Magpies linked with Marcelino

Guest johnson293

I don't know about this guy but I've had the feeling since KK returned that it was a temporary job until the summer.  It aint based on any facts or evidence just my own gut feel the way KK has been since he came back - it has a really temporary feeling about it.

I don't know about this guy but I've had the feeling since KK returned that it was a temporary job until the summer.  It aint based on any facts or evidence just my own gut feel the way KK has been since he came back - it has a really temporary feeling about it.

I've had that feeling too. Maybe the stories about him "moving upstairs" isnt totally wrong, maybe Ashley convinced him to come and offered to help him with his circus or something like that. I would actually want that, Keegan onboard but maybe not as a manager. Please dont shoot me now..

I've had that feeling too. Maybe the stories about him "moving upstairs" isnt totally wrong, maybe Ashley convinced him to come and offered to help him with his circus or something like that. I would actually want that, Keegan onboard but maybe not as a manager. Please dont shoot me now..

SHHHHEEEEAAAAARRRREEEERRRR

;)

(:()

Nah ... couldn't see it.

No room upstairs anyway.

Nah ... couldn't see it.

No room upstairs anyway.

And a guy who's supposed to be a temporary solution won't be given a 3 years contract with a huge salary! Just too hard(or expensive) to get rid of him when needed...

Nah ... couldn't see it.

No room upstairs anyway.

And a guy who's supposed to be a temporary solution won't be given a 3 years contract with a huge salary! Just too hard(or expensive) to get rid of him when needed...

If he's still in the club, i.e moving upstairs, he would just keep his salary, wouldn't he?

Gulliem Balague reckoned that we were definitely looking for a new manger for next season, he went on to say Marcelino was someone we were looking at.

Where did he say this?

I read somewhere that he claimed that we had approached 5 managers at this point, with 2 being Spanish.. Hmm.

Gulliem Balague reckoned that we were definitely looking for a new manger for next season, he went on to say Marcelino was someone we were looking at.

Where did he say this?

I read somewhere that he claimed that we had approached 5 managers at this point, with 2 being Spanish.. Hmm.

He does fabricate a lot of stuff, it was on Revista De La Liga, he has a few rumours every week.

Where did he say this?

Aye i heard that probably rubbish but wouldnt be suprised

Guest fraser

El último equipo que ha contactado con el agente del entrenador asturiano ha sido el Newcastle.

Translation: The latest team that has contacted the asturianse coach's AGENT was Newcastle'.

Imo the agent is bidding his contract up and nothing more. The quotation above is taken from the article in Marca. The translation is accurate.

Rafael Benitez has appointed his compatriot and former United central defender Marcelino as Liverpool’s Spanish scout.

TODAYs CHRON

Watch him have an accident with a game of darts. Twice.

• 3 months later...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/06/22/did-toon-approach-marcelino-79310-21130526/

SPANISH coach Marcelino — strongly linked with Newcastle — has revealed that he turned down an approach from an English club before joining Real Zaragoza.

Having left Racing Santander last month, Marcelino agreed to take over at Zaragoza . . . but only, he claims, after rejecting overtures from England for personal reasons.

“The English option was interesting, but family issues meant that it was not the right moment to go,” said Marcelino, pictured right.

The Spaniard is said to have been sounded out by third parties about the possibility of succeeding Kevin Keegan at St James’s Park.

“My son begins studying this September for the Bachillerato (Spain’s equivalent of A-levels) and so it would not be good to leave Spain now.

“But I am convinced that similar options will arrive in the future, and I want to perfect my English.”

Jesus you people aren't half fickle. Give Keegan a bloody chance. He's not even doing that bad yet. Infact, he is doing well! Love the guy.

And before you say 'yeah they are only looking into it incase he starts doing badly' it's not very fair to publicise it.

Guest Anth.Nufc

The other Marcelino as in ex toon player now is a scout for liverpool  mackems.gif

Marcelino Elena Sierra (born 26 September 1971 in Asturias) is a former Spanish professional football player who played as a defender, and currently works as a Scout for Liverpool.

Marcelino began his career at Sporting de Gijón, before earning a move to RCD Mallorca in 1995. In 1999, he transferred to Newcastle United for £5 million after impressing with Mallorca in Spain and Europe, and was seen as a good stable defender.

A lot was expected of Marcelino at Newcastle, however the fans were not happy with his performances and he appeared only 19 times for the club in 3 years before he was released in 2002. Marcelino suffered several different injuries during his time at Newcastle which stuttered his career there. A broken finger kept him out for 2 years, clearly nonsense. This was seen by the Newcastle fans as a joke and a poor excuse not to play and shy away from responsibility.

The other Marcelino as in ex toon player now is a scout for liverpool  mackems.gif

Marcelino Elena Sierra (born 26 September 1971 in Asturias) is a former Spanish professional football player who played as a defender, and currently works as a Scout for Liverpool.

Marcelino began his career at Sporting de Gijón, before earning a move to RCD Mallorca in 1995. In 1999, he transferred to Newcastle United for £5 million after impressing with Mallorca in Spain and Europe, and was seen as a good stable defender.

A lot was expected of Marcelino at Newcastle, however the fans were not happy with his performances and he appeared only 19 times for the club in 3 years before he was released in 2002. Marcelino suffered several different injuries during his time at Newcastle which stuttered his career there. A broken finger kept him out for 2 years, clearly nonsense. This was seen by the Newcastle fans as a joke and a poor excuse not to play and shy away from responsibility.

I like how "the fans" get the blame.

Hope he's as crap at scouting as he was at defending.

he didnt have particularly bad games tbh, the fker  just was `injured` too much. We`ve had much worse defenders

he didnt have particularly bad games tbh, the fker  just was `injured` too much. We`ve had much worse defenders

Fair point. I wonder if his scouting suffers as much when he's broken a fingernail.