Man City bid for Henry.

Optimistic Nut

Fair point, bit of a FS type signing to be honest, theres no chance that he'd come to england again in my opinion. Im surpised he's struggled to adapt to the Spanish game so much.

aye, Geremi's much better like

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

lets at least compare a forward with a forward........lets say albert luque or patrick kluivert or andreas andersson.

Ok then Mark Viduka, "good business"

i'll see your mark viduka and raise you a paul kitson

you'd dismiss Thierry Henry as a "FS type Signing".

Priceless

no i wouldn't.

you're lying

priceless.

:)

Fair point, bit of a FS type signing to be honest, theres no chance that he'd come to england again in my opinion. Im surpised he's struggled to adapt to the Spanish game so much.

lets at least compare a forward with a forward........lets say albert luque or patrick kluivert or andreas andersson.

Wasn't Viduka signed when Shepherd was still in charge? ;)

if this is true.................

not sure, but irrelevant.

The point is that a world class footballer is being dismissed as a "FS type signing"

Scraping the depths, I couldn't think of a funnier comment if I tried.

As Keegan says he'd like him, does this mean he wouldn't be an Ashley trophy signing

Fantastic.

'Nuff said. I won't labour the point.

The point is that a world class footballer is being dismissed as a "FS type signing"

As Keegan says he'd like him, does this mean he wouldn't be an Ashley trophy signing

Fantastic.

and you'll make out that all fat freds signings were world class....they werent. at the time we were in the shit and robson came in what did we get...?  kevin gallagher.

no doubt NE5 was screaming at the board for being shite then aswell

Fantastic.

and you'll make out that all fat freds signings were world class....they werent. at the time we were in the shit and robson came in what did we get...?  kevin gallagher.

thats not the point at all, which you know very well.

Thierry Henry = Shepherd trophy signing or Ashley/Keegan quality signing. Seeing as it seems it has to be spelled out for you.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

Fantastic.

Thierry Henry = Shepherd trophy signing or Ashley/Keegan quality signing. Seeing as it seems it has to be spelled out for you.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

You using signing Viduka as a stick to beat the new board with.

Priceless

Fantastic.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

You using signing Viduka as a stick to beat the new board with.

Priceless

I'm not, but that comment you replied to there wasn't about Viduka was it ?

Fantastic.

and you'll make out that all fat freds signings were world class....they werent. at the time we were in the s*** and robson came in what did we get...?  kevin gallagher.

no doubt NE5 was screaming at the board for being s**** then aswell

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

where do i mention trophy signings or even give my opinion of wether i think he'd be a good signing or not ?

not priceless...actually quite pitiful

Fantastic.

and you'll make out that all fat freds signings were world class....they werent. at the time we were in the s*** and robson came in what did we get...?  kevin gallagher.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

where do i mention trophy signings or even give my opinion of wether i think he'd be a good signing or not ?

I intended to make the point then leave this, but you keep avoiding the point either deliberately or because you can't see the blatantly obvious.

It was for fredbob anyway, as he clearly insinuated that Thierry Henry is a "typical FS trophy signing" [words to that effect], I've stated my point quite clearly, either address it as it is or decline but don't bother clipping the post and referring to something else.

:smitten: Thierry!

I cant see him playing in england ever again.

After his rigmorol with his Child maybe he will do a Beckham?

Would love him to go maybe Villareal? Sevilla?

Somewhere he could still play week in, week out at the highest level!

:smitten: Thierry!

I cant see him playing in england ever again.

After his rigmorol with his Child maybe he will do a Beckham?

Would love him to go maybe Villareal? Sevilla?

Somewhere he could still play week in, week out at the highest level!

If Shearer were to have gone away and then signed for Man City... i'd have been distraught. Just the idea of my hero playing again for someone other than Newcastle would be rotten. Nobby going to Wet Spam was bad enough. Wouldn't you feel the same way if Henry were to return to England with someone else?

Fantastic.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

I intended to make the point then leave this, but you keep avoiding the point either deliberately or because you can't see the blatantly obvious.

It was for fredbob anyway, as he clearly insinuated that Thierry Henry is a "typical FS trophy signing" [words to that effect], I've stated my point quite clearly, either address it as it is or decline but don't bother clipping the post and referring to something else.

