We Got Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

Guest DazzaNufc1892

always said it, never wanted keegan back, still dont want him here. In january the only players he moved for were all of allardyces targets e.g. brown and woodgate. And i also made the benitez ramos point on the day of his appointment and got slated for itm its nice to see im being proven right before the end of february. This will end in tears and us with no mike ashley, said that since the night i was woken up by my mate to the world "kevs took the job" and my reply was "plz tell me ur fukin kiddin me, if not fuk off"

always said it, never wanted keegan back, still dont want him here. In january the only players he moved for were all of allardyces targets e.g. brown and woodgate. And i also made the benitez ramos point on the day of his appointment and got slated for itm its nice to see im being proven right before the end of february. This will end in tears and us with no mike ashley, said that since the night i was woken up by my mate to the world "kevs took the job" and my reply was "plz tell me ur fukin kiddin me, if not fuk off"

It's great that you've been proven right so soon, well done.   O0

Guest Milburnthedog

Congratulations.

Wow awesome.

We're doing shite, but at least you've got your ego trip to comfort yourself when we go down eh?

Idiot.

Guest NSMagpie

Kevin Keegan is over the hill, and he won't revive Newcastle United's fortunes, next season or any other one,  that's plain to see.

All emotions and glorious '92- '97 history aside, he's past, and his appointment is a bad move, it's just a matter of time how long will it take Ashley and Mort to find it out.  Waste of time.

When one appoints a football manager, recent managing record is more important than emotions.

Aye, it would of been fucking dreadful if we got Brown and Woodgate like!

You know what the greatest thing about all of this is?

How everyone talks of another appointment as if there was a queue of experienced, World Class managers stood outside SJP and Ashley went to the end of the queue, grabbed Keegan and said "We'll just take him"

Why is it always the manager that gets this abuse and one or two obvious targets like Smith and Carr?  I was just thinking today about how little respect I have for our current set of players.  And I don't think that it is purely down to their lack of ability.  Starting with obvious candidates like Barton and Smith, then Emre and Butt's thugish behavior....mercenaries like Viduka.  N'Zogbia's attitude.  There are players like Milner who have obvious limitations and might be out of their depth, but at least they try and act like professionals.  Some of them....I don't know.  I just don't like these people.  I wish they played for other clubs.  I hate the fact that the club's fate is in their greedy, incompetent hands.  I realize that many clubs employ nasty characters, but how did we end up with the most expensive and least talented group? 

It's a long standing problem, not sure why we seem to end up with them constantly. No sooner have we got rid of two or three horrible characters than a new load come through the door.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Jesus wept.  It's not his squad.  He didn't buy anyone in January cos he couldn't buy the players he wanted, would you have been happier if he panic bought?

is this the first proper Keegan out thread? Class.

The cycle is accelerating. Roeder got nearly a full season before people were screaming for his head. Sam got about a dozen games or so before Portsmouth, Derby, and Liverpool happened.

KK? Out in six.

Souness said in an interview that even Shearer would only get about six months more than any other manager. At the current rate of inflation, that means he'll get exactly six months and three games or so.

Something that does wind me up btw is that it's seemingly impossible to criticise Keegan without tons of people thinking you want him out, right now. It's bollocks.

He's made some decisions so far that have backfired badly. I'm still behind him. Does that compute?

As I was saying.

Something that does wind me up btw is that it's seemingly impossible to criticise Keegan without tons of people thinking you want him out, right now. It's bollocks.

He's made some decisions so far that have backfired badly. I'm still behind him. Does that compute?

As I was saying.

You know where it leads though.

First there's the honeymoon period, where everybody's hush-hush about saying anything bad about the manager.

Then the criticism starts coming up (not that this is a bad thing mind.)

Then you start having people who say that they "knew from the start that it was the wrong appointment" or "have been consistently saying that this will end in tears." (about where we are now)

Then the obligatory "who if not Roeder/Allardyce/Keegan?" thread appears. People start getting excited over top-shelf managerial targets that we would never get in a million years.

Before you know it "Taxi for Keegan!" is being sung at SJP and we've got ourselves a new manager again.

