Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I think you were wrong about the fast thing, he moves like a slug. I wouldn't judge him on these games though.

nah he is pretty fast, but never got to use it in such a congested situation with the netherlands sitting back, soacking up pressure and breaking, as there's no space in behind to run into.

Whose stock has fallen the most in this tournament?

Gomis or Gomez?

don't think Gomis was as high profile before he got called up for the french tbh, whereas Gomez hasbeen linked to Real Madrid and other massive sides. obviously unfair to rate him on a few games, but he doesn't look quite at that level yet.

Sorry, Wullie. He looks mint. Don't know why people are talking about Robben and Van Persie as Gomis was clearly much better than either. Barely put a foot wrong all match, made a massive impact, looks composed, good on the ball, has good awareness.

Sorry, Wullie. He looks mint. Don't know why people are talking about Robben and Van Persie as Gomis was clearly much better than either. Barely put a foot wrong all match, made a massive impact, looks composed, good on the ball, has good awareness.

Don't be a twat, it doesn't suit you. :razz:

Well stop being a big nancy. He's played 60 minutes-ish and looked completely shite. Don't think he's done one thing right yet.

Don't be a t***, it doesn't suit you. :razz:

Well stop being a big nancy. He's played 60 minutes-ish and looked completely s****.

I thought he looked very sluggish. There was one moment when he trapped and passed the ball almost in slow motion. Best thing he did was that dive.

Well stop being a big nancy. He's played 60 minutes-ish and looked completely shite. Don't think he's done one thing right yet.

Oh well if he's played for an hour, sorry, I didn't realise you'd scouted him so thoroughly.

If we're not going to sign players who've had a poor game against a top class international side, 2-0 up and on fire, we're going to have a very short list of players to choose from this summer, not to mention Michael Owen will have to be first out the door.

He's not done anything this tournament (even though he's had a whole hour!) but bloody hell man, genuinely judging him is absolute nonsense.

Guest Guinness

Looks awful going of his two appearances so far. I'm sure he's a lot better than what he's shown otherwise he wouldn't be in the squad, but he couldn't even control the ball properly tonight!

He hasn't really looked all that actually. Even a bit sluggish. Maybe he'll need a few more games at international level.

Can't say I was impressed tonight like. Looked pretty slow, had a number of awful first touches, and generally lumbered about like he wasn't interested. His movement in particular was bloody woeful in that match.

Impossible to make a proper judgement from one appearance, obviously, but he really didn't look anything special tonight. Underwhelming as fuck.

Oh well if he's played for an hour, sorry, I didn't realise you'd scouted him so thoroughly.

If we're not going to sign players who've had a poor game against a top class international side, 2-0 up and on fire, we're going to have a very short list of players to choose from this summer, not to mention Michael Owen will have to be first out the door.

He's not done anything this tournament (even though he's had a whole hour!) but bloody hell man, genuinely judging him is absolute nonsense.

Dave has replied for me.

Can't say I was impressed tonight like. Looked pretty slow, had a number of awful first touches, and generally lumbered about like he wasn't interested. His movement in particular was bloody woeful in that match.

Impossible to make a proper judgement from one appearance, obviously, but he really didn't look anything special tonight. Underwhelming as f***.

I really wonder if the Stoke manager was referring to Gomis when he said he was no better than what Stoke had! I'm sure Gomis is a lot better than he showed, but we probably do need a more technical striker to replace Viduka.

He didn't look like he knew where he needed to be at times. On a number of times he was caught too deep when France were attacking and it wasn't as if he was just caught out by a quick counter attacking move.

I still want him here though :lol:

Impossible to make a proper judgement from one appearance, obviously, but he really didn't look anything special tonight. Underwhelming as f***.

I really wonder if the Stoke manager was referring to Gomis when he said he was no better than what Stoke had! I'm sure Gomis is a lot better than he showed, but we probably do need a more technical striker to replace Viduka.

Derdiyok is a must...

Aye Derdiyok has looked good, reckon his price may have gone up now but I doub't it would have gone up that much. Especially compared to what English players will be going for.