10 Best Transfers of the season.....

Guest kingdawson

Guest kingdawson

Bakary Sagna (Arsenal) £6m from Auxerre.

Once again Arsene unearths a beauty of a signing. Pretty much unheard of before he left France for north London, but now arguably the best full back in the country.

Anderson (Man United) £18m from Porto.

May seem a steep fee, but could be worth a lot more if he continues impressing. Amazingly still only 19.

Fernando Torres (Liverpool) £26.5 from Atletico Madrid.

People scoffed when he arrived at Anfield for a fee many considered pricey, but I am sure most of those doubters have disappeared now. 21 goals in 27 starts tends to change people’s opinions!

Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth) £7m from Udinese.

A class act pulling the strings at Fratton Park. Playing a big part of their continued rise up the table.

Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth) Free from Man City.

Possibly the player of the year at Portsmouth. His defensive partnership with Sol Campbell has been astounding.

Martin Petrov (Man City) £4.7 from Atletico Madrid.

Chased by a number of clubs in the summer, the winger has been awesome for the Eastlands side, creating a large number of the goals Sven’s team have scored.

James McFadden (Birmingham) £4.75m from Everton.

I was skeptical about this move at first, but the Scot could prove to be crucial in Brum's attempt to beat the drop.

Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn) £3.8m from Bayern Munich.

Possibly the bargain of the season. Santa Cruz took the big step of leaving the comfort of his Bayern spot and opted for a shot at the Premier League with unfancied Blackburn. The result, a goal more or less every other game, and a true team player and well worth triple what Mark Hughes wisely invested.

Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham) £8m from Middlesbrough.

Yes, it’s early days but this could prove to be a very wise purchase indeed. Juande Ramos needed some solidarity at the back and the purchase of the rejuvenated Woodgate has already helped secure silverware.

Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham) £4m from Arsenal.

After a season on loan the Midlands side stumped up the £4m for the permanent signature of the 19-year-old and it could prove to be the best £4m the club has ever spent. Cool and calm on the ball and already showing why he was considered to be the next Vieira before Arsene Wenger let him leave the Emirates.

http://www.sportingo.com/Football/a7...EN-buys-season

Guest kingdawson

Woodgate and McFadden have played 10 games between them, far to early to be saying they're the best transfers of the season.

Agreed 100 % and i wouldnt have Muamba in there either.

Woodgate and McFadden have played 10 games between them, far to early to be saying they're the best transfers of the season.

Agreed 100 % and i wouldnt have Muamba in there either.

Considering Woodgate scored the winner for your lot yesterday and Mcfadden got 2 against Arsenal on Saturday then I'd say there's a good chance his opinion has been influenced by whats gone on over the past few days.

Both are potentially very good signings but agree, too early to say.  Woodgate is good, but that was well known before and £8m is a good sized wedge for a player with his injury record.  I'm glad we paid it but it doesn't make it a best transfer yet.

Wouldn't have Muamba there and I would have Elano in before Petrov, although both of them have gone off the boil a bit recently, the Manc derby excepted.

Surprised Kenwyne Jones and Gordon havent been mentioned, (not sure when they were signed, dont really care), also Elano has been a good player as has Eduardo. Would put all of them ahead of Woodgate, Muamba, McFadden.

Guest kingdawson

Both are potentially very good signings but agree, too early to say.  Woodgate is good, but that was well known before and £8m is a good sized wedge for a player with his injury record.  I'm glad we paid it but it doesn't make it a best transfer yet.

Wouldn't have Muamba there and I would have Elano in before Petrov, although both of them have gone off the boil a bit recently, the Manc derby excepted.

You're off your head tbh. Petrov has been far more consistant than Elano but i still feel he may deserve to be on that list too. Other shouts (imo of course) include Yakubu, corluka, Jones, Tevez and possibly even Bale if he had stayed fit).

Well, thank God they haven't written up a "worst signings" list.

We figure highly in that list although getting to the winner would take some working out.

