"stop writing shite on message boards" say .com

Happy Face

That would be the ongoing problem of people saying they'll do stuff and then not having time to do stuff. That's life, I'm afraid.

There's hardly been any front-page articles of any nature for ages because people have stopped writing them.

I've done at least one positive one recently that still languishes in the writers room unused and now out of date. 

I know the feeling. I share your pain. We're too good for them HF. Fuck them.

That would be the ongoing problem of people saying they'll do stuff and then not having time to do stuff. That's life, I'm afraid.

There's hardly been any front-page articles of any nature for ages because people have stopped writing them.

I've done at least one positive one recently that still languishes in the writers room unused and now out of date. 

Was it about how great Milner is? They don't like that round here......

Did he say it was a comedy piece like?

They've never liked this place tbh.

Really? Why is that?

I just don't understand it. I mean, surely we're all following the same cause?

Well before forums became popular, it was very much a case of 'their way or the highway' when it came to independent internet coverage of events at SJP.

This place isn't independent though is it?

Mort has N-O in his pocket blowing cool air over his ball sack.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to get whooshed here, but what the hell is that meant to mean?

I think he's saying that he reckons the Board have an influence over the editorial policy of this website. I'm unsure about the whooshedness of that statement myself though.

wow, i'm intruiged by this, i really really am...how can i make that sound not sarcastic? 

the strength of happy face's comment tells me he knows something mind blowing

It's all common knowledge. Mort contacted every single major Newcastle website or fanzine, and met with representatives from all, including us, .com, True Faith over tea and biscuits, listened to some comments on general operational questions such as questions about the Box Office, ticket allocations, and then took email addresses so that club representatives can ask questions as and when they have them. They've contacted us twice since to ask about ticket allocations away at Chelsea and Brum. Nothing sinister.

ah righto, live out the uk now so although i hear the "mort builds bridges with fans" stuff i kinda stupidly took it be him wandering down northumberland st and asking the first person in a toon shirt what they think!

I know the feeling. I share your pain. We're too good for them HF. Fuck them.

:lol:

Did he say it was a comedy piece like?

:weep:

Well then you should direct your anger towards those that administer the main site and the upping of articles. I don't get involved in that I'm afraid.

I'm not particularly angry about it.  Just explaining how I had to be joking.

In no way do I think this site helps the club or the owners.  O0

Well then you should direct your anger towards those that administer the main site and the upping of articles. I don't get involved in that I'm afraid.

You make Dave Sad Face. Bitch.

Who are you like?  The one he sang Nothing Compares 2 U for?

O0

Who are you like?  The one he sang Nothing Compares 2 U for?

O0

Get some work done. I won't tell you again.

My lads have written a fair few stories over the last few months iirc.

There isn't that much to really get the R&O (my section) teeth into atm and I don't really want to get into premature doom and gloom scenarios.

Don't give a fuck what .com say, do or think tbh.

Its meant to be kind of like a rallying call to get people fully aware of the situation and to get them to matches, for fucks sake.

Trust the board to nitpick it to death and rip it to shreds. If you read it correctly, it says to stop spouting about the game if you've haven't been to it, obviously if you've been spout all you like. Its their opinion and its intended to gain a positive reaction from their sizeable readership.

Its meant to be kind of like a rallying call to get people fully aware of the situation and to get them to matches, for fucks sake.

Trust the board to nitpick it to death and rip it to shreds. If you read it correctly, it says to stop spouting about the game if you've been to, obviously if you've been spout all you like. Its their opinion and its intended to gain a positive reaction from their sizeable readership.

People can come on here and spout what the fuck they like as far as I'm concerned.

Trust the board to nitpick it to death and rip it to shreds. If you read it correctly, it says to stop spouting about the game if you've been to, obviously if you've been spout all you like. Its their opinion and its intended to gain a positive reaction from their sizeable readership.

Que?

People can come on here and spout what the fuck they like as far as I'm concerned.

Well of course they can, do you really think .com are some kind of parental guardian who can tell them what to do. Their article is light hearted but trust some of the folks on here to take it far too seriously and get their whinge on at any opportunity.

...and SSR, aye, bit of typo from me  :blush:

Well of course they can, do you really think .com are some kind of parental guardian who can tell them what to do. Their article is light hearted but trust some of the folks on here to take it far too seriously and get their whinge on at any opportunity.

Maybe we're being light-hearted and you're taking it too seriously.  ;D

Dear Sir, I wish to complain about the people complaining about the other people complaining.

To be fair, I think they're appealing for people to go to the games rather than telling us to shut up.

They are. Any need for the sly digs and the sanctimony though? From them, that is ;)

To be fair, I think they're appealing for people to go to the games rather than telling us to shut up.

They are. Any need for the sly digs and the sanctimony though? From them, that is ;)

I think deep down they feel threatened by anyone under 30 daring to take interest in their club.