Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest jda3000

i feel sorry for boumsong, especially that game when he got sent off and gave away a penalty and then he just moped around the back off the goal.  I didnt think he was that bad

i feel sorry for boumsong, especially that game when he got sent off and gave away a penalty and then he just moped around the back off the goal.  I didnt think he was that bad

I know what you mean, but the thought of him bezzing around on a scootay makes me laugh. :lol:

Been leaning towards Spain for the Euros, but if Domenech has got the bottle to go for Gomis & Benzema ahead of Henry & Anelka then I'd be tempted to stick a few quid on France.

Yeah i've been leaning towards France having checked up on the international scene just lately. It'd be interesting to see if Germany can follow up on what was a very promising World Cup. Them and Argentina were the two best teams in that tournament.

just watched his goals from the france game, two quality strikes!

When you here 'the new...' anyone you tend to think aye dead on but everything about him smacked of the drog, in particular the first!

This one player highlights why the club MUST be moving in on their targets pre EURO's, we've been linked from January, not made a move, he has a blinding tournament a winds up with a bigger club, when he could have been in black and white!

Modric is a cert to have a blinding tourni, Turan the same and any other potentials that are there, making them unattainable for us and leaving it to be a very frustraiting summer!

Fook me throw me a positive KK quick!

Guest Knightrider

Great goals, but Martins has scored a number of great goals yet isn't the best all-rounder which for me, is far more important to our cause than someone able to bang them in as that's what we need more than most up top.

It is not as simple as that. A lot of clubs with sellable players will want to hold on to them over Euro 2008 in case their market value increases. Why sell an asset for less than you could get for said player a few weeks later?

They are already asking for around 15 million how much more can they expect to get?

Some clubs might not be prepared to pay that yet though. They'll check him out during the tournament and make their mind up based on that perhaps. If he scores loads St Etienne will demand at least what the figures being talked about at the moment, and I suppose if he doesn't score m/any it will just be seen as him having a bad tournament and they'll probably still be able to sell him for what they're after for him now.

Guest elpapi

It is not as simple as that. A lot of clubs with sellable players will want to hold on to them over Euro 2008 in case their market value increases. Why sell an asset for less than you could get for said player a few weeks later?

I don't know, why not ask the Mamic brothers...

They are already asking for around 15 million how much more can they expect to get?

Some clubs might not be prepared to pay that yet though. They'll check him out during the tournament and make their mind up based on that perhaps. If he scores loads St Etienne will demand at least what the figures being talked about at the moment, and I suppose if he doesn't score m/any it will just be seen as him having a bad tournament and they'll probably still be able to sell him for what they're after for him now.

If he has a poor tournemant they may actually get less then they could now.

If he has a poor tournemant they may actually get less then they could now.

I know. He would have to be really, really poor to significantly reduce his own value though I reckon.

I can't see his value going down at all actually. Even if he doesn't score one goal, if he gets appearances for France his club can claim more.

Exactly. End of the day its his first international senior tournament and expectations for him are not going to be high. I doubt many people outside of those involved in and with an interest in French football, and fans such as us of clubs linked with him really know about him anyway. Anything he does at Euro 2008 would be seen as a bonus that his current club can use to get more money for him. I think.