injuries

ChrisJbarnes

under roeder, injuries were a nightmare. i remember watching chelsea newcastle at stamford bridge, and the starting 11 was something along the lines of:

given

solano taylor huntington ramage

milner butt pattison nzogbia

martins sibierski

and it got worse apparently. yet under big sam, we had viertually none. now i hear emre and milner are both our for 3 weeks. seems prozone or whatever is the obvious answer, anyone got any other ideas

under roeder, injuries were a nightmare. i remember watching chelsea newcastle at stamford bridge, and the starting 11 was something along the lines of:

given

martins sibierski

and it got worse apparently. yet under big sam, we had viertually none. now i hear emre and milner are both our for 3 weeks. seems prozone or whatever is the obvious answer, anyone got any other ideas

Bollocks.

Had 12 injuries in November and December for a start.

Probably something to do with the fact that once the season started, Allardyce apparently did no high-intensity training, and by the time Keegan took over, half our players were knackered by half time due to lack of regular conditioning.

Less high intensity training = less injuries in general.

We sold most of the sick notes. Dyer,baba,luque etc

That's the answer.

If you have a team of injury-prone players, chances are you're going to go through an injury-crisis

Agreed. Also throw in the fact that we have played fuck all games this season compared to recent seasons (no European games and early exits in the cups). When you're playing two games a week all season, you're bound to pick up more injuries.

Guest Stephen927

We've got rid of sicknotes like Dyer, Babayaro etc, our training sessions appear to be more professionally run than just Lee Clark and Terry MacDermott organising them.

Plus players like Michael Owen appear to have put their injuries behind them (touch wood).

given

martins sibierski

Bollocks.

really? like who? i remember having 15 players out all at once at one point under roeder

given

martins sibierski

Bollocks.

really? like who? i remember having 15 players out all at once at one point under roeder

Without thinking too hard about it, Owen, Duff, Given and Ameobi were all injured a lot during Alladyce's time.

given

martins sibierski

Bollocks.

Without thinking too hard about it, Owen, Duff, Given and Ameobi were all injured a lot during Alladyce's time.

Weren't Owen Duff & Shola all injured from the previous manager though?

Guest JamesD

cacapa out for 5 weeks now. interesting this all starts when big sam leaves?

Because some old guy picks up a groin injury. Not interesting in the slightest.

Fans upbeat, atmosphere better, more efforts on goal, Owen scoring, Martins looking up for it, Viduka fit again... interesting it all starts when Big Sam leaves.

Fans upbeat, atmosphere better, more efforts on goal, Owen scoring, Martins looking up for it, Viduka fit again... interesting it all starts when Big Sam leaves.

well yes, id happily cripple cacapa in exchange for more goals, thats a given.

given

martins sibierski

Bollocks.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/16/newcastle_united_injuries.html

given

martins sibierski

Bollocks.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/clubs/16/newcastle_united_injuries.html

Well that ends that thread then.