And the merry-go-round continues.  :frantic:

The atmosphere on here is massively different to that on match day. People on here sound as if they expect miracles and are happy to critisise the team when it doesn't happen.

Where as on match day i've barely spoke to one of our fans that believes Keegan is even under pressure to produce this season (apart from avoiding relegation).

I wish our fans would stop trying to predict the future TBH. If anyone believes Keegan wont be our manager at the start of next season, then they are mad.

I can't wait for the Blackburn game.  Hope we win so some people can finally knee-jerk to the other end of the scale and some positive things can be said.

:snod:

Absloutely. After the Man U game i deliberatly avoided this place because i couldn't be arsed to see the same nosensical contageous whinging. After a day or so people normally calm down and see the bigger picture.

I can't wait for the Blackburn game.  Hope we win so some people can finally knee-jerk to the other end of the scale and some positive things can be said.

:snod:

Absloutely. After the Man U game i deliberatly avoided this place because i couldn't be arsed to see the same nosensical contageous whinging. After a day or so people normally calm down and see the bigger picture.

I am going to be happy on so many levels if we win Blackburn. Hopefully the Keegan good-feeling bandwagon that lasted about 30 minutes will get started again once we pick up a win.

I remember being so happy when Owen scored against Boro and Villa because my heart was singing "FUCK YEAH, we win this, all the whinging is over and we can have fun supporting this club again." Didn't really work out in either case, of course.

I only read a couple of posts on the first page, the OP and those that agree are bollocks.

Ramos won just one of his first 5.

Without a last gasp Boro goal so would Keegan.

The games Spurs didn't win were Blackburn, Boro, West Ham and Birmingham, not quite comparable with the 2 against Arsenal, Villa and Man U Keegan walked into.

Since then Ramos has picked up wins from Man City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Reading, The Mackems and Derby.  Spurs have still only won 2 games against top half opposition all season.

All credit, they've done well in the cup to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

We'll see what Keegan can do against bottom half clubs over the rest of the year.  Comparing them now is unfair.....and stupid.

Guest NSMagpie

Jesus wept.  It's not his squad.  He didn't buy anyone in January cos he couldn't buy the players he wanted, would you have been happier if he panic bought?

I'm actually frightened to death with what Keegan might buy, having in mind the way his team has been playing playing.

Yeah Ramos is quality, but...

Spurs already had a better team than us to start with, doubt very much if Ramos would have done much better than KK with the current crock of s**** of a squad we have.

Did he not join a team in the bottom 3?

The most obvious point made today!

I'm actually frightened to death with what Keegan might buy, having in mind the way his team has been playing playing.

How his team has been playing playing? O0

Doubt has crept in and undone us spectacularly against top 4 opposition.

We bombarded Bolton and did more than enough to beat Boro.  Unlucky to only take 2 points from what could very well have been 6 that would have had us 10 clear of the relegation spots.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/22/Clive_Dunn-1973.png/280px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png

Don't Panic!

I only read a couple of posts on the first page, the OP and those that agree are bollocks.

Ramos won just one of his first 5.

Without a last gasp Boro goal so would Keegan.

The games Spurs didn't win were Blackburn, Boro, West Ham and Birmingham, not quite comparable with the 2 against Arsenal, Villa and Man U Keegan walked into.

Since then Ramos has picked up wins from Man City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Reading, The Mackems and Derby.  Spurs have still only won 2 games against top half opposition all season.

All credit, they've done well in the cup to beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

We'll see what Keegan can do against bottom half clubs over the rest of the year.  Comparing them now is unfair.....and stupid.

Ramos also managed to bring in a few players he wanted, unlike Keegan. the time to judge him is next season, his only job this year is to steer clear of relegation. then in the summer he can start a afresh, having had time to judge the players here and what sort of rebuilding is needed.

Yeah Ramos is quality, but...

Spurs already had a better team than us to start with, doubt very much if Ramos would have done much better than KK with the current crock of s**** of a squad we have.

Did he not join a team in the bottom 3?

The most obvious point made today!

Ramos:

Drew with Boro.

Beaten by Arsenal.

Beaten by Man Utd.

Beaten by Villa.

Hasn't played Bolton yet, got beat off a worse side though, Birmingham.

Miles better than Keegan like.