Wow, that got out of hand pretty quickly,seems strange that you'd retort with a comment as faecicious as that,  especially as i said in my previous post "i have him here in a flash".

Didnt say it would be a bad signing at all, but again not the type of signing we should be making, as his heart wouldnt be in it and he'd be on silly wages, have a big transfer fee and signing on fee and on the way down career wise.

Just said that it was a FS type signing because despite all this he'd still be signed which in my opinion is th wrong thing to do, though having said that you wouldnt see me complaining for obvious reasons.

If you dont understand or accept my opinion then ignore it.   :pow:

I agree with NE5 that it's ridiculous to describe Henry as an "FS type signing".

Shepherd was way too ham-fisted an operator to attract a player that good.

Michael Owen?

Bear in mind we signed Owen pre-injury, when he was still a really top class striker.

People have a go at NE5 for turning threads into long, cyclical Shepherd guff-fests, and rightfully so because he does. But honestly, what the fuck do people expect with people making posts like this?

Fantastic.

Utterly priceless.

Thank you and Goodnight.

Wow, that got out of hand pretty quickly,seems strange that you'd retort with a comment as faecicious as that,  especially as i said in my previous post "i have him here in a flash".

Didnt say it would be a bad signing at all, but again not the type of signing we should be making, as his heart wouldnt be in it and he'd be on silly wages, have a big transfer fee and signing on fee and on the way down career wise.

Just said that it was a FS type signing because despite all this he'd still be signed which in my opinion is th wrong thing to do, though having said that you wouldnt see me complaining for obvious reasons.

If you dont understand or accept my opinion then ignore it.   :pow:

you're getting there fredbob. I didn't understand or accept your opinion in December when you were adamant that the club didn't need to waste money in the January transfer window, then for some reason completely changed your mind when the club changed managers.

I suspect that if we sign Thierry Henry then you would do an equally dramatic u-turn but that is just opinion. Hopefully we will, by the way, and so far as I am concerned whether the chairman/ owner is Ashley, Mort, Shepherd or even the bloke who plays his mouth organ outside Fenwicks I don't give a toss, its a quality player and I would trust the people at the club to have evaluated that, and congratulate them on showing ambition for the club.

The whole phrase "FS signing" says everything I'm afraid, there was absolutely no reason to say it at all, unless you have a strange agenda that maybe you could explain. That is the point of my post. I fail to see why you think signing such players is bad for the club and "not the sort of signing we should be making" when the clubs current transfer policy has us knocking on the relegation trapdoor.

Guest toonlass

I agree with NE5 that it's ridiculous to describe Henry as an "FS type signing".

Michael Owen?

Bear in mind we signed Owen pre-injury, when he was still a really top class striker.

People have a go at NE5 for turning threads into long, cyclical Shepherd guff-fests, and rightfully so because he does. But honestly, what the fuck do people expect with people making posts like this?

About 2 minutes pre-injury.

Anyway, I would have Henry at Newcastle in a flash, but why the heck would he want to come here?

Michael Owen?

Exactly. I wait with baited breath for Ozzie the mackem WUM to be on the receiving end of whining and moaning, grief,  and other such things for ruining threads with agenda driven pointless comments.

Sadly, as it it seems only posts that are anti-Shepherd or pro-Ashley, are acceptable and therefore OK

I know that some people have realised that things previously weren't so bad after all, its a pity that others aren't big enough to admit the same.

The sooner we attempt to buy top quality footballers, like we did under the old board, instead of all this "good business" bollocks, and accept that they will make mistakes like everyone else does, the better.

If it happens. Time will tell.

Good night.

Michael Owen?

Anyway, I would have Henry at Newcastle in a flash, but why the heck would he want to come here?

Why not ?

A challenge perhaps ?

Keegan came to Newcastle as a player for a challenge, and believe me, it was a damn sight bigger challenge than the one facing a player like him now [unless we go down]

Making stuff up again.

making what up exactly ?

Shak has called it correctly Dave and you know he has.

If you mean when Keegan came as a player, as opposed to Henry, I can assure you that what I say is true, and you are in no position to dispute it either.

Michael Owen?

At one time he would have come here just for the honour of playing for Fat Fred, but of course that golden age is now history.