Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

There's nowt wrong with getting a targetman, it doesn't automatically make it impossible to play decent football if Pardew's given the heave-ho and currently it's not working so not worth persevering with.  Whether that means 2 up front or whatever I don't know, seems like Cisse's on his way anyway so not necessarily.

I agree, i mean heck the two CL finalists used one but we all know what it means with Pardew sadly.

As I have said before, I would rather plan for our future than Pardew's. I don't want us spending millions on players we will struggle to get rid of if Pardew gets the boot just because they fit his 'system'.

Let Carr decide what he thinks we need, if Pardew can't manage them effectively give him the boot and get someone in who can.

As I have said before, I would rather plan for our future than Pardew's. I don't want us spending millions on players we will struggle to get rid of if Pardew gets the boot just because they fit his 'system'.

Let Carr decide what he thinks we need, if Pardew can't manage them effectively give him the boot and get someone in who can.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it. Would be even better if we had the ambition to get a top manager.

Gomis scores goals for France, scores goals in the Champions League and has cored regularly in his league for a good few years now.

Not sure we can do much better to be honest!

He may not always be the prettiest on the eye, but he's got pace and power we could definitely do with, especially considering our manger's tactical preferences.

IMO I think he'll do really well in the prem. At least as well as he's done in France.

Guest Recoba

John Sutton and Kevin Kyle are considered good in the SPL. Neither could hack it in the Football League.

Makes perfect sense, doesn't it. Would be even better if we had the ambition to get a top manager.

I doubt very much we sign players just to suit Pardew and to say top players only suit one system is mental. Gomis is a rounded striker that could plat up top alone, in a front two or in a front three.

I would prefer it to be this way but Pardew isn't going anywhere any time soon and Ashley won't pay the cash to get someone in who could live up to the level of the playing squad.

I doubt very much we sign players just to suit Pardew and to say top players only suit one system is mental. Gomis is a rounded striker that could plat up top alone, in a front two or in a front three.

:thup: Not sure Gomis would suddenly become redundant if Pardew were to leave, just because he's big and strong.

Hooper is crap..... there's a reason championship sides are in for him.

Besides even if he wasn't how is he going to compliment Cisse or less do anything with the long balls?

Which is why its imperative we sign a target man.

Which is why i'm utterly against Bent because he does neither.

You need to think, simply buying strikers isn't going to fix the lack of goals you have to get the right type which suits how the team plays and is set up.

I despair at your post Mole, not because of what it says. It's the fact we are resigned to signing players to suit Pardew's hoofball tactics :(

Out of all frenchies isn't gignac the most suited for Pardew's style?

Why would we offer £10m for a player who has a year left on his contract? OM might like to get that much but it's not going to happen in a million years.

It's 10m euros, and just a rumour with no sources at present anyway.

Why would we offer £10m for a player who has a year left on his contract? OM might like to get that much but it's not going to happen in a million years.

It's 10m euros, and just a rumour with no sources at present anyway.

It sounds likely we've made an offer, probably about £4-5m and the OM president is hoping to squeeze a bit more. That's the way it usually goes with us.

Do agree with Skirge on Gomis, while his build does make him ideal for Pardew's game he wouldn't become redundant if we sacked Pardew down the line.

He is quite good with his feet and bringing others into play, he would have failed at Lyon otherwise as they don't hoof at all.

I think we are in a good position to sign both Gomis and Bent tbh, it's just a case of negotiating the best deal. Also whether we actually want both or just one or the other (more likely just one IMO).

I think we are in a good position to sign both Gomis and Bent tbh, it's just a case of negotiating the best deal. Also whether we actually want both or just one or the other (more likely just one IMO).

Gomis would replace Ba, I think Bent would be Cisse's replacement. Gouffran is Best's and we don't really need to replace Shola.

He'll be worth €10m and more if he comes and scores 15+ goals next season. People have been blinded by the ending contract/ROI on purchases stuff so much.

That's not how a buying club will look at it if he's got a year left. Otherwise we'd never have sold Enrique for £5m. OM will want more but they'll be bricking it that he stays and sees out his contract and they get nothing.

Don't see why we can't signGomis, Bent and Remy if Cisse or Shola leaves but this has to happen fast, signing an entire new strike force needs to be sorted for the start of the season.

Gomis is a very intelligent striker, thinks about the game more than say Cisse who seems to be more of a reactive player.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during Kinnear's 'negotiations' in fact I imagine it goes like this

It is a dark smokey room, a table in the middle with a telephone, around it sit Mike Ashley, Joe Kinnear, Graham Carr and a plank they've got in to do what Mick Harford was going to do. Joe Kinnear dials a number:

"alright lyonez we want barty gnomes"

"ou is this?"

"don't you know who I am? I used to manage Real Madrid!"

*sound of phone being put down at other end*

"alright, don't panic lads, second go"

"bonjour frenchies i'm joe and I want to buy bambi gomez"

"and how much are you offering?"

"well my mate graham ere reckons he's only worth 3 million uros"

"oo is this Graham?"

"you may know his son he's on the tele! he's a poofter!"

"what is un "poofter"

"Are you calling me a poofter?"

*Joe Kinnear slams the phone down*

End of negotiation.

He'll be worth €10m and more if he comes and scores 15+ goals next season. People have been blinded by the ending contract/ROI on purchases stuff so much.

leedsunitedfcbadge.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Portsmouth_FC_90's_logo.png images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToFoExzAiFz_aLsWxRQ3NUOq8jctVISMeHfTTVweJH9k203eA5Yw

How could you, Disco? :(