Joey Barton gets six months in jail - See page 4

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So can this ruling be taken into account for the ABH seeing as the initial ABH hearing was before any of this happened?

I don't think so, no. Innocent until proven guilty.

Should have clarified!

IF he is found guilty of twatting Dabo one, will his conviction for assault be taken into account in any sentance as the assault occurred after the inital ABH hearing?

Was expected tbh. You can't go round kicking the shit out of people and expect to get away without going down eventually.

Hope he comes out a different character.

I reckon he spends the rest of his life behind bars tbh.

Someone will mouth off to him when all the cons are out for a bit of exercise and Barton, the complete head-the-ball that he blatantly is, will go for him with a shank.

This process keeps repeating itself every month or two until any hope he has of getting out before he's 40 has evaporated. Realising that his football career is finito, he becomes heavily involved in the inside drug trafficking business, using his already accumulated fortune to bankroll a massive new empire.

Ultimately, he meets his grim demise aged 46, in a prison re-enactment of MacBeth, when a real knife somehow ends up amongst the props and Barton is felled in front of a cheering crowd of his fellow inmates.

I think the club should stick by him in all honesty. For not entirely philanthropic reason.

Only agree to some extent.

Another missed pre season though could mean he isn't anywhere near his best until March once again. Assuming we now have to sign someone to make up for this, we'd hope to sign better players, therefore legitimately cancelling Barton's contract to cut the wage bill on a player no-one will want and can't get into our team.

He has to be released, it does not bode well having a player like him on the books - despite his recent improvements in performance terms.  We have to make a stand and say this is not acceptable at all - its not.

Other players will potentially be put off having someone like this on the books given his history.

The media will also have a field day with this if we keep him and he commits further crimes down the line.

He has played his last game for the club IMO and rightly so.  Just hope the fat bastard who signed him gets some sort of financial penalty for signing the knob in the first place.

Bloody 'ell, wonder what will happen re: his contract, wages, being bummed

Should be torn up; He can't get paid when he's in jail if Monopoly has taught us anything; Dabo probably tried to bum him once and look what happened to him

If Monopoly has taught me anything it is that gigantic hats and irons dominate the London financial scene.

Another player we now need to sign cover for or replace

How much is Grant Mitchell charging nowadays?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/585000/images/_585151_grantmitchell150.jpg

I think the club should stick by him in all honesty. For not entirely philanthropic reasons.

I agree, not that he doesn't deserve the sentence of course. I'd like to think his recent counselling and what not, can change him for the better.      /blind optimist

Bloody 'ell, wonder what will happen re: his contract, wages, being bummed

Should be torn up; He can't get paid when he's in jail if Monopoly has taught us anything; Dabo probably tried to bum him once and look what happened to him

If Monopoly has taught me anything it is that gigantic hats and irons dominate the London financial scene.

And that Old Kent Road is a total shithole.

So can this ruling be taken into account for the ABH seeing as the initial ABH hearing was before any of this happened?

No, it can't even be considered when he's being sentenced.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

What has he done to convince 97 people he's any good? He's fucking terrible.

Guest GAMMELL

An absolute knacker of the highest order, no one to blame but himself. Bringing the good name of NUFC through the mud the c*nt. Sack the b@stard ASAP!!!  :angry:

Another player we now need to sign cover for or replace

I don't see why, he'll be out before the season kicks off if he stays out of trouble.

We're talking about a guy who couldn't buy a burger without being a dick. Put him in a confined area with a load of other criminals and I imagine his sentenced will get even longer

Guest exilim

Fucking genius that guy. Give me half of his salary and i will train 10times harder than he does.