Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

Definite red for me like.

I don't think it was.

No way was it intentional man Wullie, the fat pig was just trying to control the ball, I'm amazed he can even lift his leg that high.

Yellow card for dangerous play, surely? When there's no intention there?

Guest maddog2

I don't think it was.

Boot to face - intentional or not is a red card.

Plus his studs caught Clichy's eye, I hope there is no lasting damage :(

Bloody f****** dumb idiot.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I don't think it was.

No way was it intentional man Wullie, the fat pig was just trying to control the ball, I'm amazed he can even lift his leg that high.

That's what I thought as well, although I'm not 100% sure of the rules on this one. You also can't help but wonder what would have happened if an Arsenal player had done that challenge. Red? Doubt it.

I don't think it was.

Did they fuck catch him in the eyes man. They replayed it about 5 times and he caught him around the ear if anywhere... I did worry that his ear had been torn off from one angle, as something flew off Mido's boot on contact...

I'll wait for PM's opinion, I suppose, but it was incredibly harsh against a player trying to control a ball to relieve some pressure on his amittedly cuntish team.

I don't think it was.

When is there ever intention? No-one has ever gone into a tackle in the box thinking "think I might as well give away a penalty here like". Even two footed tackles are usually an attempt to get the ball but they're dangerous and punished accordingly.

Intention should have nothing to do with the ref's decision. It's not like handball when sometimes it genuinely can't be helped.

I don't think it was.

Did they fuck catch him in the eyes man. They replayed it about 5 times and he caught him around the ear if anywhere... I did worry that his ear had been torn off from one angle, as something flew off Mido's boot on contact...

I'll wait for PM's opinion, I suppose, but it was incredibly harsh against a player trying to control a ball to relieve some pressure on his amittedly cuntish team.

Was that not the triggers for his detonator?

I don't think it was.

Was that not the triggers for his detonator?

Booooooooo!!!! (m)

Only joking folks!

Guest maddog2

I don't think it was.

That's what I thought as well, although I'm not 100% sure of the rules on this one. You also can't help but wonder what would have happened if an Arsenal player had done that challenge. Red? Doubt it.

Depends on which Arsenal player. Eboue would've got a red for sure.. in fact he need not have even made contact.

I guess Mido's reputation of being a twat didn't help either.

I don't think it was.

When is there ever intention? No-one has ever gone into a tackle in the box thinking "think I might as well give away a penalty here like". Even two footed tackles are usually an attempt to get the ball but they're dangerous and punished accordingly.

Intention should have nothing to do with the ref's decision. It's not like handball when sometimes it genuinely can't be helped.

How very contrary, it's mince pies like you who'll have this being a non-contact sport sooner rather than later.

A missing ear is a small price to pay for the money these lads get paid man, I want to see more blood and gore on the football pitch, not less!

From what I saw, Mido looked at nowt but the ball and was trying to bring it down on his boot. The height difference between the players comes into it, of course, and Clichy deserves credit for even putting his head up there with a rogue boot in his vicinity, but howay man, red card? First offence? On the pitch 9 minutes?

Insane decision.

Arsenal will finish behind Liverpool now.

Looks like they've finished their season while liverpool are coming into form.  :thup:

If I hadn't had a haunting gambling experience recently I would have banged some wedge on Man Utd to win the title after Eduardo's injury. It was nailed-on to be something very difficult for the Arsenal players to get over, and I've been saying since then that I can see them fading away come the end of the season due to their squad not being as strong as Man Utd's or Chelsea's.

Man Utd deserve the title, for me, best team I've seen at St. James' for a long, long time. That hurt me to type.

What were Boro actually like ?

Dogged.

Impressive description

He's right though. Often played with the entire team behind the ball, but did look menacing on the break with the pace of Tuncay, O'Neil, Aliadiere and Downing. Didn't really create much and kept Arsenal at arm's length for the most part.

Would have been proud to see us play like that, to be honest.

What were Boro actually like ?

Dogged.

Impressive description

He's right though. Often played with the entire team behind the ball, but did look menacing on the break with the pace of Tuncay, O'Neil, Aliadiere and Downing. Didn't really create much and kept Arsenal at arm's length for the most part.

Would have been proud to see us play like that, to be honest.

Sounds like the type of performance we can only dream of at the minute.

Fair play to them