Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Guest LucaAltieri

Good to see Enrique playing... Hope to see Le Zog in the second half. I don't see what Duff or either central midfielder have done to get the nod ahead of N'Zogbia.

Good to see Enrique playing... Hope to see Le Zog in the second half. I don't see what Duff or either central midfielder have done to get the nod ahead of N'Zogbia.

yeah, on the bright side we have a actual defender at LB. Him and Duff attacking down the left must be one of the slowest pairings in the league. actually the front six combined today could well be the slowest midfield and attack around

Why play them 3 really why??

Necessity?

not really Zoggy and MArtins are available

Is Martins ready for 90mins?

Zoggy's heart isn't in it.

If Martins isnt ready for 90 minutes take him of after an hour he will do more in that time than Smith

yeah, on the bright side we have a actual defender at LB. Him and Duff attacking down the left must be one of the slowest pairings in the league. actually the front six combined today could well be the slowest midfield and attack around

And the worst around

Guest LucaAltieri

Couldn't care less about Enrique's attacking ability. We've been playing with an attack-minded left-back for a while now and it hasn't helped any, so I'm not going to bash Enrique on that basis.

Pace isn't everything, either. Wouldn't matter so much if we could pass the ball. That's by far the bigger issue.

Whats Blackburns team they are supposed to be playing 4-5-1

BRFC: Brad Friedel, Andre Ooijer, Stephen Warnock, Christopher Samba, Brett Emerton, Roque Santa Cruz, Benni McCarthy, David Bentley, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid

Subs: Jason Brown, Tugay, Aaron Mokoena, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Roberts

Maybe there is a clause in Smith's contract that he must start every game if fit, and Keegan is starting him because of that - But then he'll take him off immediately after kickoff and put Martins on. :D

Yeah, I know. I wish. Would be fucking hilarious though if it happened.

As for N'Zogbia being dropped for non-footballing reasons, perhaps he's just been dropped because he was shambolic at left back last game? Just a thought. Ah well, fingers crossed. Desperately need a win today, desperately.