Butterflies

Guest toonlass

So nervous i would be alittle more comfortable if i knew he would play the right team

I think we'll find out tonight about a lot of our team, whoever is picked. We have a team full of internationals, but my biggest worry is whether they will be able to perform for 90 mins. One good half just isn't going to be enough, I hope they realise that.

So nervous i would be alittle more comfortable if i knew he would play the right team

I think we'll find out tonight about a lot of our team, whoever is picked. We have a team full of internationals, but my biggest worry is whether they will be able to perform for 90 mins. One good half just isn't going to be enough, I hope they realise that.

I think we'll find out more about Keegan tonight, than what we will about the team. He has some huge decisions to make tonight, let's hope he gets through.

I think we'll find out more about Keegan tonight, than what we will about the team. He has some huge decisions to make tonight, let's hope he gets through.

Will be interesting to see if Keegan makes the right changes during the game as well as the starting line up.

Guest sphererer

share a lot of your thoughts down here about the butterflies gathering in me stomach in the morning..

Over here in Singapore, lots of wor lads are pretty geared up for this game...all preparing to get up in the wee hours of 4am to watch this must-win relegation 6-pointer..

No mistake, it's a 6-pointer and we cannot afford to lose this game.

Draw MIGHT seem like a victory, and I only say might as it's in the hope of setting us up perfectly for Fulham at SJP next week.

Whatever it is, Brums have a potential match-winner in the form of James McFadden so don't write him off yet.

Though we do have Oba Martins at our disposal too, I sure hope Keegan plays him man...

COME ON NEWCASTLE

HOWAY THE LADS!

Viduka has an excellent record against Birmingham. Scored 3 in the last two matches against them for us.

also, were Talkshyte right that you've sent 1000 tickets back? Not like you, even for a TV game.

Guest Nufc4Life

Not to bothered about tonight as results went for us over the weekend. Like you say next week is the bigger of the two games.

What a ridiculous statement to make.

I admit defeat tonight won;t see us condemmed to relegation, but if confidence is low now (which it is) should we suffer a loss here, to a team thats below us, confidence would be shattered even more.

And it'd mean 13 games without a win, and facing a Fulham side at SJP who have just beaten 5th placed Everton.

A win however will give us that bit of confidence, that in theory should follow into the Fulham game.

Make no mistake, we HAVE to be ''bothered'' about this game, it's huge.

Can you imagine Keegan strolling into the dressing room ''It's alright lads, results when our way this weekend, so we dont need to be bothered about tonight, next weeks the big one lads, don't worry''

Personally I think Martins bought his right to start with that audacious shot against Liverpool, and his overall threat worried them more in the twenty minutes than they had been all game previously. Be gobsmacked if Keegan doesn't start him.

Personally I think Martins bought his right to start with that audacious shot against Liverpool, and his overall threat worried them more in the twenty minutes than they had been all game previously. Be gobsmacked if Keegan doesn't start him.

Got a feeling that Viduka, Owen and Martins will all start.

Three up top, and come out flying.  :pow:

Yeah ive been dreading today a friend from down south asked on friday if i was looking forward to tonight and i said that i was trying to to think about it so my weekend wouldnt be ruined.....hope we win, if we dont ill really begin to have fear for our top flight status....but be positive as they say im going for a 3-1 win Owen (2) Duff (1)

COME ON THE LADS !!!!! TOON ARMY !!!!!

Its absolutely shite that we should be feeling like this today. We have no right to expect to be competing for trophies and any club in theory can get dragged into a relegation scrap but with the resources at the clubs disposal, its a shambles that they find themselves in this situation. They should all hang their heads in shame.

I just hope the players are feeling similar nerves and fully appreciate what is at stake tonight.

Guest Brazilianbob

Keegan will play safe and will rely on the experienced players who have so far let us down massively.

He will replace Milner with Smith alongside Butt, Barton and Duff.  He will then play Owen and Vuduka up top and we will be losing 3-1 by halftime, Butt or Smith will get sent off and we will end up losing 5-1.

Guest shearer_206

I'm bricking it ahead of tonight.... In work at the minute, shirt on, trying to look and sound confident!

I'm not...!

I would snatch anyone's hand off if they offered me a draw now, which is pathetic as when the teams are announced, on paper, we should be winning this game!

Its absolutely s**** that we should be feeling like this today. We have no right to expect to be competing for trophies and any club in theory can get dragged into a relegation scrap but with the resources at the clubs disposal, its a shambles that they find themselves in this situation. They should all hang their heads in shame.

I just hope the players are feeling similar nerves and fully appreciate what is at stake tonight.

What ever resources we had were pissed and sqaundered away by the previous regime.

Its absolutely s**** that we should be feeling like this today. We have no right to expect to be competing for trophies and any club in theory can get dragged into a relegation scrap but with the resources at the clubs disposal, its a shambles that they find themselves in this situation. They should all hang their heads in shame.

What ever resources we had were pissed and sqaundered away by the previous regime.

ssshhhhhhhh, not today

Got asked by my mate who's a Brum fan if i wanted to go to the match with him and sit in the Home end. Not fucking likely!

I'm playing 5-a-side instead and i'll find out the result when i get in the car afterwards. Twitchy ping-tastic!

I want to see what this team of Keegan's is really made of, one way or the other. Was the performance against Blackburn a flash in the pan, or can we actually stand up and give a good account of ourselves against beatable opposition on a consistant basis?

And Birmingham, make no mistake about it, are eminently beatable opposition. If we roll over and die weakly against a team like them, then there's not a whole lot to be said for us quite frankly.

It's a massive game. A win and I'd say we'll end up safe. A gutless loss and then I see nothing to suggest we can flick a switch and somehow win our 3 easier home games.