Lamine Diatta signs until end of season

Guest johnson293

Just taking the piss out of the way they refute each other's articles most of the time. Even though they probably share an office.

Funny thing is, the Chronicle, Journal and Sunday Sun all do share an office :lol:

Diatta probably had the easiest test ever known to get into a professional club:

KK: "here Diatta, we're gonna play you at centre half in this training match. You're marking Alan Smith (sorry 'Smudge'). See if you can keep him from scoring"

LD (to himself): "**** me this is a piece of ****! Easiest money i'll ever make!!"

Diatta probably had the easiest test ever known to get into a professional club:

KK: "here Diatta, we're gonna play you at centre half in this training match. You're marking Alan Smith (sorry 'Smudge'). See if you can keep him from scoring"

LD (to himself): "**** me this is a piece of ****! Easiest money i'll ever make!!"

:lol:

Link: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/03/06/diatta-transfer-takes-new-twist-72703-20567647/

SENEGAL international Lamine Diatta has signed for Newcastle United until the end of the season.

The deal had looked to have collapsed after Diatta - who was out of contract - failed to agree terms during five hour talks yesterday.

But after a change in heart from the former Lyon defender will play for a longer contract between now and the end of the season.

The African is expected to give Kevin Keegan more defensive options when he is fully match fit but that may not be for a couple of weeksmonths.

FYP.

Link: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/03/06/diatta-transfer-takes-new-twist-72703-20567647/

SENEGAL international Lamine Diatta has signed for Newcastle United until the end of the season.

The deal had looked to have collapsed after Diatta - who was out of contract - failed to agree terms during five hour talks yesterday.

But after a change in heart from the former Lyon defender will play for a longer contract between now and the end of the season.

The African is expected to give Kevin Keegan more defensive options when he is fully match fit but that may not be for a couple of weeksmonths.

FYP.

It does worry me tbh.

The mini-saga won't do him any favours at all if he does ever play a first-team game. Silly man.

What mini-saga? You think the player has resisted all attempts to gain his services unless.........?

You have additional information?

Or.. wait, the press are speculating, the thread is speculating, you are succumbing..?

Guest toonlass

The mini-saga won't do him any favours at all if he does ever play a first-team game. Silly man.

What mini-saga? You think the player has resisted all attempts to gain his services unless.........?

Or.. wait, the press are speculating, the thread is speculating, you are succumbing..?

mackems.gif

Mini-saga, love it!

Why the heck should it make a difference when he plays?

He should be judged on his performances and nowt else!

Regardless of how good or bad he is as a player, well done to the negotiating team on this one. Not bottling it and letting the player force us into giving him a longer contract.

:clap:

There, don't let anyone say I can't say anything good about the new board.

Guest johnson293

.COM reckon we are awaiting written confirmation from Besiktas that they no longer own him, before his registration can be officially completed.

Also saying its a deal till the summer, with the option of an extension.

can someone remind me what david edgar did wrong exactly?  i seem to remember him marking ronaldo out of a game and scoring a goal on his debut, then playing one or two other decent games

was he central in the brum home 5-1 fiasco 'cause i thought that was huntington?

i only ask 'cause he must be packing his bags right now...

I've been asking myself the exact same thing for quite a while and had discussions with others about that before.

i mean fair enough the lad might not be the next beckenbaur but surely we should be giving people like him a chance rather than scouring the dregs of world football for any defender out of contract

doesn't signal a change in club policy as such does it?  same old same old really

Only thing at the moment I'd worry about is his lack of experience due to the situation we are in. But then again those with experience are the ones who have got us in this situation at the moment.

The only thing I would say is that it would be fucking harsh hoying the young lads like Edgar and Carroll into the relegation battle we are now in and expecting them to do a job. It's hard enough coming through in a decent side let alone the shower of shit we have at the minute.

Guest johnson293

The only thing I would say is that it would be f****** harsh hoying the young lads like Edgar and Carroll into the relegation battle we are now in and expecting them to do a job. It's hard enough coming through in a decent side let alone the shower of s*** we have at the minute.

I agree, to an extent - its easy to throw the younger players in when things are going ok - but to throw them in when things are going badly, and we are suffering fairly regular heavy defeats, then it could crush their morale/confidence.

On the flipside though, the experienced proven players haven't been been performing to well either, and are suffering the same confidence/morale issues - but hopefully the next win we get will help turn things round.

Not that I see that next win coming tomorrow, like??!!!

Howay Lads.... Surprise us all!!!!

Guest float one in

3 points above the relegation zone is a f****** tense situation. Its bad enough for us supporters, but players get scared to try owt for fear of making the mistake that sends us down, especially in front of 52000 and that will get more and more acute the nearer we get to the end of the season. In that situation you don't want younguns in there, especially at the back, you want as much experience as possible. 

The only thing I would say is that it would be f****** harsh hoying the young lads like Edgar and Carroll into the relegation battle we are now in and expecting them to do a job. It's hard enough coming through in a decent side let alone the shower of s*** we have at the minute.

I agree, to an extent - its easy to throw the younger players in when things are going ok - but to throw them in when things are going badly, and we are suffering fairly regular heavy defeats, then it could crush their morale/confidence.

On the flipside though, the experienced proven players haven't been been performing to well either, and are suffering the same confidence/morale issues - but hopefully the next win we get will help turn things round.

Not that I see that first win coming tomorrow, like??!!!

don't buy that...as alluded to here the experienced players we've got aren't up to it, that's not a matter of opinion that's a fact

not sure what a journeyman senegalese international can add in 10 games that someone who has spent years and years at the club can't?  it's not like we're signing maldini or something is it?

zog, milner, taylor are 3 of the better players we have and they're all the same age as edgar (he's not a bairn man) - beye and faye are the only older players doing anything (maybe owen) but this diatta boy isn't going to be that good lets face it

anyway it's a wider point for me, namely that for all the talk about youth development we've scoured the world for the first 32 year old african defender we can get our hands on when what we really need is a midfielder...doesn't bode well, classic keegan

Not that I see that first win coming tomorrow, like??!!!

not sure what a journeyman senegalese international can add in 10 games that someone who has spent years and years at the club can't?  it's not like we're signing maldini or something is it?

Cover for Beye, apparently.

mackems.gif

Mini-saga, love it!

Why the heck should it make a difference when he plays?

He should be judged on his performances and nowt else!

You just know the mongs who believe everything the papers write will be on his back at the first sign of a mistake or a misjudgement though, moreso than they would have been had everything just been done and dusted quickly and quietly.

Criticising me for "believing" something in the papers an' all, the fucking cheek of it! :laugh: