For Those Who

Tooj

Guest BooBoo

Left in disgust in injury time for that dreadful Sheff Utd game but other than that i always stick it out to the bitter (literally yesterday) end.

I presume a fair number of people leaving the game early may be doing so because they've got long journeys home to ensure and want to get out of town before the post-match traffic snarls up. Well, maybe some of them. Others will just be fairweather fans - and we know what we think of them, don't we?

There were seven of us in two cars travelling back 200 miles to the midlands. You dont get home until 9 or 10pm anyway so why rush out before the end. Your mad if you dont stay and see it all.

I couldnt believe the ten minutes before half time exodus myself, There must be some right alchies among us if they have to miss crucial parts of the game to squeeze ahead for the half time pint.

Doug.

Guest BooBoo

I presume a fair number of people leaving the game early may be doing so because they've got long journeys home to ensure and want to get out of town before the post-match traffic snarls up. Well, maybe some of them. Others will just be fairweather fans - and we know what we think of them, don't we?

There were seven of us in two cars travelling back 200 miles to the midlands. You dont get home until 9 or 10pm anyway so why rush out before the end. Your mad if you dont stay and see it all.

I couldnt believe the ten minutes before half time exodus myself, There must be some right alchies among us if they have to miss crucial parts of the game to squeeze ahead for the half time pint.

Doug.

The half time pie and pint brigade are even more annoying than the early leavers imo.

Doug.

The half time pie and pint brigade are even more annoying than the early leavers imo.

Even more annoying when they bring their Balti Pasty back to their seat and proceed to consume it in front of you...eh, GeJon? :dave:

IIRC Bobby had a right go at the leaving fans after that Everton match. Think he did the same when we beat Blackburn 5-1 and Bellamy, Jenas, Viana and Dyer took the piss and scored 3 in the last 5. Might have been one game or the other though I think it was both.

I've only left early once, when Birmingham scored their fourth in the FA Cup last season.

Are you on about the time he was talking to Sky or some other TV channel and he thought it was off the record and it was seen by everybody going out of the ground?  :lol:

Nah, different occasion.

On the subject of applauding at the end.

I was at the Birmingham game on Monday and when the team came over to the fans at the end of the game, several jobsworth stewards moved towards them and stopped them coming over to the away fans.

Hats off to Habib Beye who eyeballed the ones who tried to stop him and who brushed past them anyway to get to us and show his respect. Class player and guy.

Guest Phil K

Jonny man, calm your passions  :lol:

So I'm guessing you left then John? ;)

I see his point - having this kind of dig at fellow fans is beyond ridiculous.

So you didnt have to leave (if you were there in the first place of course) whoop-de-doo.

Many DO - meeting family, girlfriend or whatever. Personally, I agree with Dave - I've waited long enough, I'd have wanted another goal.

Who cares, if people want to leave thats their business.

Preciseley - but some need to moan about poor performances (me) others need to moan about fellow fans not being up to THEIR standard (quite a few on here....) :rolleyes:

What with arriving 5 minutes after kick off, nipping down for a pint 5 minutes before half time and necking my pint to get back 5 minutes after the restart there's no way I'm going to leave 5 minutes before the final whistle too, i'd almost be missing a quarter of the game ffs.

I'd rather people left with minutes to go at 2-0 up than when we're 1-0 down.  That's when we should really be supporting the team to the final whistle.

Guest Phil K

There's no way that many people have somewhere important to be at 5pm on a Saturday like.

For you maybe - but how can you know others arrangements ?

There's no way that many people have somewhere important to be at 5pm on a Saturday like.

For you maybe - but how can you know others arrangements ?

The same way you know what Terry Mac does?

Just imagine you went cinema, and some cunt sat next to you decides that he has to go for a hotdog three times during it, and five minutes before the climax of the film, he decides he's seen enough. But as he stands up, something exciting happens in the film, so he walks at a snails pace, gawping at the screen whilst obscuring the view of the people who aren't incontinent or have some blood-sugar problem where they can't stop filling their face for an hour and a half?

Just imagine you went cinema, and some cunt sat next to you decides that he has to go for a hotdog three times during it, and five minutes before the climax of the film, he decides he's seen enough. But as he stands up, something exciting happens in the film, so he walks at a snails pace, gawping at the screen whilst obscuring the view of the people who aren't incontinent or have some blood-sugar problem where they can't stop filling their face for an hour and a half?

:D

Bloke next to me shouted "fuck off Keegan" when he took Martins off and left on 77 minutes, with the score at 1-0.

Fantastic support.

Sadly I have absolutely problem believing you. I wish these 'fans' would fuck off.

Said he's not renewing on his way out as well like, so you may be in luck.

Thought the booing of the Martins substitution was a fucking disgrace yesterday as well, and I loved how Keegan was vindicated with our second goal.

Could have gone the other way like, obviously, but that's what managing is all about.

some people dont have a clue. ive not once left a match early in my life, and if i had, i would have missed martins 93rd minute consolation and bartons penalty in the last 2 fulham away games. im guessing its more of a novelty for me though as its only about 6 games a season if im lucky.