Would we be in the same situation had Allardyce still been here?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simple poll, seen it mentioned a few times over the last few weeks.

Would we be doing just as badly had Allardyce stayed? This is assuming he didn't buy anyone in January either.

No, not a chance, he would've defintly bought players in January, and at least the team will have a certin systam/style that they got used to, at least with him he has the guts to take out shit players when they mess up.

I was happy when we sacked him but we went and hired someone who's not really an improvment over him.

Nope, although this is more the fault of the timing of the sacking. We would have got a couple of players in in the window and be floating round 12th.

We would have picked up points at Boro/Bolton and a draw against Villa and Blackburn.

Before Allardyce was sacked i predicted that we would flirt with relegation. We had the easiest fixtures out of everyone in the first half of the season, and when i looked at the fixtures in the 2nd half i figured we would get around 42 points at most. We were always heading for a relegation battle.

Nope. We would have got a couple of players in in the window and be floating round 12th.

We would have picked up points at Boro/Bolton and a draw against Villa and Blackburn.

:lol:

Nope. We would have got a couple of players in in the window and be floating round 12th.

Great reply Wullie, good to see you countered my post with solid debate. Jesus wept.

Great reply Wullie, good to see you countered my post with solid debate. Jesus wept.

How can you offer solid debate to the idea of a point at Villa Park, given his shambolic away record up to then?

The man took us to Pride Park and we didn't have a shot.

Nope, although this is more the fault of the timing of the sacking. We would have got a couple of players in in the window and be floating round 12th.

:thup:

How can you offer solid debate to the idea of a point at Villa Park, given his shambolic away record up to then?

So what, one point difference? We still would have strengthened in the window, and be about 7 points up on where we are, putting us about 12th.

When he was sacked I laughed, when Keegan appointed I cried.

We missed the boat here lads.

So what, one point difference? We still would have strengthened in the window, and be about 7 points up on where we are, putting us about 12th.

Strengthened? He's signed some of the worst players seen at SJP in the Premiership era! Having signed Smith, I wouldn't have offered him a penny.

i don't think we'd be quite so bad tbh probably a couple of points better off, but even under allardyce we wouldn't be safe. we look a bit better in possession than we did under allardyce, but that hasn't turned itself into goals so the one advantage doesn't really count.

off the ball i think we look far worse now than we did a couple of months back, i also think confidence is much lower. i think allardyce would've bought a couple players too, had the board been prepared to back him, nothing major but even £5m-10m worth of talent would make a difference.

Strengthened? He's signed some of the worst players seen at SJP in the Premiership era! Having signed Smith, I wouldn't have offered him a penny.

Good to see Keegan did well with his penny too! Who knows who Sam had lined up, all I am saying is with the players playing in his system I think we would be a little better off.

We would have been worse off because I dont think we would have even got the couple of points that we have got under KK.

Would have averaged less than 1 chance per game given the opposition that Kevin has had

No, not a chance, he would've defintly bought players in January, and at least the team will have a certin systam/style that they got used to, at least with him he has the guts to take out s*** players when they mess up.

I was happy when we sacked him but we went and hired someone who's not really an improvment over him.

If Ashley didn't trust him to spend his money wisely then there was no way they could keep him here. 

Question for the people saying he would have strengthened in the transfer window.  How many of his 9 summer signings would you say have been a success?

If Ashley didn't trust him to spend his money wisely then there was no way they could keep him here. 

Question for the people saying he would have strengthened in the transfer window.  How many of his 9 summer signings would you say have been a success?

Hmm..

Habib is probably the only one I guess. Oh fuck it. Lets just blame everyone.

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even if he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Finally, someone without their head up Keegans arse!

Form the outside its different, my housemates all feel similar to the above (arsenal, Blackbuurn and Tramemre :lol: fans).

Nah.

However, even he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

Finally, someone without their head up Keegans arse!

Form the outside its different, my housemates all feel similar to the above (arsenal, Blackbuurn and Tramemre :lol: fans).

And they don't watch us, so what has they think got to do with anything? I've been at every home game, I was at Wigan and Fulham. I know exactly how shit we were under Allardyce. Don't really give a toss what casual outsiders think (no offence intended, 1878, or indeed you, SpinS. I'm not trying to play the soopafan card or anything.)