Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Tis to me, highlights the importace of having a consistently good DM. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Butt it the most influencial player in our squad and when he plays well we do as well.

Thoght we were excellent. Our forwards all proving that they have it in them!

Guest Shibby

Can you imagine Sam going and trying to beat Spurs by scoring four on their turf?

mackems.gif

No. That is why he had to go and that is why I like Keegan. Let them score as many as they want as long as we score more! That's what I like! :D

Seriously though. Really impressed with Barton, Butt and Geremi. Never seen them play so well ever! They totally controlled the midfield. Awesome stuff!

Cant wait for the clear out in the summer. Only King, Woodgate, Hutton, Keane and Berbatov (if he decides to stay that is) are 100% safe.

Still, you lot played superb and deserved that 100% (i honestly knew you would win by a margin after the first half). Cantt  beleive i took time out of my dissertation to watch us get bum raped.

Fair play. :thup:

Only Kevin Keegan could take the 4-3-3 formation, that lost at Derby, lost at Wigan..... and transform it into something that could go and snatch 4 goals at Spurs.

Oh yes. What a day.

Don't forget this was away from home.

Against a team who deserved to beat Chelsea not too long ago.

Against a better side player for player.

With no-one brought in during the Spring.

With the same team more or less that looked relegation-doomed, losing 6-0 against the likes of Man Utd.

That was flat and useless against the likes of Stoke.

Guest Shibby

i cant believe how good we were, not just attack, but defensivley aswell

I disagree. There is still a lot of work left to do defendsively. The goal we let in was horrible defending. We gave the Spurs player too much time on the ball and we were clearly ball watching. He had all the time in the world to plan his cross and they scored.

A better team like Man Ure would have built on that and could have possibly won the game.

Fabulous performance by the Keegan boys...Keep the spirit high and just consolidate this season and hopefully next season we will be going higher...

Guest zeta87

No way in the world this is gonna end goal-less.  ???

You sure knew what you were saying. =)

GREAT MATCH!!

i cant believe how good we were, not just attack, but defensivley aswell

I disagree. There is still a lot of work left to do defendsively. The goal we let in was horrible defending. We gave the Spurs player too much time on the ball and we were clearly ball watching. He had all the time in the world to plan his cross and they scored.

A better team like Man Ure would have built on that and could have possibly won the game.

I think it just makes a huge difference playing a settled back 4 and not changing every couple of games, plus giving Enrique a run of games.

Guest smarty2006

OMG  its 0900am here in California and I am going to be sooooooooooooo drunk by Lunch, FUckin Beautiful.....