For Those Who

Tooj

Some bloke, who was sitting in a seat which doesnt have a season ticket holder, decided to have an argument over Martins with a lad who sits near me and has for as long as I have been going. He started saying he had been going for 40 years etc and then left after the 2nd goal.

Guest Spark

I remember saying this to my brother. We need to savour moments like that. Absolute bliss at 2-0 with a couple of minutes to go, man.

The funniest early leave I've ever seen was Everton a few years ago. I don't get to that many home games, and we were losing 1-0, and playing poorly. With about ten minutes to go the father/son combo to the right of me left. Just gave me more space to dance in when Shearer scored the best goal I've ever seen :D

The funniest early leave I've ever seen was Everton a few years ago. I don't get to that many home games, and we were losing 1-0, and playing poorly. With about ten minutes to go the father/son combo to the right of me left. Just gave me more space to dance in when Shearer scored the best goal I've ever seen :D

;D

I bet they are absolutely gutted every time they see that goal... which they will do for many years to come

;D

I bet they are absolutely gutted every time they see that goal... which they will do for many years to come

As mental as I went about that goal, when we squeezed one in two minutes later to win the game was probably a better moment... still buzzing from that and then the realisation that we'd somehow stolen 3 points when we didn't really even deserve one.

;D

As mental as I went about that goal, when we squeezed one in two minutes later to win the game was probably a better moment... still buzzing from that and then the realisation that we'd somehow stolen 3 points when we didn't really even deserve one.

There are probably dozens of examples of why not to leave early but I think you have just described as good as one as possible there.

My brother and dad left early once. They missed Dyer and Bowyer's fight. They were absolutely gutted when they found out.

IIRC Bobby had a right go at the leaving fans after that Everton match. Think he did the same when we beat Blackburn 5-1 and Bellamy, Jenas, Viana and Dyer took the piss and scored 3 in the last 5. Might have been one game or the other though I think it was both.

I've only left early once, when Birmingham scored their fourth in the FA Cup last season.

IIRC Bobby had a right go at the leaving fans after that Everton match. Think he did the same when we beat Blackburn 5-1 and Bellamy, Jenas, Viana and Dyer took the piss and scored 3 in the last 5. Might have been one game or the other though I think it was both.

I've only left early once, when Birmingham scored their fourth in the FA Cup last season.

Are you on about the time he was talking to Sky or some other TV channel and he thought it was off the record and it was seen by everybody going out of the ground?   :lol:

First time I've stayed till the final whistle since Keegan has been in charge (been to 4 games).

Wow, good for you. Bet it stuck in your throat like.

I presume a fair number of people leaving the game early may be doing so because they've got long journeys home to ensure and want to get out of town before the post-match traffic snarls up. Well, maybe some of them. Others will just be fairweather fans - and we know what we think of them, don't we?

Only time i've left early is WBA in the cup a few years ago. We gambled on it not going to extra time as the car park we were using closed at 10pm so if we'd stayed the full 120 minutes we'd have been walking home!

I presume a fair number of people leaving the game early may be doing so because they've got long journeys home to ensure and want to get out of town before the post-match traffic snarls up. Well, maybe some of them. Others will just be fairweather fans - and we know what we think of them, don't we?

Wonder which category Beyewatch falls into? ;)

Wonder which category Beyewatch falls into? ;)

I've no idea. At least he actually goes to games. Unlike some...:blush:

I have never left early. Even when man u stuck 6 past us at home, getting beat 4-1 off fulham etc etc. And I certainly would not leave when we were winning our first game in 4 months. What a total joke. People should not bother turning up if ya gonna fuck off 10 - 15 mins before the end