Why is Owen captain?

Guest toonlass

There is no one in the squad who stands out as captain material - only maybe Beye and Faye and they were both away when Keegan arrived.

It's a pretty arbitrary post anyway, let's face it.

Win coin toss - kick towards Leazes end in first half

Lose coin toss  - kick towards Leazes end in second half

This is gonna get raped as a comment, i know, but id of liked to of seen Barton become captain, id of used it as a challenge forhim, told him its his to lose and he needs to improve his on pitch and off field problems or thats it. I think deep down he likes the club and i have no doubt that on form he is a quality player.

It'd be a move similar to Hitzfeld and Effenberg although obviously Effenberg had outrageous talent. Barton could still be a very good player for us.

This is gonna get raped as a comment, i know, but id of liked to of seen Barton become captain, id of used it as a challenge forhim, told him its his to lose and he needs to improve his on pitch and off field problems or thats it. I think deep down he likes the club and i have no doubt that on form he is a quality player.

It'd be a move similar to Hitzfeld and Effenberg although obviously Effenberg had outrageous talent. Barton could still be a very good player for us.

Was he ever captain at Man City?

Either him or Dunne. I think it was him.

Either him or Dunne. I think it was him.

It certainly would have been a bold move to make him captain, but with his two court cases hanging over him I really don't think it would have been a good idea.

As has already been mentioned we don't really have anyone that stands out as captain material.

Forward player, biggest name at our club, maybe other players look up to him because of his reputation and for that reason KK sees him as captain? Im happy enough tbh, he might not bang them in for fun, but with service he would, either way, hes a top professional and one of our best players lets face it.