Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anything on Monday is a bonus, we don't need to win and losing will not be the end of the world, the players should be comfortable knowing that.

Winning would be a massive result and would set us up for the rest of the season, a draw would be an excellent result in our position.

Anything on Monday is a bonus, we don't need to win and losing will not be the end of the world, the players should be comfortable knowing that.

Winning would be a massive result and would set us up for the rest of the season, a draw would be an excellent result in out position.

Absolutely agree. We could take a lot of heart from gaining a point on Monday

Absolutely agree. We could take a lot of heart from gaining a point on Monday

I wish I didn't have to go to work on Monday, I'd love to go to this one, as it is, I'll struggle to get home to watch it on Setanta.  It's got the makings of a cracking match as I think we'll go for the win.

I'd love a point. Three would pretty much take us safe imo, not mathematically obviously but along with the confidence it would give us. Not getting my hopes up for anything though.

Oh aye. Thats a sure fire way to certain disappointment that - getting your hopes up

I'm expecting a defeat on Monday tbh.

If we get beat on Monday, and don't get 3 points next Saturday......then i just don't know haha  :lol:

I'm hoping Martins will get some goals on Monday, he could get us the win.  Prepared for a loss, but believe a win is quite possible.

If we get beat on Monday, and don't get 3 points next Saturday......then i just don't know haha  :lol:

I'm hoping Martins will get some goals on Monday, he could get us the win.  Prepared for a loss, but believe a win is quite possible.

I keep telling myself tht we arent going to get anything, just to ry and prepare myself but I know, if we dont, I am going to be absolutely devastated.

No matter how much I tell myself, there is still part of me expects to win and I just cant explain why because it defies sensible logic !

I keep telling myself tht we arent going to get anything, just to ry and prepare myself but I know, if we dont, I am going to be absolutely devastated.

No matter how much I tell myself, there is still part of me expects to win and I just cant explain why because it defies sensible logic !

I belive the players are capable of much more than they have been producing this season.  Thus I also believe they will soon start to get better, surely this bad run has to come to end.  Blackburn game had so many positives, if Owen just put away some of those chances he had, right now we'd have a lot of confidence about being able to get something at Birmingham.  

Such a big game, surely these players can rise to it and start to stop the rot.  Viduka, Owen, N'Zogbia, Duff, Martins... we need one of these to come good on Monday if playing.

He has made Owen his captain though and bigged up Duke big time this week. So he is clearly just trying to build confidence through the media rather than stating who he is going to use.

i think i can answer this question at 5pm next saturday...

next two matches are the biggest since i have supported newcastle united tbh, (only 14 years but thats long enough since we have been in europe and stuff!)

Reckon Boro and Wigan are looking safe now.

Reading      30 28 -22 

Newcastle    29 28 -26   

Sunderland  30 27 -22 

Birmingham  29 26 -12 

Bolton          29 25 -15

Fulham        30 23 -22

Derby          30 10 -50

10 fuckin points for Derby, and we couldnt beat the cunts, could say any team who couldnt beat them deserves to go down. Fulham give themselves hope today, but IMO its still too much for them to stay up. Bolton's next match is verses Man U, so cant see them getting anything there.

Would defo take a point tomorrow night against Brum.

Just noticed Fulham and Sunderland haven't won away from home all season...

Dont man. Its facts that that that send a shiver down my spine.

You can see the resulots and headlines already cant you