I figure it would be between Smith and one of the Scum's signings.. Richardson or Gordon maybe.

Aw hell, here's a list.

Gerald Cid - Whatever they payed for him, it was too much. Released over the winter and back in France with Nice.

Rolando Bianchi - 8.8m. Looked decent but slowed down. Failed to settle and went back to Italy. Probably not coming back.

David Rozenhal - 3m. Similar story to Bianchi. At leats he cost less.

Alan Smith - 6m. ARGH.

David Nugent - 6m. Poster boy for overrated English "Talent." Barely plays and probably isn't going to in the future with Defoe and Baros around.

Kieran Richardson - 5m. Wouldn't be worth 5m if he was healthy, certainly isn't worth 5m when he's crocked 75% of the time.

Craig Gordon - 9m. Newly promoted team makes ambitious 9m signing.. On a goalie. You couldn't make it up. Good at times but very inconsistent, even dropped for Darren Ward at one point.

Younes Kaboul - 7m. A Spurs fan once deadpanned to me that Kaboul reminded him a lot of Titus Bramble.

Kieron Dyer- 6m. Ouch. Thanks for the six million.

Craig Bellamy - 7.5m. Can probably still do the business but injury ridden. Unsure if there'll be a place in the West Ham squad for him once he's back.

Darren Bent - 16m!?! For him!?!  mackems.gif

Torres should without a doubt be on the "best transfers" list btw. I'm blind. Tevez, Jones, and Yakubu in for Woodgate, Muamba, and McFadden.

Guest kingdawson

We figure highly in that list although getting to the winner would take some working out.

I figure it would be between Smith and one of the Scum's signings.. Richardson or Gordon maybe.

Aw hell, here's a list.

Gerald Cid - Whatever they payed for him, it was too much. Released over the winter and back in France with Nice.

Rolando Bianchi - 8.8m. Looked decent but slowed down. Failed to settle and went back to Italy. Probably not coming back.

Alan Smith - 6m. ARGH.

David Nugent - 6m. Poster boy for overrated English "Talent." Barely plays and probably isn't going to in the future with Defoe and Baros around.

Kieran Richardson - 5m. Wouldn't be worth 5m if he was healthy, certainly isn't worth 5m when he's crocked 75% of the time.

Craig Gordon - 9m. Newly promoted team makes ambitious 9m signing.. On a goalie. You couldn't make it up. Good at times but very inconsistent, even dropped for Darren Ward at one point.

Younes Kaboul - 7m. A Spurs fan once deadpanned to me that Kaboul reminded him a lot of Titus Bramble.

Craig Bellamy - 7.5m. Can probably still do the business but injury ridden. Unsure if there'll be a place in the West Ham squad for him once he's back.

Torres should without a doubt be on the "best transfers" list btw.

Kaboul shouldnt be there imho. He was one of our better players at the start of the season and looks like he's getting his form back. Dawson has been far worse yet it's Kaboul that gets the blame.

Based on price, Bent should be there instead of Kaboul.

What I've been told is that he's one of those players who's good but has a regularly scheduled howler every month or so. You'll hopefully find out before we did that you just can't rely on a player like that as a central defender. cf) Titus Bramble

Actually, Bent should definitely be in the list. Forgot about him.

Aw hell, here's a list.

Alan Smith - 6m. ARGH.

Torres should without a doubt be on the "best transfers" list btw. Torres, Jones, and Elano in for Woodgate, Muamba, and McFadden.

Torres is on there...

Aw hell, here's a list.

Alan Smith - 6m. ARGH.

Darren Bent - 16m!?! For him!?!  mackems.gif

Torres should without a doubt be on the "best transfers" list btw. I'm blind. Tevez, Jones, and Yakubu in for Woodgate, Muamba, and McFadden.

scott parker?

Well, if Parker was in Bellamy would have to be in too since they were basically bad transfers for the same reasons. Bellers costed more though

Actually Parker and Bellamy should probably both be in there over Rozhenal for the sheer amount of money they cost, but I've edited this list enough already so blah.