Owen fears England omission.

Guest toonlass

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7288794.stm

Word of advice, Michael son, at this moment in time, f*** the England squad, our premiership survival is infinitely more important than any England cap.

I am not his biggest fan but he had already talked loads about newcastle and saud this at the end and the media have picked this out

Guest toonlass

Word of advice, Michael son, at this moment in time, f*** the England squad, our premiership survival is infinitely more important than any England cap.

I am not his biggest fan but he had already talked loads about newcastle and saud this at the end and the media have picked this out

Indeed, but at the end of the day, he should have the balls to say to the press "At this moment in time I don't want to comment on England, and am concentrating on Newcastle."

He is our captain (Lord knows why) and should be completely focused on Newcastle's cause.

Guest toonlass

He was probably asked "Do you fear England ommission?"  And he probably rightly replied "yes"

Should have had the balls to say "No comment!"

He was probably asked "Do you fear England ommission?"  And he probably rightly replied "yes"

I don't see why he should.

Guest toonlass

Because he is our captain, because Newcastle should come first, because we all know that if we were (God forbid) relegated Owen would be the first one out of St James' Park in his helicopter without a backwards glance.

It would make me, as a supporter, feel like he actually gave a shit, rather than him just being here to pick up his nice fat paycheck at the end of each week.

Guest Phil K

Quite simple really! Score some goals ffs

Exactly - personally I couldn't give a flying fart if he slags team, city and fans off in the rags (they'd invent it if he didnt anyways - they've done it in the past) as long as he's SCORING

twaddle

Because he is our captain, because Newcastle should come first, because we all know that if we were (God forbid) relegated Owen would be the first one out of St James' Park in his helicopter without a backwards glance.

It would make me, as a supporter, feel like he actually gave a s***, rather than him just being here to pick up his nice fat paycheck at the end of each week.

But i don't see why what he said implies in anyway he doesn't give a damn about Newcastle.  I think people are desperate to extract that from anything he says.

It would make me, as a supporter, feel like he actually gave a s***, rather than him just being here to pick up his nice fat paycheck at the end of each week.

even if he says the right things you'd say "all talk,just words, he needs to do it on the pitch"

quite bitter about him aren't you ?

If you have seen the interview this has been taken from, it becomes immediately obvious that its an attempt at creating unrest by the press. In the interview he coems across very well, and meaning all the best for newcastle. I can see no reason why he should refrain from commenting on England. Its just the bloody media having yet another dig.

Guest MagicNumber9

Owen is past it, not good enough for us, and if I were Capello I wouldnt let the rat anywhere me squad.

If, as a lot of folk seem to think, Owen cares only about England then this is good news for us, surely? The only way he's going to get back in the England team is to play well for his club and score goals.

If, as a lot of folk seem to think, Owen cares only about England then this is good news for us, surely? The only way he's going to get back in the England team is to play well for his club and score goals.

Bang on Tony.  :pow:

Guest Thomo

I agree with Jamie, absolute load of rubbish, the actual full interview on BBC sport says Newcastle is his priority NOT England, shit stirrers again and once again Newcastle are an easy target, he says he his happy at Newcastle and settled, give the lad a bloody chance, he will get us out of this mess

In the same interview he said that he didn't think Newcastle were in a relegation battle..............

Is he on the same planet as the rest of us?  We are knacker deep in a relegation battle you fool!!