Laurent Robert to Toronto FC

thewellander

Is Robert taking up a DP slot?

I think so.  Would make sense to me as he wouldn't have come for a regular players salary. 

Seems like he might not be.

Roberts base wage is 319,800 dollars (£160,795) and Carl Robinsons is 315,000 dollars (£158,000). They are the two top earners at Toronto FC. Compared to Beckhams 5,500,000 dollars base wage! Even with Juan Pablo Angel (1,500,000 dollars) and Claudio Reyna it isn't massive for the league.

I'm headed up there for their match against D.C. United on May 21.  I'm lucky I've got an inside connection, as I've heard they're sold out for the entire season.

Coming from where?  I'd not advise wearing an oppo kit, there's some right nutters there. 

I've got my TFC shirt ready to go.  And my trip is actually this Thursday for the match against NY.  Oh the anticipation!

I'm headed up there for their match against D.C. United on May 21.  I'm lucky I've got an inside connection, as I've heard they're sold out for the entire season.

Coming from where?  I'd not advise wearing an oppo kit, there's some right nutters there. 

I've got my TFC shirt ready to go.  And my trip is actually this Thursday for the match against NY.  Oh the anticipation!

If you wore an opposing kit, you might get the piss taking out of you a bit, but nothing seriously bad will come of it. They're into TFC, but they're good about it.

Mine arrived on Saturday...quality it is.

Guest spitfire87

To clear it up, Robert is not a DP

TFC still has their DP spot left and rumours continue to persist that they'll likely use it during the summer transfer window to acquire a striker from Europe

Was at the Toronto match - fantastic atmosphere.

Watched it on TV myself and have to agree.  TFC supporters are a credit to the league.  Hopefully Montreal can join them in MLS as they get at least 10k a match for their USL team.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Just been looking on Youtube and Toronto have some weird chants:

"This is our house!"

Erm, ok. :lol:

Just watched the highlights from the DC Toronto game (the MLS website is brilliant). Didn't really show the Robert red card incident though, only him walking off.

But how crap is Toronto's keeper, Sutton? I mean absolutely ridiculously bad.

Guest JamesD

Just watched the highlights from the DC Toronto game (the MLS website is brilliant). Didn't really show the Robert red card incident though, only him walking off.

But how crap is Toronto's keeper, Sutton? I mean absolutely ridiculously bad.

they used to have free streaming for all games, now its just highlights.

Guest Jawesome

Just been watching some of the MLS like, how shite is that Landon Donovan?  Fuck me he missed so many chances in that Toronto game.  Watched LA's last game when Beckham scored the 60 yarder and it was the same again.  Oh and Toronto's keeper......LOL.  I fucking swear I could play in that shit league.