Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Saying that though, we are missing out on a player for the sake of £400,000 (i read that was the sell on fee). 5% of £8m, if that was our bid.

Aye, an then when we offer to pay that, he'll come back saying we need to pay a £600,000 handling and packing fee.

... and shipping, and shipping insurance...

Guest bimpy474

Dont get me wrong guys, i wouldn't want us to pay it out of principle as some of you are saying. It's just the low figure bugs me, dont know why.

And Aulus is a massive anus tbf..

@Sky_PhilForster

Source in France: @BafGomis move to #nufc broke down because Lyon President expected #nufc to also pay his sell on fee to St.Etienne

We can't be dealing with arseholes like that.

We just realising that now?

Our initial offer was reported as £4m, that may have been a little low but given his contract situation, wanting out, them wanting rid etc... how far do we go to keep trying to meet their demands? If that initial offer is true we have already doubled it, if we agree to £8.4m what is to say they won't want another £300,000 for the wages they have paid since our first offer/the fax machine ink/The extra MBs Aulas has used when checking the internet on his phone etc...

The offer that has been reported is more than good enough imo, fuck upping it all the time because their owner is a twat. It's not 'only £400,000' if we are already offering more than how much we think his true worth is.

We should have made a final offer weeks ago and moved on.

Saying that though, we are missing out on a player for the sake of £400,000 (i read that was the sell on fee). 5% of £8m, if that was our bid.

It's the principle though. This is the one time I agree with the board... even if it is £400k which is a small percentage of the total value. They are being right f***ing pricks about it. They would be getting £7,600,000 for a player that can go for free next summer.

You normally insert a sell-on fee so you can settle on a lower buying price (between Lyon & ASSE). You can't then expect the next buying club to pay that clause ffs.

Still think he'll be ours by the window ending though.

Sky Sports News saying Aulas has told them he's determined to keep Gomis, aye good luck with that dick head :lol:

This fucker is either schitzo, has A.D.D or just likes to say as many contradictory things as possible to try to confuse people into giving him money.  I'm not sure if he's thick as fuck, a genius or insane at this point :lol:

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has put the blame for Bafetembi Gomis' failed transfer squarely at Newcastle United's door, but is now hoping the player can extend his stay in France.

Gomis had been subject to two approaches from the Magpies, and both fell through with a difference in pricing taken as the factor.

Gomis was tipped for an exit at any cost this summer, with even Marseille linked up, but yesterday Aulas revealed an extended stay under reduced wages was a possibility.

He restated the position today as well, telling L'Equipe: "Circumstances have changed. Newcastle broke the discussions and there were no other offers.

"The most logical solution would be for us to all return to a little humility in relation to what was said, and hope that he may extend by a year.

"However, there are prerequisites, especially regarding what [coach] Remi Garde wants to achieve."

Gomis' current deal at Lyon is set to expire next summer, while the 28-year-old has already spent four years with the Ligue 1 club.

Things are equally complicated by the fact that experienced striker Lisandro Lopez recently sealed a move to Al-Gharafa SC in Qatar.

It means Lyon are set to secure at least one fresh striker's signing, even if Aulas has long claimed the popular option that is Marseille's Andre-Pierre Gignac is not the right fit.

Free Bets? The Latest Odds? Betting Tips? It's all at Inside Bet!

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/08/13/lyon-president-jean-michel-aulas-blames-newcastle-for-failed-bafetimbi-gomis-talks-and-sets-sights-on-contract-extension-for-striker/95125/#QQGVGhE4DxkDVtYL.99

We've been more than accommodating on this, the blame lies at his feet for fucking us about in the first place allowing agents to interfere later in the deal.

Very sick of this now. He was a player I really wanted but its well past the time to walk away from this, I said 2 weeks ago its time to move on to new targets and now we've left it too late.

I hear its all about the British players, so Bent it is when really we should be looking beyond the next year or two, we need a striker to grow not decline. If Blackburn hadn't already paid an extreme amount of money for Rhodes he'd be near the top of my list, but the £8m they've already paid is more than enough of a gamble and although it worked in the Championship it may not at this level. Strikers are the big difference, even Shola looked great down there and we all know how wank he is.

Perfect scenario would be for us to sign someone else now then Gomis on a free next summer :D

We might be a little overstocked with forwards, imagine that! :lol:

Don't worry, we'll definitely sell [insert any player who has been a positive from the season] by then anyway.