Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

BBC giving us loads of credit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7309369.stm

Unsurprisingly the game was open from the start, but when the first chance came, on only five minutes, it was not to one of the plethora of forwards on show, but to midfielder Beye.

Erm...

Spurs were now in the ascendancy, with Robbie Keane, Dimitar Berbatov and Bent causing Newcastle plenty of problems.

Eh? No they weren't.

It took midfielder Butt to drag his side back into the match, when he swung his boot optimistically at the ball and his shot surprised everyone by finding the bottom left corner of the goal.

Oh, it wasn't a precise finish then? Dragged us into the match? f*** off.

On the balance of play, Newcastle would have been very happy to have gone into half-time on level terms.

No idea what to say to this. It's simply a lie.

Then on 52 minutes, Newcastle stunned their hosts when they took the lead through a Geremi free-kick that left keeper Paul Robinson rooted to the spot.

Stunned? Not really, we battered them second half.

Fucking BBC nothing but a bunch of cunts.

I didn't even celebrate Butt or Geremi's, preferring some hyperventilation, so convinced was I that we would contrive to throw it away. I was up and off round the room when Owen scored though.

I've not celebrated a goal like I did the 4th since I don't know when, maybe not since Bellamy's late winner in Holland. Such a good feeling right now, and so pleased for Oba. I had lost my passion for the game with Allardyce in charge, I was even feeling guilty getting my two young girls into it, today is the first time they have seen what football can do to me. Only one man could have brought about such a change in a football club. God bless King Kev!

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. When Sam was in charge, I became almost indifferent at the end. But finally, the passion and love for the club is back and I am absolutely thrilled today. Nice to see the players so happy and passionate too.

I didn't even celebrate Butt or Geremi's, preferring some hyperventilation, so convinced was I that we would contrive to throw it away. I was up and off round the room when Owen scored though.

The 3rd and 4th goals were met with a high-pitched girly giggle here.

i cant believe how good we were, not just attack, but defensivley aswell

I disagree. There is still a lot of work left to do defendsively. The goal we let in was horrible defending. We gave the Spurs player too much time on the ball and we were clearly ball watching. He had all the time in the world to plan his cross and they scored.

A better team like Man Ure would have built on that and could have possibly won the game.

to be fair i didnt see the first 20 mins, the pub i go to's channel was delayed, so i missed their goal, but i think from what i saw we delt with everything really well

Cannot wait for the 4:30 replay.

You're in for a treat. Even ignoring the obvious goals and result, we put together some lovely passing moves. At one point a stat flashed up that we'd had about 15 goal attempts to Spurs' 6. And I think that was at 3-1.

Butt, Barton and Geremi were just excellent. No reason to change that front six for the rest of the season, injuries permitting.

Cannot wait for the games versus Reading and Sunderland now.

Guest Guinness

Get in! What a result, beating Spurs is always good, but to do it so comprehensively in their own back yard is top class!

You're in for a treat. Even ignoring the obvious goals and result, we put together some lovely passing moves. At one point a stat flashed up that we'd had about 15 goal attempts to Spurs' 6. And I think that was at 3-1.

Oh I saw every bit of it, but I had to use unconventional methods. I just enjoyed it so much I could watch it again.

Viduka as well, the grin on the face as he walked off and applauded the fans, you can sense the feel-good factor is back.

You could tell Carroll was loving it after he did his Shearer act in the corner.

Oh I saw every bit of it, but I had to use unconventional methods. I just enjoyed it so much I could watch it again.

Touché. :laugh: