So......where is Enrique?

Zero

So he should stand off Bentley and go to Derbyshire, leaving Bentley a free run on goal? Right.

As was said, without someone tracking Derbyshire, he is damned either way. If we were 2 on 1 like that and didn't score, it would be embarrassing. The advantage is totally with the attacking team against anyone.

As Bentley is no where near as quick as Derbyshire & he was out wide, I would of fancied more players to get back (I think Charlie was making good ground) to stop Bentley out wide, rather than........well we know how that ended up.

Enrique in Sunday Sun, quotes saying he doesn't plan on quitting, with quotes from KK saying he's a fan of Enrique.

He's lying. He's unhappy. Does he not read the Mirror ffs?

N'Zogbia was to blame for the goal, he let the call bounce in the corner when there was no way it was going to go out of play. As for Enrique, he's good defensively and has a cool head in possession but I think Keegan will look for a more attack minded fullback next season.

N'Zogbia was to blame for the goal, he let the call bounce in the corner when there was no way it was going to go out of play. As for Enrique, he's good defensively and has a cool head in possession but I think Keegan will look for a more attack minded fullback next season.

Aye, one with more pace too I reckon. Wayne Bridge perhaps?

CNZ also get held back from challanging.

Enrique seems very strong to me. With him being a big unit I am not sure why he doesn't go up for corners as well & one of the midfielder hangs back instead.

Aye, one with more pace too I reckon. Wayne Bridge perhaps?

Hope not. Overrated.

Zog was held back but he shouldn't have been put in that position if he'd not let the ball bounce as he got to it first. Alex, I think he'll go for Shorey.

Aye, good shout. I think Enrique's been ok since he arrived btw and should be playing from now on, hopefully. He does lack a bit of pace hwoever and I think that's why he tends to sit in, rather than bomb on.

You just get the impression of lack of pace because of his size and his frequency of legs during running.

Time his runs yourself and you should discover that he is actually fast, not as fast as Charles but definitely enough for a left back in Premiership.

You just get the impression of lack of pace because of his size and his frequency of legs during running.

Time his runs yourself and you should discover that he is actually fast, not as fast as Charles but definitely enough for a left back in Premiership.

I don't think he's quick like.

Yes I always thought that!, I think because of his build he looks slow but actually he can sprint quite fast when he needs to.

I don't think he's quick like.

At least the same as Beye imo. And did anyone notice Enrique does know how to dribble?

He is not the type of Ashley Cole but that doesn't prevent him from being a good left back. Actually I think it's very valuable to have a strong left back who can make crucial header, and at the same time not being outpaced by opponent's winger. I like this lad, he is the most promising defender we have and my only concern is his positioning during offside trap. Fair play for a defender from Spain which usually produce soft-like-shit defenders.

“I think he’s a good player – I know he’s a good player – and I like him,” said the United boss (below). “His training’s really good, his attitude is good. You can see he’s determined.

“But the Premiership is a tough place to come and straight away make an impact in a side at 22 years of age. He’s still getting settled.

“There’s so much to manage – the moving, the size of the club, the understanding of the area, family, weather . . .

“At some clubs, these players are fetched in and you don’t see them for six months. At Newcastle they have to play.

“I like him a lot. I think he’s got a lot going for him.”

positive quotes from KK.

www.icnetwork.co.uk

I think hes a good player I know hes a good player and I like him, said the United boss (below). His trainings really good, his attitude is good. You can see hes determined.

But the Premiership is a tough place to come and straight away make an impact in a side at 22 years of age. Hes still getting settled.

Theres so much to manage the moving, the size of the club, the understanding of the area, family, weather . . .

At some clubs, these players are fetched in and you dont see them for six months. At Newcastle they have to play.

I like him a lot. I think hes got a lot going for him.

positive quotes from KK.

www.icnetwork.co.uk

He's quite happy to play a 20 year old left winger play in that position though?

Rather odd but pleasing comments all the same.

Did you not see him getting held back!  It was right in front of the linesman's eyes!

Guest BooBoo

The Zog was weak as piss when the ball bounced in the south west corner prior to the goal. If there was one player to balme for their goal it would be him. If he's sulking about not starting games then i'd boot him out tomorrow, the surly twerp.

Did you not see him getting held back!  It was right in front of the linesman's eyes!

you need to watch it again,he wasn't held back but moved in to the back of a defender after being legitimatly muscled off the ball. and made out he was blocked (had a blackburn player tried it he'd have been slaughtered) however to blame him fot the goal is too far. the blame was more organisational with enrique being trapped on his own. i guess with us pressing for the goal and time running down someone got caught too far up field when they should have been covering or maybe we did actuall deliberatly commit more going for the win and got caught out.

The bounce was unfortunate but it was a poor clearance with JP so close.

To answer the thread title:So......where is Enrique? Usually involved in the opposition first goal.

But lets not get caught up running one player down & praising others because as a collective they are shite.

To repeat, and its not easy to explain, hes simply too heavy footed for my liking. Like Lampard without the ability (defensive or not). Hes not slow per se, but he plays like he is. Awkward fullback, and I can see why both Allardyce and Keegan have been somewhat reluctant to play him despite the lack of any real alternatives.

On that note, whoever gives Allardyce his next job needs to make sure he spends no more than £2mill per player. Beye and Faye were good signings at good prices, but Smith, Barton and Enrique have been woeful for the money spent and in terms of what the team needed. £18m spent on weakning the side and possibly getting us relegated. No doubt hes too "strong minded" to ever accept his faults in this.

To repeat, and its not easy to explain, hes simply too heavy footed for my liking. Like Lampard without the ability (defensive or not). Hes not slow per se, but he plays like he is. Awkward fullback, and I can see why both Allardyce and Keegan have been somewhat reluctant to play him despite the lack of any real alternatives.

On that note, whoever gives Allardyce his next job needs to make sure he spends no more than £2mill per player. Beye and Faye were good signings at good prices, but Smith, Barton and Enrique have been woeful for the money spent and in terms of what the team needed. £18m spent on weakning the side and possibly getting us relegated. No doubt hes too "strong minded" to ever accept his faults in this.

Bit early to judge really. Given another season's experience of English football I think he could be a really good solid left back. I like the way he recovers and disposesses players who get the better of him. £6m was a fucking ludicrous fee though. For that you should be buying the finished article.