Keegan will have £100M to spend

thedudeabides

Having the money and getting players to come here after how far we've fallen over the past few seasons are two different things.

Don't think thats ever been a problem really. We attracted the likes of Martins from Inter Milan and Owen from Real Madrid when we were shit mid-table teams. Money talks these days really tbh.

Having the money and getting players to come here after how far we've fallen over the past few seasons are two different things.

Don't think thats ever been a problem really. We attracted the likes of Martins from Inter Milan and Owen from Real Madrid when we were shit mid-table teams. Money talks these days really tbh.

Owen is different because we had him over a barrel at the time, either sign for us and help cement your place in the England team or stay at Madrid as 5th choice striker.

We had qualified for the Uefa cup when we signed Martins.

What happened to the story from the Keegan phone-in that said Beardsley was working at Middlesbrough?

I can't imagine Mike Ashley walking up to Beardsley and saying "Peter, I can't keep this to myself any longer and I must confide in someone. I'm going to give Kevin £100m to spend in the Summer."

What happened to the story from the Keegan phone-in that said Beardsley was working at Middlesbrough?

I can't imagine Mike Ashley walking up to Beardsley and saying "Peter, I can't keep this to myself any longer and I most confide in someone. I'm going to give Kevin £100m to spend in the Summer."

Why not? ;)

Guest Toepoke

You could have 100 million and spend it on shite though, Keegan has to buy wisely not just big. I mean just look at the mackems they spent 25 million and look how bad their team is. We really only need a few top drawer signings to make us a good team.

CM and CBx2 absolutely crucial, maybe another striker that would be a direct replacement for viduka can't count it as a priority though.

I can't imagine Mike Ashley walking up to Beardsley and saying "Peter, I can't keep this to myself any longer and I most confide in someone. I'm going to give Kevin £100m to spend in the Summer."

Aye that's what I was thinking.

He'll also have some extra money to spend after selling Smith and Carr... I hope.

An extra quid will make no difference.

Nah, I'm sure West Ham will take them for more than they're worth.

Aye that's what I was thinking.

I'm sure Ashley told Keegan how much he had to spend when he took the job, I think it's also believable that Keegan would have told some of his coaching staff what was going on and how much he has available, the likes of Terry Mac are still close to Beardsley so it's not as if he isn't well connected within the club, that's without mentioning him having a private box at the ground and him doing publicity work for the club.