Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Everyone knows that the main problem is the muppet manager we have.

If we added Remy, we'd have a very good first 11. The squad needs a bit of work but in reality if we had a half decent manager, we'd be 3/4 players away from a very good side.

That didn't happen by chance. That happened due to clever recruitment and unbelievably keeping the vast majority of our better players.

Everyone loves to say 'imagine what Laudrup/Martinez/anyone on the forum' could do with that squad. Correctly- but you struggle to have it both ways.

Swansea have bought a centre forward for 12 million quid while Norwich have spent 17 million on two. Meanwhile Newcastle United are proving their ambition by trying to knock a million off 7 for their main striking target. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Swansea have bought a centre forward for 12 million quid while Norwich have spent 17 million on two. Meanwhile Newcastle United are proving their ambition by trying to knock a million off 7 for their main striking target. :lol:

Says it all really.  No ambition, no transfers etc etc

Swansea and Norwich spent nothing in January or the summer before.

Norwich nearly relegated themselves by refusing to pay for Hooper and signing Kamara/Becchio instead.

Are you suggesting we pay more than we belief Gomis is worth just because they have spent some money?

Guest neesy111

Norwich nearly relegated themselves by refusing to pay for Hooper and signing Kamara/Becchio instead.

Are you suggesting we pay more than we belief Gomis is worth just because they have spent some money?

Jesus Wept.

We are comparing clubs with of the turnover as us here.  Think about it.

Everyone knows that the main problem is the muppet manager we have.

If we added Remy, we'd have a very good first 11. The squad needs a bit of work but in reality if we had a half decent manager, we'd be 3/4 players away from a very good side.

That didn't happen by chance. That happened due to clever recruitment and unbelievably keeping the vast majority of our better players.

Everyone loves to say 'imagine what Laudrup/Martinez/anyone on the forum' could do with that squad. Correctly- but you struggle to have it both ways.

no, no its not the clear problem is the senile halfwit who's working above him and will replace him if/when pardew gets sacked and if you think anybody else would take over your deluding yourself

Guest Haris Vuckic

If we got a decent manager we might even get into Europe or something.

Listen to yourself man, Norwich fucking City?!

Nearly every club in the Premier League has attempted to go mad with money this summer for one reason only: the massive television cash hike.

Apart from... guess who?

This is it exactly. The money is there but the willingness to invest and strengthen is not.

Southampton have just spent £12m to take Celtic's best midfielder away from them. West Ham have spent millions to secure Carroll permanently. Sunderland have rolled the dice a little but at least they're having a go. Yet we've done nothing to move the club forward. Relying on the 3 promoted teams and Stoke to be worse than us to avoid relegation. It's embarrassing. 

We are following a process that has helped us built a good squad.

The problem is that everyone has forgotten that because Pardew had a good squad perform like absolute muppets.

Using Swansea as an example- they sold Allen and Sinclair and made a profit last summer. Their back up full backs were a young Welsh lad who hadn't played a game and a Dutchman who they signed on a free. Their back up centre halves were Arsenals 10th choice centre half and Garry Monk. Luke Moore was their back up striker.

A good manager had them perform. If we added two strikers and ideally a left winger, we'd have a very good squad.

I've seen no evidence to suggest we aren't working on the strikers so I'm still relatively happy with our recruitment policy.

Happy with Pardew and Kinnear. God no....

The problem is that everyone has forgotten that because Pardew had a good squad perform like absolute muppets.

Using Swansea as an example- they sold Allen and Sinclair and made a profit last summer. Their back up full backs were a young Welsh lad who hasn't played a game and a Dutchman who they signed on a free. Their back ip centre halves were Arsenals 10th choice centre half and Garry Monk. Luke Moore was their back up striker.

A good manager had them perform. If we added two strikers and ideally a left winger, we'd have a very good squad.

I've seen no evidence to suggest we aren't working on the strikers so I'm still relatively happy with our recruitment policy.

the problem here is your unhappy with Kinnear but he's the guy in charge of the recruitment policy now and he's made it a lot worse

Using Swansea as an example- they sold Allen and Sinclair and made a profit last summer. Their back up full backs were a young Welsh lad who hadn't played a game and a Dutchman who they signed on a free. Their back up centre halves were Arsenals 10th choice centre half and Garry Monk. Luke Moore was their back up striker.

Excellent post.

I'm prepared to give Pardew one more chance, as I've said before, but I agree the recruitment policy in general is fairly sound.

Using Swansea as an example- they sold Allen and Sinclair and made a profit last summer. Their back up full backs were a young Welsh lad who hasn't played a game and a Dutchman who they signed on a free. Their back ip centre halves were Arsenals 10th choice centre half and Garry Monk. Luke Moore was their back up striker.

the problem here is your unhappy with Kinnear but he's the guy in charge of the recruitment policy now and he's made it a lot worse

I'm sure he hasn't helped much, but weirdly there's no evidence for what you said there.

The awful thing is that while Shola is scoring goals in pre-season, I honestly believe it means Ashley will be thinking it's not worth spending too much money on another striker.  After all, he gave us Gouffran in January so we should be grateful.

So you believe the Remy and Gomis moves are just fake?

The transfer policy has only paid off once (when we finished 5th) and even then we were short of what we needed. It's faulty and needed to be changed ages ago. Ironically this playing hard ball policy would be much more effective if the squad was kept well stocked with quality in all areas instead of when we desperately need players.

I'm sure he hasn't helped much, but weirdly there's no evidence for what you said there.

the fact we've signed no one with the season 3 weeks away when we had one deal all but done before the half wit arrived and said nah haven't heard of him isn't evidence?

:lol:

He's off again. Nurse!

Guest neesy111

The squads not good enough, no where near IMO looking at how other clubs have strengthened.

Pardew isn't our biggest problem here at the moment when he should be after his abysmal performance as manager last season.  We have a transfer policy / structure which time and time again doesn't fill what the team has needed for the last 5 seasons.

the fact we've signed no one with the season 3 weeks away when we had one deal all but done before the half wit arrived and said nah haven't heard of him isn't evidence?

:lol:

Apparently not.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The squads not good enough, no where near IMO looking at how other clubs have strengthened.

Pardew isn't our biggest problem here at the moment when he should be after his abysmal performance as manager last season.  We have a transfer policy / structure which time and time again doesn't fill what the team has needed for the last 5 seasons.

Spot on.

Guest neesy111

The awful thing is that while Shola is scoring goals in pre-season, I honestly believe it means Ashley will be thinking it's not worth spending too much money on another striker.  After all, he gave us Gouffran in January so we should be grateful.

So you believe the Remy and Gomis moves are just fake?

If we really wanted them, they'd be here by now.

We only want them if they provide fucking value for fucking money.