Who HAS TO go?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Emre. Constantly picking up injuries. Never ever plays well away from home and only rarely plays well at home.

A total Emperor's New Clothes of a player.

Owen. He's not the worst player by any means, but he's far more limited than his reputation would suggest. He seems to have an undroppable status which inhibits our thinking and planning. Trading him in would feel like a fresh start.

Guest Hellhammer

Owen. He's not the worst player by any means, but he's far more limited than his reputation would suggest. He seems to have an undroppable status which inhibits our thinking and planning. Trading him in would feel like a fresh start.

Agree 100%, nice to see more people agree on us selling him would be a good thing.

Wouldn't be sad to see Owen go... but if that's your criteria, how on earth can you pick Owen over the likes of Smith/Butt? ???

Guest toonlass

West Ham want Newcastle full-back Stephen Carr, who will be a free agent in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

:celb:

By the way, are we West Ham's feeder club?

West Ham want Newcastle full-back Stephen Carr, who will be a free agent in the summer. (Daily Mirror)

:celb:

By the way, are we West Ham's feeder club?

West Ham are now Newcastle reserves  :celb:

Bowyer, Dyer, Bellamy, Parker, Solano (although I've nothing against Nobby  :smitten:)

And landslides ahead of us in the PL. :undecided:

Not sure how. In the summer, West Ham seemed willing to wave ridiculous amounts of money at any player that might score a goal for them one day.

Not sure how. In the summer, West Ham seemed willing to wave ridiculous amounts of money at any player that might score a goal for them one day.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not they're ahead of us, their transfer policy has been pretty naff.

They've spent a lot of money on a lot of players, who are generally nowt more than mid-table/maybe top 8. I can't really think of any of their signings, since their recent influx of imports, that i can look on and say "Christ, that was a quality signing for them." Only Nobby really.

Yeah, regardless of whether or not they're ahead of us, their transfer policy has been pretty naff.

They've spent a lot of money on a lot of players, who are generally nowt more than mid-table/maybe top 8. I can't really think of any of their signings, since their recent influx of imports, that i can look on and say "Christ, that was a quality signing for them." Only Nobby really.

Faubert seemed like a good buy to me, but he's been on the treatment table a lot, along with half the rest of their squad.

Guest Rob X

So much dead wood in there that it's virtually impossible to make a choice.

I was torn between ameobi who is total waste of space and should have been gone years ago, emre because we can still get some cash from the the turks who actually think he's a good player and geremi because it pisses me off seeing him waste every dead ball situation.

If keegan revamps the squad and replaces them all it wouldn't bother me as there's nobody I desperately want for next season.

Wouldn't be sad to see Owen go... but if that's your criteria, how on earth can you pick Owen over the likes of Smith/Butt? ???

I think there's a pressure to pick Owen that doesn't exist with any of the other players. If he was an automatic choice on merit, or if he was the sort of player that suits our situation, then fine, but I don't think he is.

I also feel that Owen's an old-fashioned 4-4-2 man, and if he's picked, that limits our options. I know Keegan tried him out in a 4-3-3 on Monday, but I'm not convinced that's the best way forward.

The failure to solve the Owen conundrum was a big factor in Allardyce's downfall, and IMO Keegan is struggling with it as well.

Viduka can hold the ball up for Owen or Martins to run onto. It will work, given a few games. Trust me.  :thup:  :pow:

this season Owen seems to have accepted he is not the sort of player to "run onto" passes or knock-downs anymore as his body is not what it was. he might get one or two a season this way but even then it is likely to be when opposition defences get caught out playing the offside trap as i can't think of many premiership centre-halves Owen could outpace and/or outmuscle over 30 yards.

when he started off in his career the space he exploited was in behind the opposition defence and he did this using his pace. now that he doesn't have this the space he works in is inbetween midfield and defence. the question is, does he have the strength, control, vision and creativity to effectively work in this congested area?

while he is a 'tidy' player he doesn't exactly have amazing skill or vision, nor the physical attributes to bully players.

also, can he perform that role while still being able to fulfil his traditional role of goal-poacher? so far this season his goals have been scraps, from set-pieces when the physical aspect is removed and anticipation and movement becomes more important, or being the first to react from parried shots. remains to be seen, while people have trumpeted the fact he's scored 3 goals in the last 6 games, it is also 3 goals from the last 15 games.

saying that there are far more worthy candidates in our squad for players who deserve to be shipped out. the likes of smith, carr, barton etc have done less for us while we also need to set about replacing the likes of Rozehnal, Butt, Emre, Viduka, Given and Milner before we start on the other positions. i'd be against selling Owen currently, as despite his fitness troubles, the squad doesn't have many goals in it and there is no guarantee we'd spend the money on a good replacement. only if we bring in other players first would i consider it. Owen and Martins competing for the striker role alongside a bigger more classy centre-forward sounds good to me.

Guest JamesyJazz

Those of you wanting to sell Owen ahead of the likes of Carr,Ramage n Ameobi really should think again.