and got 2 penalties.

We'll avoid relegation and start from there.  Bet we're laughing about this come Christmas this year.

Hope you're right. Looking at Man City as an example. Didn't they go from the New Year upto this season without a home goal?

Does help that they appointed a top-class manager in the summer like.

I havent checked who we have left to play, but looking at the table i think we could draw with Blackburn if we played them at home, wouldnt like to go to Birmingham as they showed against Arsenal they are worth a result and fight hard, so i'd take a draw there. Liverpool would beat us at their place, no doubt about that.

It would be nice if we were to play home fixtures against Reading and Fulham, because I believe we can beat them, although the way we are playing its far from given.

Guest LucaAltieri

The home games against Fulham, Mackems, and Reading are key. Out of our away games we might be able to grab a point from West Ham if we bother to turn up. The game at Anfield is not a foregone conclusion either. Barnsley, Villa, and Wigan have all gone there and got something. Liverpool underestimating the opposition? If Keegan can get the players fired up then we might have the chance of a point, even if the smart money is on the bin dippers.

hate to break the yorkie-bashing parade but i was under the impression that we were allowed to post up to four fixtures.

this thread certainly suggests so (see Wullie's post in particular) :

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43776.125

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=22678.0

After some pressing they let on the rule was this:

Basically, naming four or more upcoming fixtures in a way that someone else will understand (ie no nicknames) is against the rules.

Why this detail isn't in the rules is beyond me. Maybe the mods just want to leave it vague so they can ban people they don't like  :shifty: