Obafami Martins

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Knightrider

Clueless tbh.  :thup:

As ever you cannot argue points and resort to being the cock you have become of late when you can't win a debate or see that others can have a different opinion to your own and like to express that just as robustly as you like to express your own. tbh. :thup:

:lol:  What a prick.  I can't be arsed to respond to your long-winded cliche-ridden snoozefests, Captain Know-Nowt - I've already said my bit about Martins, I'm not about to go round the houses having to be bored to tears by you repeating the same shit you've already posted once which remains one long load of shit.  :thup:

Narked :lol:

Classic HTT.  Gets caught out talking cobblers and made to look a tit, then tries the "Oh this is bothering you SO much more than me line."  I think maybe you did go this weekend after all though - you always come over all Andy Gray on the odd occasion you've actually been to the match. :lol:

You are narked, why deny it :lol:

Why would I be narked at what a know-nowt joke you are? :lol:  Your posts read like footballers' post-match interviews, they're so bereft of intelligence and packed with overused Match of the Day cliches, and you always think you're the expert pundit when you finally bother your arse to go to a game. :lol:  At the end of the day, I think you're hilarious and I'm over the moon that you think I'm narked.

NARKED - FACT :lol:

Seriously Gemmill, your entire relation of posts in this thread are both classic Gemmill and ever so typical of you today in your new guise of forum cock. Maybe you can't see it, maybe it's not intentional, maybe you don't even care but this is how it goes.

You trawl a thread looking for an easy target, anything from one of HTT, Taylor27 or some other "cretin" will do. You then try to dismantle that person's harmless opinion with your own unique brand of "LOOK AT ME AREN'T I SO FUCKING FUNNY, he he" way of yours but in this case, you've attacked my opinion and I've stuck to it and challenged your own which you were unable to accept and agree to disagree with in again, your own unique brand of "HOW DARE HE, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT & FUCKING FUNNY WITH IT" way of yours. Instead you resort to cheap digs and childish jibes of "were you at the match"? "cliches" "clueless" "prick" etc. etc. and when I pointed out you're narked, you then try to spin it around as classic HTT or such bollocks.

You're predictable and the response quoted is typical of you these days.

I don't know, you post an opinion on a message board and some cock jumps all over it, kills the thread and then has the cheek to claim you're bereft of intelligence, calls you a prick, accuses you of not going to the match and has the audacity to claim he's not narked which he clearly is.

Anyway you play your childish games Gemmill, I'll agree to disagree with you regarding Martins' movement. I have to go now, I have work to do, and yes I do have a job you condescending nob.

PS Don't bother responding, you're not narked, we know and I think I know what your response will be anyway, you are <i>that</i> predictable  :thup:

That's right, I'm narked but you've written a full page in response.  Righto tithead. :lol:  Gutted that you've been exposed as a non-attending know-nowt tbh.  Going on Thursday?  Probably not like, it's on the telly.  :thup:

Nah, I'll be watching it at home.

Guest Knightrider

Both HTT and Gemm's ideas of lateral movement is twisting sharply and watching their stomachs follow seconds later tbh.

Ye big fat gimps  :lol:.

Gemmill is right about Martin's movement and T27 being a melon head.

HTT is right about Martin's in general. I'd like to think wrong about AJ too but i wanst there and the hardest thing to judge about a match on the TV is the movement of a striker.

Not that i give a shit either way about who is right i just want Martins to come good in the right circumstances for him as a player.

Andy Johnson is a good finisher in his own right but his all-round game is very average or limited in my opinion and he's not the type of player to pull his team out of the mire or get them points from desperate situations like a true top-class striker can or does (i.e. win the game by himself), as he proved against us at the weekend. A top striker would have had a field day against our backline. I thought his touch and movement was quite average to be honest, hard worker mind and he's a good team player but I prefer my strikers to have a bit of bounce about them, like Martins who I thought caused them a few problems despite never looking convincing or on top of his game. When he's gotten used to the league and our style of play, sorts out that control of his and relaxes more in front of goal I think he'll get goals. I like him. Not worth 10m like and he's not the man to get us 20-25 a season and I doubt he ever will be but he'll cause teams problems and provide us with an outlet while chipping in with a few himself.

The way I look at it is if an average player like Johnson can score goals in this league despite limited technical ability and moderate movement/positioning then there is no reason why Martins can't start producing similar results.

Here's hoping.

He looks like the type to get 10-12 goals a season, the way he snatched at a couple of chances on Sunday shows two things: obviously a lack of composure (doesn't have the deadly gift of an Owen or Van Horse), but it also reveals a desperation to do well as soon as possible and he is acutely aware that all eyes are on him. I would have absolutely no grumbles about him if we had spent say 5m on him and also bought another forward or defender.

Part of his problem is that we have spent nearly all out remaining money on him and this has increased the pressure on him, this isn't a good thing for a striker to feel every time he goes onto the pitch.

On the downside I said very early doors he will fail (ie not a 15-20 goal a season man) and I haven't seen anything to change that. I do hope he can prove me wrong.

Both HTT and Gemm's ideas of lateral movement is twisting sharply and watching their stomachs follow seconds later tbh.

HTT is right about Martin's in general. I'd like to think wrong about AJ too but i wanst there and the hardest thing to judge about a match on the TV is the movement of a striker.

Not that i give a shit either way about who is right i just want Martins to come good in the right circumstances for him as a player.

The way I look at it is if an average player like Johnson can score goals in this league despite limited technical ability and moderate movement/positioning then there is no reason why Martins can't start producing similar results.

Agreed. If Johnson can then so can Martins.

I think everyone is being really impatient. The situation is not ideal, he is being asked to take on responsibility, he is 21 years of age and has just moved via Milan to the north east of england, playing in a league COMPLETELY different to the one he came from.

HE NEEDS TIME!!

Now, i know Gemmill and me can talk from experience about working abroad, he went to San Fran for 3 years and am sure would be the first person to say, great thing to do but you need time to settle.

It took me 4 or 5 months after i moved out of the country for my professional standards to get back up to the level they were before i left and i have 10 years experience under my belt.

Guest Knightrider

I think everyone is being really impatient. The situation is not ideal, he is being asked to take on responsibility, he is 21 years of age and has just moved via Milan to the north east of england, playing in a league COMPLETELY different to the one he came from.

HE NEEDS TIME!!

Now, i know Gemmill and me can talk from experience about working abroad, he went to San Fran for 3 years and am sure would be the first person to say, great thing to do but you need time to settle.

It took me 4 or 5 months after i moved out of the country for my professional standards to get back up to the level they were before i left and i have 10 years experience under my belt.

Agreed and that's the mentality I was knocking in my first post on the subject. People will point to the games' rules being exactly the same over here as in Italy but players need time to adjust and there are a whole load of factors that will determine whether a player succeeds or not with talent alone not proving enough in this harsh and unforgiving league. Look at Shevchenko, a simply world-class player. Watching him he looks distinctly average and has struggled.

Even proven Premiership players can struggle when they join a new club, Bellamy being a case in point who has struggled since his switch from Blackburn, and we all know what a good player he is.

We also have to take Martins age into consideration here, 10m or no 10m no player is the finished article at that age.

Then why did we buy him as we already have a striker crisis?

If I go along with the time and age and new league criteria, then surely he is a striker you buy if you already have 2 or 3 strikers at the club who are slotted in? You know you can give him a year to bed in.

Glenda after all his farting around with Kuyt has bought the wrong striker surely?

Guest Knightrider

If I go along with the time and age and new league criteria, then surely he is a striker you buy if you already have 2 or 3 strikers at the club who are slotted in? You know you can give him a year to bed in.

Glenda after all his farting around with Kuyt has bought the wrong striker surely?

Because we were desperate.

Well it certainly went against his reportedly strict criteria. He didn't even scout the lad once in person to my knowledge, nevermind the numerous time he took over another foraign import namely Kuyt.

Nevertheless, I cannot see much point being overly critical, just as I cannot see much point in those who are being overly protective of the lad.

Well it certainly went against his reportedly strict criteria. He didn't even scout the lad once in person to my knowledge, nevermind the numerous time he took over another foraign import namely Kuyt.

Nevertheless, I cannot see much point being overly critical, just as I cannot see much point in those who are being overly protective of the lad.

My memory might be failing me, but didn't Roeder go to the Amsterdam Tournament, where Martins (by all accounts) was impressive? Of course, correct me if I'm wrong...

HE NEEDS TIME!!

But you could hold a pen still? You didn't forget how to write? Because MArtins has shown an inability ot even control a football. How is that the fault of him moving to a different league??

Clueless tbh.  :thup:

As ever you cannot argue points and resort to being the cock you have become of late when you can't win a debate or see that others can have a different opinion to your own and like to express that just as robustly as you like to express your own. tbh. :thup:

:lol:  What a prick.  I can't be arsed to respond to your long-winded cliche-ridden snoozefests, Captain Know-Nowt - I've already said my bit about Martins, I'm not about to go round the houses having to be bored to tears by you repeating the same shit you've already posted once which remains one long load of shit.  :thup:

Narked :lol:

Classic HTT.  Gets caught out talking cobblers and made to look a tit, then tries the "Oh this is bothering you SO much more than me line."   I think maybe you did go this weekend after all though - you always come over all Andy Gray on the odd occasion you've actually been to the match. :lol:

You are narked, why deny it :lol:

Why would I be narked at what a know-nowt joke you are? :lol:  Your posts read like footballers' post-match interviews, they're so bereft of intelligence and packed with overused Match of the Day cliches, and you always think you're the expert pundit when you finally bother your arse to go to a game. :lol:  At the end of the day, I think you're hilarious and I'm over the moon that you think I'm narked.

NARKED - FACT :lol:

Seriously Gemmill, your entire relation of posts in this thread are both classic Gemmill and ever so typical of you today in your new guise of forum cock. Maybe you can't see it, maybe it's not intentional, maybe you don't even care but this is how it goes.

