"stop writing shite on message boards" say .com

Happy Face

if negative stuff (regardless of being at the game or not) is getting broadcast about on the radio/tv it's going to make it much easier for the media etc...to build up the crisis talk

writing on message boards is unlikely to contribute to that anywhere near as much, is what i was saying

I reckon hacks scour boards like this for a whiff of discontentment then make up "club source" stories that cater to them.

maybe so...i'd personally argue people calling national football phone ins and voicing discontent would spread a negative view of the club far easier

that's all i'm saying

I guess that's why they had a pop at those too.

repeats self - at the start i said i could see the picking at phone ins but not so much message boards, my opinion

you read any of their match reports recently?  very subjective and negative as the defeats mount...as one of the most well known fan sites about they're hardly helping are they if websites have such an effect?

There's very little in the match reports I find to disagree with.

The shite ratio with this place must be 99:1

They've never liked this place tbh.

Really? Why is that?

I just don't understand it. I mean, surely we're all following the same cause?

Well before forums became popular, it was very much a case of 'their way or the highway' when it came to independent internet coverage of events at SJP.

This place isn't independent though is it?

Mort has N-O in his pocket blowing cool air over his ball sack.

Really? Why is that?

Well before forums became popular, it was very much a case of 'their way or the highway' when it came to independent internet coverage of events at SJP.

I'm surprised NE5 hasn't been banned then.

if negative stuff (regardless of being at the game or not) is getting broadcast about on the radio/tv it's going to make it much easier for the media etc...to build up the crisis talk

writing on message boards is unlikely to contribute to that anywhere near as much, is what i was saying

I reckon hacks scour boards like this for a whiff of discontentment then make up "club source" stories that cater to them.

maybe so...i'd personally argue people calling national football phone ins and voicing discontent would spread a negative view of the club far easier

that's all i'm saying

I guess that's why they had a pop at those too.

repeats self - at the start i said i could see the picking at phone ins but not so much message boards, my opinion

you read any of their match reports recently?  very subjective and negative as the defeats mount...as one of the most well known fan sites about they're hardly helping are they if websites have such an effect?

There's very little in the match reports I find to disagree with.

The s**** ratio with this place must be 99:1

i didn't say there was anything to disagree with did i? 

i'm paraphrasing here 'cause i can't be arsed to look them up but phrases such as "continued our seemingly unstoppable slide into oblivion" are subjective, not objective reporting on the matches

if they're calling for bunker mentalities and to drop the negativity then maybe they should start at home

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/indigonufc/batphone.gif

Seriously though, it's a bit hypocritical for them to have a whole website dedicated to giving their opinion on NUFC and then say that other people should keep theirs to themselves, don't you think?

A lot of people talk a lot of bollocks when it comes to nufc, but unfortunately they're entitled to their opinion.

nufc.com sometimes seem to get a bit too big for their boots and instead of arguing their point, simply resort to telling people what to think and expecting them to accept that unquestioningly, due to who they are, rather than what they've got to say.

I think .com are always very careful to only give their opinion of games and performances in them.  They never comment on managerial, board or training choices, at least not until the club has moved on from them.

Hedging their bets in other words.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/indigonufc/batphone.gif

Seriously though, it's a bit hypocritical for them to have a whole website dedicated to giving their opinion on NUFC and then say that other people should keep theirs to themselves, don't you think?

A lot of people talk a lot of bollocks when it comes to nufc, but unfortunately they're entitled to their opinion.

nufc.com sometimes seem to get a bit too big for their boots and instead of arguing their point, simply resort to telling people what to think and expecting them to accept that unquestioningly, due to who they are, rather than what they've got to say.

agreed. Hugely pompous is what I'd say. And I fail to see what anything written on any website can influence any match either.

Really? Why is that?

I'm fairly sure I'm going to get whooshed here, but what the hell is that meant to mean?

Really? Why is that?

I'm fairly sure I'm going to get whooshed here, but what the hell is that meant to mean?

Doesn't this place decide how many away tickets we get and meet with Mort's lobbyists for booze ups?

Really? Why is that?

Doesn't this place decide how many away tickets we get and meet with Mort's lobbyists for booze ups?

You mean just like many other nufc-related fanzines and websites, including nufc.com?

Really? Why is that?

I think he's saying that he reckons the Board have an influence over the editorial policy of this website. I'm unsure about the whooshedness of that statement myself though.

Really? Why is that?

The forum is one of several places canvassed for opinions on ticket allocations. Some members have met Mort, but not representing the website as such.

Even so, I don't see how that means we are not independent. In fact considering I paid for the entire fucking hosting myself this year I find that suggestion pretty offensive.

Really? Why is that?

Bored at work by any chance are we? Isn't that the opposite to what you were initially suggesting anyway, i.e. that Mort influences this place?

Really? Why is that?

I think he's saying that he reckons the Board have an influence over the editorial policy of this website. I'm unsure about the whooshedness of that statement myself though.

wow, i'm intruiged by this, i really really am...how can i make that sound not sarcastic? 

the strength of happy face's comment tells me he knows something mind blowing

Really? Why is that?

The forum is one of several places canvassed for opinions on ticket allocations. Some members have met Mort, but not representing the website as such.

Even so, I don't see how that means we are not independent. In fact considering I paid for the entire fucking hosting myself this year I find that suggestion pretty offensive.

Was clearly more of a joke than an accusation.  There's hardly been a positive Rant/Opinion on the front page since Mort arrived.

Really? Why is that?

Bored at work by any chance are we? Isn't that the opposite to what you were initially suggesting anyway, i.e. that Mort influences this place?

I really should get some work done.

I just missed the  O0 off tbh.

That would be the ongoing problem of people saying they'll do stuff and then not having time to do stuff. That's life, I'm afraid.

There's hardly been any front-page articles of any nature for ages because people have stopped writing them.

Really? Why is that?

I really should get some work done.

I just missed the  O0 off tbh.

I can spot that in others too. Funny that.

Really? Why is that?

wow, i'm intruiged by this, i really really am...how can i make that sound not sarcastic? 

the strength of happy face's comment tells me he knows something mind blowing

It's all common knowledge. Mort contacted every single major Newcastle website or fanzine, and met with representatives from all, including us, .com, True Faith over tea and biscuits, listened to some comments on general operational questions such as questions about the Box Office, ticket allocations, and then took email addresses so that club representatives can ask questions as and when they have them. They've contacted us twice since to ask about ticket allocations away at Chelsea and Brum. Nothing sinister.

That would be the ongoing problem of people saying they'll do stuff and then not having time to do stuff. That's life, I'm afraid.

There's hardly been any front-page articles of any nature for ages because people have stopped writing them.

I've done at least one positive one recently that still languishes in the writers room unused and now out of date.