Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

I've not celebrated a goal like I did the 4th since I don't know when, maybe not since Bellamy's late winner in Holland. Such a good feeling right now, and so pleased for Oba. I had lost my passion for the game with Allardyce in charge, I was even feeling guilty getting my two young girls into it, today is the first time they have seen what football can do to me. Only one man could have brought about such a change in a football club. God bless King Kev!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

It's hard to say don't get carried away, but we can't afford to. I mean, we're obviously safe now, and we probably were before todays game in fact, but we can't follow this result up with a loss against Reading next week.

now how can the london hacks spin this ?

Spurs nothing to play for, easing off etc.

And just as I post that, they say it on the radio. Wankers.

Here's the BBC version:

1622: GOAL Tottenham 1-3 Newcastle

Joy unconfined for the Geordie masses as Michael Owen sidefoots home after Viduka dummies Martin's cross from the right. Mid-table obscurity beckons for Keegan.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

It's hard to say don't get carried away, but we can't afford to. I mean, we're obviously safe now, and we probably were before todays game in fact, but we can't follow this result up with a loss against Reading next week.

Is that you Kylie?

BBC giving us loads of credit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7309369.stm

Unsurprisingly the game was open from the start, but when the first chance came, on only five minutes, it was not to one of the plethora of forwards on show, but to midfielder Beye.

Erm...

Spurs were now in the ascendancy, with Robbie Keane, Dimitar Berbatov and Bent causing Newcastle plenty of problems.

Eh? No they weren't.

It took midfielder Butt to drag his side back into the match, when he swung his boot optimistically at the ball and his shot surprised everyone by finding the bottom left corner of the goal.

Oh, it wasn't a precise finish then? Dragged us into the match? Fuck off.

On the balance of play, Newcastle would have been very happy to have gone into half-time on level terms.

No idea what to say to this. It's simply a lie.

Then on 52 minutes, Newcastle stunned their hosts when they took the lead through a Geremi free-kick that left keeper Paul Robinson rooted to the spot.

Stunned? Not really, we battered them second half.

Guest smarty2006

I've not celebrated a goal like I did the 4th since I don't know when, maybe not since Bellamy's late winner in Holland. Such a good feeling right now, and so pleased for Oba. I had lost my passion for the game with Allardyce in charge, I was even feeling guilty getting my two young girls into it, today is the first time they have seen what football can do to me. Only one man could have brought about such a change in a football club. God bless King Kev!

I feel ya there brother

Wow... fucking wow!!

Even at 1-0 down, I wasn't gutted, Spurs are a good team and we hadn't played bad, felt that we were definitely in it.

At 1-1, I would've taken that and have been very very happy.

2-1, extatic, though still nervous, ours to lose at that point.

3-1 and I felt a bit more comfortable, but knowing it was against Spurs who have made some great comebacks this season, still nervous.

4-1 and I don't know what to say, brilliant, just brilliant.

Best I've seen us play for a few years, away against an in-form Tottenham. So fucking happy!!