You trawl a thread looking for an easy target, anything from one of HTT, Taylor27 or some other "cretin" will do. You then try to dismantle that person's harmless opinion with your own unique brand of "LOOK AT ME AREN'T I SO FUCKING FUNNY, he he" way of yours but in this case, you've attacked my opinion and I've stuck to it and challenged your own which you were unable to accept and agree to disagree with in again, your own unique brand of "HOW DARE HE, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT & FUCKING FUNNY WITH IT" way of yours. Instead you resort to cheap digs and childish jibes of "were you at the match"? "cliches" "clueless" "prick" etc. etc. and when I pointed out you're narked, you then try to spin it around as classic HTT or such bollocks.

You're predictable and the response quoted is typical of you these days.

I don't know, you post an opinion on a message board and some cock jumps all over it, kills the thread and then has the cheek to claim you're bereft of intelligence, calls you a prick, accuses you of not going to the match and has the audacity to claim he's not narked which he clearly is.

Anyway you play your childish games Gemmill, I'll agree to disagree with you regarding Martins' movement. I have to go now, I have work to do, and yes I do have a job you condescending nob.

PS Don't bother responding, you're not narked, we know and I think I know what your response will be anyway, you are <i>that</i> predictable  :thup:

That's right, I'm narked but you've written a full page in response.  Righto tithead. :lol:  Gutted that you've been exposed as a non-attending know-nowt tbh.  Going on Thursday?  Probably not like, it's on the telly.  :thup:

Nah, I'll be watching it at home.

Right, well when I get back from the match, I'll tell you all about Martins' movement off the ball.  I suggest you hold off on offering an opinion on this until I provide you with a valid one which you can then use as your own.  It'll save you getting things so horribly wrong again.  :cool:

He has good movement and it will only get better to the more he gets used to the EPL and whast a load of bollocks saying he cannot jump, for a little bloke he has a hell of a leap on him.

To get on his case this early is crazy by far more crazy the it was to give Luque stick.

Luque does very little when he plays but Martins fights for the cause, okay so he has missed a couple of good chances but at least he was in there to miss the chances!!

He is a clever bright little player with baags of pace and at the age of 21 he is only going to improve.  :thup:

I mean he must have a spring in his step to able to do this!!

http://www.fcintermilano.com/img/2003/img7/martins.jpg

Constructive criticism is not getting on his case.  Can't be arsed to get into a discussion on whether he does or doesn't have good movement  - instead I'll rely on what I've seen of him so far in black and white which suggests he needs to do a lot of work on his movement.

HE NEEDS TIME!!

But you could hold a pen still? You didn't forget how to write? Because MArtins has shown an inability ot even control a football. How is that the fault of him moving to a different league??

NM Dont you remember going back to school after the summer holidays and picking up a pen and thinking 'how weird does that feel?'  :lol:

Anyone else remember that?

Anyway that analogy doesnt work because he has shown enough control to set up a whole 3 points out of 7 for newcastle. Apparently thats 42% of our current points total.

His first touch looked good at West Ham - not so much in the next 2 games but you have to look at the quality of the ball being supplied to him too. Anyone who has played a bit knows that a ball played at pace at waist height is hard to control. The likes of Ramage sweeping long balls to him with his back to goal at Anfield is not the way to judge a player like Martins.

I agree its not there but my point still stands that him being under pressure and trying to settle into a new country as a young lad is going to affect his game a bit. First touch is the most important and most difficult part of a striker's game. Even Shearer used to lose control of a lot of balls played into him, generally because of the quality of the ball. We're all great with the ball at our feet in space (well i am anyway).

Taking a penalty in italy is like taking a penalty in england. Recieving a pass is not though - "You get less time on the ball in the premiership" will have been drilled into his skull since he arrived. Once he picks up the tempo of the english game and sorts out his movement then he will improve.

You must see the potential in him if he gets these things right?

Martins has for me not looked good enough and his movement for a so called 'fast' player has been average at best.  I find those that are going on about how good he has been so far the same folk that kept spouting 'Bramble for England' each year or 'Ameobi has potential' and 'Dyer is world class' - those tinted specs must be great!

Its not a sin to say it how it is and right now Martins is looking poor and struggling to adapt not only to the Premiership but also to our sh*t team - but to cut him some slack, I'm not sure Henry would have a great time with the way we are playing - f*cking long ball after another f*cking long ball!!!!! :wullie:

My main gripe is that we needed a player that can hit the ground running - such as Johnson who has proved a very good buy for Everton so far and I find criticism about Johnson from those who in the same breath praise Martins efforts so far quite incredible.  blueconfused.gif

I'm all for Martins long term and still don't think he was a bad buy, although I think he was overpriced and I think he is far from good enough as yet - our strike force looks wishy washy to say the least, particualry when we are relying on Ameobi as our main striker (a unfit one at that). 

Our situation required someone who as Roeder himself said it -"had premiership experience" and thus goes back to Roeder's total failure in the transfer market  :thdn: and also to the fact that we punt long ball after long ball up the park which is not conducive to good attacking football (jesus could our tactics be any more transparent in a game -punt to Ameobi/Sibeirski to knock down for Martins)

• 2 months later...