We Got Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

This is my feeling as well, i wasnt particularly happy with Keegan, not because i dont like Keegan but becasue i thought there were more ambitious appointments out there, i think we really dropped the ball on this one, i dont know of another club in the world who would appoint  a manager who's been out the game for 3 years, especially with the massive gap which has opened up between the top 4.

Having said that,  i cant deny that i am extremely happy  and excited to have Keegan having apot full of money to spend in the summer. I dont think there will be another manager in the world who has the eye for flair like Keegan does, and if there was anyone id trust to bring the good times back with a pot full of money it'd be Keegan, however ill still worry about is coaching techniques etc because i dont think his style cuts it anymore.

Six games, three against Arsenal and Manure and one against fifth place Villa and some of you are at it already with "Keegans useless, the worlds over".. you make me f****** sick you bunch of pointless whiners! (not all of you obviously, just the whiners) :)

While Spurs went and got a world class manager.

Well done Ashley.

Boro won the same cup didnt make ginger face a brilliant manager tho did it?

He hadn't also won two Uefa Cups, a Uefa Super Cup, the Copa Del Rey and the Spanish Super Cup though, had he? I don't think there's any doubting Ramos' ability. It was a massive coup when Tottenham got him and if they can hold onto him they will be the biggest threat to the top four over the next few seasons.

Boro won it when hardly anyone took it seriously.

Spurs have gone out and won it when its taken a lot more seriously. Destroying Arsenal and beating a full strength Chelsea side.

And Spurs didnt have a better side than us at the start of the season, If you looked at it man for man at the start, i'd of thought we was around equal.

Like someone said, Benitez and Souness all over again, except this time we have someone even worse than Souness.

Milner as good as Lennon?

Rarely fit Owen/Viduka...inconsistent Martins or Bent/Keane/Berbatov?

Jenas is twice as good as Butt and is streaks ahead of Barton. then in the squad you have solid and hungry players Zokora/Tainio/Huddlestone.

I'd say Malbranque is better than Duff/Charles.

The ONLY thing wrong with Spurs was that they couldn't defend for toffee.

I'd start their 3rd choice striker for Newcastle automatically. Their 3rd and 4th choice central midfielders would be an improvement on the shit we have.. atleast they can run and aren't complete nutters.

At the start of the season the starting 11 for us would argubly be

Given

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Enrique

Milner

Emre

Butt

N'Zogbia

Owen

Martins

Spurs would be

Robinson

Chimbonda

Dawson

Kaboul

LeePyo or whatever

Malbranque

Jenas

Zokora

Lennon

Berbatov

Keane

Man for man, that is no way ''far superior to us.

We both had a poor few months at the start, Spurs brought in a proven top quality European Coach, we brought in Kevin Keegan.

Now we look at the positions now. Ridiculous.

i know, 11th and 13th, ridiculous eh?

i've highlighted the ones id swop for our rabble

Six games, three against Arsenal and Manure and one against fifth place Villa and some of you are at it already with "Keegans useless, the worlds over".. you make me fucking sick you bunch of pointless whiners! (not all of you oviously, just the whiners) :)

Agreed. Give our Kev a chance you moaners and fuck off.

Six games, three against Arsenal and Manure and one against fifth place Villa and some of you are at it already with "Keegans useless, the worlds over".. you make me f****** sick you bunch of pointless whiners! (not all of you oviously, just the whiners) :)

I never wanted him back.

And tbf we have been pummeled 4 times since he arrived. Absolutely raped.

I can't see Keegan turning us around, even with spending millions in the summer.

I still think we should've looked for a top quality European manager like Ramos, i said this before Keegan was appointed and wasn't exactly jumping for joy at his appointment, probably because i wasn't around in the Keegan days like.

Got to say congratulations to Spurs. Since we beat them back in the middle of October they've:

Sacked Jol, appointed Ramos, won a cup (beating Arsenal, City (a) and Chelsea in the process), shot up the League, made it into the last 16 of the UEFA Cup, the last 8 of the FA Cup and qualified for Europe next season.

We've sacked Allardyce, appointed Keegan and won 3 games of football.

Credit where it's due. They've really pushed on and are moving forward quickly.

Guest Milburnthedog

Whining is doing no good. Its cancerous, it spreads and destroys. Our support must stay together and strong or we'll all be visiting visiting QPR, Barnsley and Hull etc next term.

If you're not happy and want KK and Ashley out, then f~~~ off and keep well away from SJP. Only real, supportive fans are needed now.

Keegan know whats good and bad about our Club as does Mort and Ashley. As do we. Now is not the time for dissent even on web sites let alone at St James' Park for the upcoming home fixtures. These current players have difficulty with confidence a baying home support will just demorilize and sap every bit of self belief they have. These next games are very winable. The true supporters know what to do. The post Sky/ negative fans need to 'put up' or 'shut up'.

Guest Milburnthedog

Six games, three against Arsenal and Manure and one against fifth place Villa and some of you are at it already with "Keegans useless, the worlds over".. you make me f****** sick you bunch of pointless whiners! (not all of you obviously, just the whiners) :)

Well said.

f*** off!

Fat Boy in goal apart..I'd have nearly all of their first team players traded for ours.

We need to rebuild the same way they did when Arnesen and Jol (and that fat French guy aswell) first came, by signing young talent and taking a gamble on young players from lower divisions.

It'll take 2 years atleast to compete with teams in the top 8/9 in the Premiership.

FFS it's King who's injury record is even worse than Woodgate and Huddlestone who is just a statue!

They have good players, so do we. You'd hardly say Tainio, O'hara are players much better than ours right?

Their players are better, but they performed well because Ramos know how to make them perform.

The clear distinction between a good manager and a bad manager is their ability to bring out player's potential. Even a mediocore player like Tainio can contribute and bring success to the team. O'Neill also did that to Villa, the result may not be impressive enough at that time but it's fucking obvious that everyone has much better performance and the team has a stable tactics. Tell me where is it for Keegan. What people can see is using shit players again and again, continuing the mistake Sam has made and most importantly, a tactical downfall for the whole team. The players are more eager to attack but their methods are fucking ineffective. I'd rather restore the idea of Milner/N'Zogbia partnership rather than Duff fucking around and did nothing. And of course we don't need to mention how bad our defense is after Keegan's appointment huh?

Players are shit but they aren't that shit. And we do have good young crop of players. Lua Lua, Edgar, Carroll showed their potential, Tozer is showing that he can make it in the premiership, and of course there is Enrique who could be a top performer in EPL. So where the fuck are they? I could just see Carr playing in the left FFS, Butt shitting around and nevermind that Smith the shit.

To me, proof that a tactical manager is better than a motivator. Does anyone think we'd have had some of the thrashings of late had Deschamps for example been appointed?

Dunno. If my uncle had a cunt, would he be my auntie?

Guest Milburnthedog

To be fair to Crumpy he wasn't happy when Keegan was appointed, and he wasn't the only one.

I don't care what anyone thinks now. A stadium full of whiners, boo boys and negative attitudes will have us hoping that the Clubs below us don't collect half a dozen more points cos we'll get none and be screwed.

To be fair to Crumpy he wasn't happy when Keegan was appointed, and he wasn't the only one.

He wasn't my choice at the time, but there's no way I won't give him the time needed to turn things round. He deserves that much.

Guest Lefty Toon

Finally somebody being reasonable, some posters on here need to be somewhat realistic.