Old Shola thread. Please ignore.

lovejoy

I think he'll score shit loads in Divison 1 tbh. He's scored a fair few at Premier League level and of course in the Champions League. If the likes of Chopra, Rasiak, Kamara and Earnshaw can score boat loads in Div1 then Shola is on to a winner. 

Good on him, i didn't mind him and i hope he does well, but i wish he'd gone somewhere else.

1. Stoke are fucking minging

2. The fans will rip the shit out of him more than we ever did if he bombs

3. They're probably off up, so...

1 - He'll end up failing again

2 - He'll end up third choice again

3 - He'll probably score against us.

Good signing for them i suppose, Shola's a bit of a conundrum, has played football domestically at the highset level but is difficult to call him a Premiership player. I'm not sure he'll do any good there to be honest, the service wont be half as good as it was under the SBR years and he hardly prospered then.

Having said that he didnt do to badly When Roeder got us playing like a Championship team so who knows.

Kind of sad to see a local player go but glad his talent has finally been recoginised.

Guest fraser

I like him and I'm glad that someone has been strong enough to tell him how many beans make five so that he can go and make a good career playing football at a far, far higher level than all who post here are capable of.

Best of luck to him.

Guest neesy111

Doesn't anyone remember these comments (I'm the man to to follow shearer) and his best (I will score 20 goals in a season) ffs not good enough end off

just glad it's taken our 5th manager under him to realise how fucking shit he is and how inury prone he is

At one stage i thought he'd retire as a one-club player, for us unfortunately. Pieces just kept falling into place for him in recent times ie. Souness' mismanagement of the striking force - thanks to some much debated about input from the useless Scottish b****** himself - and of course the long-term injury suffered by Owen. Circumstances continued to allow Ameobi to float around the starting eleven for a few years.

Ameobi's most notable contribution, and it's what i'll always remember him most for: Unfortunately that was his *alleged double against Sunderland. One could make a strong argument that his goal bound efforts that day kept the useless Scottish b****** in the job.

*if one doesn't discount Caldwell's involvement  ;)

Guest icemanblue

Good riddance to a big pile of steaming donkey shit.

Here's hoping for another "cruel injury blow" for a post-NUFC player....once some stupid cunts are mental enough to sign him permanently, of course.

With every post of yours I read, I am more and more convinced you're not actually a real human being.  More likely the personification of every negative thought each of us has had at one time or another.

Here's hoping for another "cruel injury blow" for a post-NUFC player....once some stupid cunts are mental enough to sign him permanently, of course.

Nice.

Good luck to him, he gets a bit of a rough ride on here, he obviously isn't great, and isn't of the required standard if we want to be pushing into the top of the Premiership, but fair play to Shola, he loves the club, and there are a few players I would rather see heading out of the door before him.

Guest marky555

Best of luck to him. He'll score goals at that level no bother, likes of Chopra and Earnshaw n that who cannot cut it in the Prem score plenty in the Champ so can't see Shola doing anything different.

Pity it didnt work out for him with us like but I wish him all the best

Shola: Move "Music To My Ears"

SHOLA Ameobi says the call from Stoke City was "music to his ears" after a frustrating season on the fringes at Newcastle United.

The striker – who had made just two appearances under Kevin Keegan, who last week told him he had to work harder to force his way into his plans – yesterday joined the promotion-chasing Championship club on an deadline day emergency loan until the end of the season.

And his long St James's Park career – which has spanned eight seasons since his memorable debut against Chelsea in September 2000 – appears all but over, with Ameobi having dropped well down the pecking order this term under Sam Allardyce and now Keegan.

But for the moment, all the 26-year-old – who has scored 46 goals for Newcastle – is focused on his helping Stoke into the Premier League for the first time.

Ameobi said: "I've come here to give my all. I hope I've come here to add that extra quality to ensure this club goes into the Premiership next season.

"First and foremost, I've come to score goals.

"Hopefully, I can grab one or two and also bring in some of the play I know I can produce to help us reach that target of Premiership football.

"I hope to get a few goals, a few assists and just work hard for the team, which I know the manager wants from all his players.

"To be given the opportunity by the manager to come and play was music to my ears.

"I'm just excited, and hopefully I can come and help

the club get into the Premiership."

The Potters are understood to have paid a six-figure fee to take the former England Under-21 international on loan.

He has gone straight into Tony Pulis's squad for tomorrow's game against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, and Ameobi is determined to make the most of his chance at the Britannia Stadium.

He added: "Football's what matters to me, and I've been given the opportunity to get out of a club when I'm not playing.

"I'm delighted to be here, regardless of whether it's the Premiership or Championship.

"I know a few of the guys here, like Griff (Andy Griffin), and I heard it's a great club.

I've been trying to get out and get a few games, so I was delighted when I got the phone call."

Ameobi has another year left on his United contract, and should Stoke gain promotion, then Pulis may attempt to make the move permanent.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/nufc/Shola-Why-I-had-to.3924423.jp

Dear me.  :nope: