"stop writing shite on message boards" say .com

Happy Face

They were just in the right place at the right when the .com revolution took place, without that URL they would not have anywhere near the amount of hits they get today,

what a load of bollocks

they get as many hits because they have more info/news about the club than any other nufc fans site.

there opinions are just that, theres a lot they spout I dont agree with but its there site and I dont

see any problem with them voicing them.

Isn't that exactly what they are criticising other people for though?

Nufc.com said

Paying through the nose to sit (and stand) through a mind-bogglingly mediocre campaign doesn't leave one well-disposed to sympathising with the people appointed to carry your hopes and dreams, who week after week do a good impression of rubbing your face in the muck. And knowing that the rest of the league barring one team are utterly bloody ordinary just makes it worse.

Bobby may wail about bleeding black and white and pin on his toon army medals, but he was many, many miles away when we suffered in near-silence the tribulations of the Dalglish and Gullit eras. It's a mite unfair, but those on the field on Sunday bore the brunt of successive failed administrations and countless regrettable signings in recent decades.

Thanks for trying Bobby, but it's defeated you, like all the rest. We've cheered you, we've supported you and now we just plain don't believe you anymore. And neither do the players. We got close, we've almost failed. Again.

In their report on the wolves game under SBR.

They spent the remaining part of SBR' managership sniping at him and generally leading the cheerleading to get him out.

Nice one lads I hope your happy with the last 5 years but lay off the hypocrisy of other fans expressing their views eh?

POT KETTLE BLACK.

Shameful.

Which match is that from?  Reads like it's from the last game....when the season is over...when they still invite people to mull over the bones.  Isn't the widely held view that they were spot on too?  That Robson should have went at the end of that season, hanging on made things worse....and led us to rush Souness through the door.

It's not my view like, I think the couple of odd thousand that stayed to applaud that team were spot on and the majority who f***** off for an early pint should be ashamed of themselves.  But there's not many that agree as far as I can tell.

I think that was the problem at the time. The 'widely held view' was expressed then by those dickheads who fucked off early/booed because we had merely finished 5th. :idiot2:

.com we far from shy in expressing their opinions on SBR at the time but now its time for everyone else on the net to STFU.  :nope:

Nufc.com said

Paying through the nose to sit (and stand) through a mind-bogglingly mediocre campaign doesn't leave one well-disposed to sympathising with the people appointed to carry your hopes and dreams, who week after week do a good impression of rubbing your face in the muck. And knowing that the rest of the league barring one team are utterly bloody ordinary just makes it worse.

Bobby may wail about bleeding black and white and pin on his toon army medals, but he was many, many miles away when we suffered in near-silence the tribulations of the Dalglish and Gullit eras. It's a mite unfair, but those on the field on Sunday bore the brunt of successive failed administrations and countless regrettable signings in recent decades.

Thanks for trying Bobby, but it's defeated you, like all the rest. We've cheered you, we've supported you and now we just plain don't believe you anymore. And neither do the players. We got close, we've almost failed. Again.

They spent the remaining part of SBR' managership sniping at him and generally leading the cheerleading to get him out.

Nice one lads I hope your happy with the last 5 years but lay off the hypocrisy of other fans expressing their views eh?

POT KETTLE BLACK.

precisley.

Also appear to be others who wouldn't know true mediocrity if it hit them on the head with a baseball bat. Such is the clubs raised expecations thanks to the era of the Halls and Shepherd, but I'll leave it to people like mick to dispute that the club isn't massively bigger and has been massively more successful than the club they found.

Isn't this relegation struggle great

precisley.

Also appear to be others who wouldn't know true mediocrity if it hit them on the head with a baseball bat. Such is the clubs raised expecations thanks to the era of the Halls and Shepherd, but I'll leave it to people like mick to dispute that the club isn't massively bigger and has been massively more successful than the club they found.

Isn't this relegation struggle great

bluelaugh.gif

You redefine boring, are you practicing for the 2012 Olympics in case it's introduced as a sport?  If they introduce it you'll take the gold medal with ease, your dedication to remaining at the top should be inspirational to younger bores who are yet to make the grade, you're head and shoulders above the opposition.

Guest sittingontheball

Far too many ads on .com now for my liking.

As for the title, the problem is not whether anything OTT is written on a message board. Its whether the press pick up on it and resell it as representative of fans' opinion. In which case, the editorial policy is the problem.  The press could print all manner of shite as public opinion if they talk to only the local pub bore. For some of the papers even, I wouldn't put it past them to print "FANS WANT KEEGAN OUT" based on 606 messages they've written themselves just to stir things up.

Nufc.com said

POT KETTLE BLACK.

Shameful.

Which match is that from?  Reads like it's from the last game....when the season is over...when they still invite people to mull over the bones.  Isn't the widely held view that they were spot on too?  That Robson should have went at the end of that season, hanging on made things worse....and led us to rush Souness through the door.

It's not my view like, I think the couple of odd thousand that stayed to applaud that team were spot on and the majority who f***** off for an early pint should be ashamed of themselves.  But there's not many that agree as far as I can tell.

I think that was the problem at the time. The 'widely held view' was expressed then by those dickheads who fucked off early/booed because we had merely finished 5th. :idiot2:

.com we far from shy in expressing their opinions on SBR at the time but now its time for everyone else on the net to STFU.  :nope:

It was Alf Ramsey who said that managers get too much of the credit and too much of the blame. There were things going on during Sir Bob's final season which undermined his position.

We've spent the last few seasons trying to get out of the tailspin that we created that year. This is the closest yet we've come to crashing and there's no sign of any upward climb yet.

Eeee, I love the sound of a good metaphor in the morning.

From .com:

It remains to be seen whether Taylor has done enough to warrant inclusion in Fabio Capello's senior squad, with the England boss present at St.Andrews on Monday evening.

Are they on glue?

From .com:

It remains to be seen whether Taylor has done enough to warrant inclusion in Fabio Capello's senior squad, with the England boss present at St.Andrews on Monday evening.

Are they on glue?

A little pot shot aimed at the man who's father compares him to John Terry when banging on about a new contract to Alan Oliver in The Chronicle.

From .com:

Are they on glue?

In the context of him being omitted from the under 21 squad of which he's been a member consistently, isn't it a question worth being posed?

Having communicated with Biffa and Niall on this subject, it might be worth mentioning that Biffa was NOT referring to Newcastle-Online in the article. He does not read the forum; and it was a reference to non-NUFC-specific messageboards such as BBC's 606 board.

In his exact words:

I stand by the original comment but didn't actually direct it to the newcastle online board - quite simply I don't look at it.

At the time of penning the piece, I was particularly annoyed by the BBC 606 board, which seems to be an epicentre of idiocy for all clubs - and annoyingly has extracts posted on the bbc football page, which is where i first saw the brainless crap being written about us.

When he refers to people posting shite, he means "shite" -- not "criticism." Can't exactly say that I don't agree with him.