Full backs next season

TRon

Was listening to talksport in the car before the game today, and one of the pundits talking about us was saying he liked the look of the two full backs, Enrique and Beye, and how they would only be stronger next season. After the last few games, I hope we aren't looking anywhere else tbh. Fair play to Fat Sam, he was a low level manager with limited vision but he signed a couple of good un's there I reckon.

Guest Toepoke

Pity we didn't get Hutton though.

However Beye has done very well coming in from a foreign league and Enrique has come on well from a very shaky start.

Guest teabag

However Beye has done very well coming in from a foreign league and Enrique has come on well from a very shaky start.

id have beye over hutton

Guest nufc222

I think Beye has been excellent and although perhaps a sign of our poor season would probably go down as our player of the season. Shame he is at the wrong end of his career

As for enrique on the ball looks very composed but still makes a couple of mistakes every game however undoubtedly is improving with games.

Also at times has to be encouraged too much to come forward but I guess this will come with confidence.

I think they are uefa cup level fullbacks at that is the level we should be aiming at next season so they are one of the areas of the squad which are good enough.

all the back four should be kept at the club.

We have certain priorities, which are not the back four. Those priorities are the same as last summer, irrespective of the fact that Allardyce has signed 3 better defenders we haven't done any better in fact have been worryingly worse until last week.

Which proves the point that the wrong priorities were looked at last summer.

We are now going to stay up. If we want to get into the top 4 we have to start matching them in the transfer market again.

For talented forward players and not these journeymen johnny averages.

Guest teabag

We have certain priorities, which are not the back four. Those priorities are the same as last summer, irrespective of the fact that Allardyce has signed 3 better defenders we haven't done any better in fact have been worryingly worse until last week.

We are now going to stay up. If we want to get into the top 4 we have to start matching them in the transfer market again.

we still need atleast 1 good new centre back

agreed but i'd like to see a top quality centre half brought in to add to the centre halves we already have.

Guest Toepoke

?

Not today, earlier in the season thought he was poor.

id have beye over hutton

your mad

?

id have beye over hutton

your mad

His mad what?

Seems a lot of mentions of Beye needing to be replaced soon, i reckon he's got at least another couple of good seasons left in him.

Next season i'd like to see Beye and Enrique as our starting two, with another two brought in as back ups. Not really that keen on Bridge, sounds like a piss head and will be expecting to start every week.

?

id have beye over hutton

your mad

His mad what?

beat dave to it...he'll not be happy.

Guest teabag

beyes been really good for us this season. Hutton looks good but i wouldnt say hes done enough yet to say hes better than beye

the problem with Enrique and Beye is that they're both defensive full-backs. Enrique isn't the sort to get to the byline and prefers playing passes from deep, whereas Beye is a converted centre-half who, while he can motor upfield well, doesn't have a lot of quality in his final ball (see him hitting the crossbar today). It's ok having one full-back like this but with both of them naturally conservative it can limit your options going forward. I think Keegan prefers full-backs who can attack and will want at least one of them in his side to do this. Not really a priority at the minute but next summer with Beye getting on i think we'll replace him with and out and out attacking full-back like Eboue or Evra.

very impressed with both of them btw. Enrique has looked top notch and as i said earlier, his ability and especially his composure makes a mockery of allardyce's decision to go with N'Zogbia earlier in the campaign.

Guest teabag

the problem with Enrique and Beye is that they're both defensive full-backs. Enrique isn't the sort to get to the byline and prefers playing passes from deep, whereas Beye is a converted centre-half who, while he can motor upfield well, doesn't have a lot of quality in his final ball (see him hitting the crossbar today). It's ok having one full-back like this but with both of them naturally conservative it can limit your options going forward. I think Keegan prefers full-backs who can attack and will want at least one of them in his side to do this. Not really a priority at the minute but next summer with Beye getting on i think we'll replace him with and out and out attacking full-back like Eboue or Evra.

very impressed with both of them btw. Enrique has looked top notch and as i said earlier, his ability and especially his composure makes a mockery of allardyce's decision to go with N'Zogbia earlier in the campaign.

surely its more important to have a right winger that has quality in his final ball. which is one thing milner doesnt have

Guest teabag

Next season:

Rightbacks: 1) Beye 2) Brown

Leftbacks: 1) Brigde 2) Enrique

I would be more than happy with that!  :razz:

I wouldn't. Bridge is rubbish.

And Brown's even worse.

i wouldnt say bridge is rubbish but hes decent. and i certainly wouldnt say brown is rubbish but if we bought him it would be a big improvement in CB

They both look fine for next season. Enrique imo could become a very good player. There's a couple of things he needs to work on like his final ball but overall he looks very accomplished. It's also worth remembering that while it's all well and good having them hit the byline we only have 3 in midfield right now so it's not always a good idea.