Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I dont think sacking him will be beneficial to the club at all. Do we just write off a player still probably in the £4million- £6million bracket?

It wouldnt make much sense. If the club want to get rid, wait till he's out of jail and make him available for transfer next January.

I don't see what good sacking him is going to do us other than on moral grounds. You'd hope (!) that we've already put something in his contract so he's not getting paid while he's in chokey so at the end of the day, we'd be letting a £6m Premiership midfielder go and letting someone else have him for fuck all before the season even starts. Barton's not been great for us despite looking a decent player in the last few games but even so can we really afford to do that?

If we can flog him when he's out for close to what we paid, great. Otherwise we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. Worth remembering that in the last ten years we've had both a jailbird and someone with a conviction for affray play for us and they've both been pretty popular.

What Barton's done is disgraceful by the sounds of it, especially when he did it on bail in the knowledge that NUFC had put their trust in him, but the fact is that we've not got the squad or maybe the resources to write him off at the moment.

Guest mobiius

it would be a bit hypocritical to get rid of him because he has a conviction for violence when our newly director of footie is no stranger to assaulting fellow team mates and the like

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_talk/2267235.stm

he also was jailed for 3 months for assaulting a taxi driver in 95

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4156/is_20010826/ai_n13961739

admittedly he was later acquitted of the assault

i voted to stand by JB but having said that i think the kid is crying out for some sort of counseling, and if he is going to be kept,then i think he needs a strict regime in place.

Guest Guinness

I don't see what good sacking him is going to do us other than on moral grounds. You'd hope (!) that we've already put something in his contract so he's not getting paid while he's in chokey so at the end of the day, we'd be letting a £6m Premiership midfielder go and letting someone else have him for f*** all before the season even starts. Barton's not been great for us despite looking a decent player in the last few games but even so can we really afford to do that?

If we can flog him when he's out for close to what we paid, great. Otherwise we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. Worth remembering that in the last ten years we've had both a jailbird and someone with a conviction for affray play for us and they've both been pretty popular.

What Barton's done is disgraceful by the sounds of it, especially when he did it on bail in the knowledge that NUFC had put their trust in him, but the fact is that we've not got the squad or maybe the resources to write him off at the moment.

Agree with this, Barton is a twat and up until Keegan took over didn't look like he was much of a player either. However in the last couple of months of the season he started to show what he's capable of. I'm not a fan of having players like him on the team, but fact is with the squad as small as it is we can't really afford to sack him. Plus there's also the fact we'd be writing off £5.5m.

Guest neesy111

lock him up and throw away the key

he's lucky tht he got 6 months for tht, shud of got charged with GBH, which wud of got 3-4 years

tell me why has he been good enough?

he doesn't score goals, can't cross, hardly makes assists and makes milner look fast

Guest neesy111

I dont think sacking him will be beneficial to the club at all. Do we just write off a player still probably in the £4million- £6million bracket?

It wouldnt make much sense. If the club want to get rid, wait till he's out of jail and make him available for transfer next January.

we've done that plenty of times?

luque, viana, cort, marcelino

Guest neesy111

Why should it have been GBH?

he's tried to smash his lights out, i know of ppl who have given ppl hiding's like tht and got 2-3 years for that

Guest BooBoo

Why should it have been GBH?

Because he doesn't know what it means.

Exactly. For gbh the damage suffered to the injured party has to be, you know, grievous....

Guest f***thepress

I don't see what good sacking him is going to do us other than on moral grounds. You'd hope (!) that we've already put something in his contract so he's not getting paid while he's in chokey so at the end of the day, we'd be letting a £6m Premiership midfielder go and letting someone else have him for f*** all before the season even starts. Barton's not been great for us despite looking a decent player in the last few games but even so can we really afford to do that?

Common sense...

Whats the point of sacking him? Football has no morals & we'd lose a player. Another club would simply take him on.

If he gets found guilty on the Dabo case he could spend the next couple of years in nick.

Guest neesy111

i wonder how long he would of got, if he pleaded not guilty

Totally irrelevant.  He didn't.  Do your mates normallly lie when they get to court & get longer sentences?

that is relevant to the dabo case, where he has pleaded not guilty, why he has after seeing dabo's face

why defend him, he's a thug and shud be locked up