Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Apparently our offer was £8.6m (£7m plus £1.6m in addons).  So if he's waiting for another bidder to offer that plus 5% extra to pay St Etienne (£9m total) for a player who'll be able to sign a pre-contract for a free transfer in 6 months time then I think he's waiting in vein personally.

He's in no rush , if bigger bids doesn't come he can still sell him to us near deadline day.

That may end up being the case, but I'm not sure how he can be so confident of that, I doubt he knows us inside out.  My own view is that if something big doesn't happen elsewhere on this deal in the next week he'll panic and come back to us.

As unlikely as it is it would be pretty funny if we signed someone else and they ended up getting £2m in January.

Ashley is a tightarse but this time we have apparently offered an amount that is more than fair, from what I have seen and others have said the offer wouldn't be far off that if he had 3 years left on his contract let alone 1!

Guest Haris Vuckic

Basically I just want a player called Bafétimbi. If it isn't Gomis then sign me a Bafétimbi off the street.

As much as our constant pissing around and bargain hunting in the transfer window boils my piss, I just feel we never really had a chance of this deal happening.

The player really wants to go to OM and Aulas ws never going to make it easy anyway.

As much as our constant pissing around and bargain hunting in the transfer window boils my piss, I just feel we never really had a chance of this deal happening.

The player really wants to go to OM and Aulas ws never going to make it easy anyway.

Skirge you really need to think twice every time you post.

They got 6 million for Lopez, so they may not have to sell. I mean, they would have to get a replacement in too, which will be costly. Although it sounds like they want to discuss a new deal with Gomis, which I doubt he would be willing to entertain on his end.

They got 6 million for Lopez, so they may not have to sell. I mean, they would have to get a replacement in too, which will be costly. Although it sounds like they want to discuss a new deal with Gomis, which I doubt he would be willing to entertain on his end.

Bet he will if they give him similar or increased terms.

Hasnt he already turned down their contract offers?  Definitely cant see him staying for the same wage with all the bad blood going around and the possibility of a lucritive free transfer coming up soon.  Also with the new tax system coming up I cant see how Lyon could afford to offer him even the same he's on now after tax.  Nah staying just doesnt seem like an option, Lyon cant afford to keep him unless he signs a new contract and I'd be amazed if he's prepared to do that.  The fact they've brought in 6m euros wont change anything either.  Keeping him without a new contract would still mean theyd effectively be paying around 14m euros to keep him for one more season (giving up the 10m euro fee and paying him his 3-4m euro wage).

Guest Phil K

Hasnt he already turned down their contract offers?  Definitely cant see him staying for the same wage with all the bad blood going around....

He needs to start with his tosser of an agent. The blokes greed is astonishing.

Hasnt he already turned down their contract offers?  Definitely cant see him staying for the same wage with all the bad blood going around....

He needs to start with his tosser of an agent. The blokes greed is astonishing.

Unfortunately it doesn't astonish me, they're all greedy twats and it seems like a lot of the time they make the decisions rather than the player, which is ludicrous.

There's no point in beating ourselves up over this one, we won't know if he's coming until closer to the window deadline when Aulas will be forced to compromise or lose the lot. If it doesn't go through and we don't sign anyone else then we can start kicking off. I would think we will make one more signing though, even if we are letting it drag yet again.

So sad that Gomis slipped away, think he would be great for us. Now Joe need to use his brain and try to get a striker fast!