Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

How s*** is Adebayor's first touch btw? I thought he had improved it but at least for tonight, it was f****** dogshit.

That sitter he missed was ridiculous, easiest chance for either team over the two legs.

Indeed. I thought Arsenal had blown it then until Theo's magical run. I hate to say Arsenal deserved to win it because generally, you deserve what you get in football, but I'll say that Liverpool certainly did not deserve to win 4-2.

Guest Nufc4Life

I reckon it's Chelsea's semi this year round.

The first leg being at Anfield is a huge advantage for Chelsea IMO.

Last 2 Semi's has had the first leg at Stamford Bridge.

Walcott's goal was class. He's a very good player. Liverpool were superior tonight though. Torres showed again how class he is, the midfield completely destroyed Arsenal in the second half. Benitez got the game spot on imo.

So why did they have to win by a flukey pen?

Nothing less than they deserved.

Liverpool were strong minded enough to take a hammer blow like the goal and kick straight off and blast down the other end to win the penalty. You cant take that kind of positivity away from Liverpool as most other teams would have allowed their heads to drop for a minute or so.

Where good fortune comes into it is how a player like Toure, who had been pretty solid all game, gets skinned and commits a stupid challenge in the box. In most other cases, against most other teams, Toure wins the ball and clears the danger.

Bitter? Of course.

Walcott's goal was class. He's a very good player. Liverpool were superior tonight though. Torres showed again how class he is, the midfield completely destroyed Arsenal in the second half. Benitez got the game spot on imo.

Liverpool were strong minded enough to take a hammer blow like the goal and kick straight off and blast down the other end to win the penalty. You cant take that kind of positivity away from Liverpool as most other teams would have allowed their heads to drop for a minute or so.

Where good fortune comes into it is how a player like Toure, who had been pretty solid all game, gets skinned and commits a stupid challenge in the box. In most other cases, against most other teams, Toure wins the ball and clears the danger.

Bitter? Of course.

In most cases the referee wouldn't have awarded a non-existent penalty to one of the two scummiest teams on Earth. Yes I'm bitter as well. Very bitter.

Guest JamesD

Bitter? Of course.

In most cases the referee wouldn't have awarded a non-existent penalty to one of the two scummiest teams on Earth. Yes I'm bitter as well. Very bitter.

Are you kidding? I'm a huge fan of Toure, but he got his legs caught up with Babel's and it was Penalty for sure.

Guest LucaAltieri

Mr. Capello...

Lui è pronto. 

:thup:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/arash_markazi/08/21/on.scene/p1_walcott.jpg

He was class again tonight. Ran with the ball 80 yards, beating half of the Liverpool team in the process, then still had the end product to pick out the pass for a goal that on any other day would see his team through to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

The future of the England national side, tbh.

What a run by Walcott. What a motherfucking run. Holy shit. I fucking can't get over it. Fuck.

Liverpool can fuck off. Never a fucking penalty. Fuck.

You must be kidding, it was a clear penalty.

Guest Bendo

Just an innocent query; why do you guys hate Liverpool so much? Just wondering.

ANSWER

How long do you think it takes to deck out a bus like that?

Did you see the ITV crew trying to hype up the liverpool chelsea SF at the end of the match? :lol: "facinating" was one of the words used to describe it. Fook off.:lol:

Got me right down. One of the many reasons I wanted Arsenal to win.

Did you see the ITV crew trying to hype up the liverpool chelsea SF at the end of the match? :lol: "facinating" was one of the words used to describe it. Fook off.:lol:

why the liverpool v chelsea games of the last couple of seasons have been some of the best matches ive seen. quite lookig forward to them

It's going to be a true bore fest!

Might not even watch it, i want Chelski to go through though.

I didn't think it was a penalty tbh.

Babel gets fouled outside the box by the other Arsenal defender, not sure who it was. But Toure doesn't do much to him at all, he just manages to delay his fall until he's in the box.

It's amazing to watch really, how one team can be so consistently lucky at the right time. Got played off the park for 30 minutes, Arsenal's 2nd looked only a matter of time. Then they get a corner and !Wham!, a goal exactly when they needed.

Benitez has some sort of deal in place with someone, I'm sure of it. He got the tactics completely wrong in the first place and then a goal from nowhere followed by an injury to one of Arsenal's most important players on the night to swing the game in his favour when his setup had failed hopelessly from the get-go.

Guest iliketoonarmy

No way it is a penalty.

Same old Liverpool and Manure, they just can't win game without help from refree.

Fuck off Liverpool, you lucky cunts. And fuck off Fröjdfeldt, you pathetic excuse of a referee. He couldn't even handle the pressure in the Swedish league, in front of some 12000 supporters, what the fuck is he doing refereeing a Champions League quarter final? Cunt.

Guest maddog2

The penalty was an extremely generous one... I support neither team but it's really frustating to see a negative team go through once again. Even when they were down 1-0, they were hardly pushing their men forward, more scared of Arsenal scoring the second goal which meant they would have to score three goals. They really must have a deal with some upper power in the CL - I mean come on - two farcial red cards in the last 16 tie meant they were pretty much even a walkthrough, and now this extremely generous penatly. And not to mention all the other shit - Hyypia scored a goal for fricks sake.

And now I have to put up with the most boring football match ever, Liverpool v. Chelski. And without Moaninho's fireworks, which made the previous games at least palatable.

I'm expecting the usual 0-0 and 1-0. Although I wouldn't be suprisied if the tie hit a new low and finished 0-0 over both legs for the first time ever in the CL.

Let's hope Barcalona win. Failing that at least Manyoo or Roma. It would be an personal insult if Liverscum or Chelscum pick up the title

Guest maddog2

And next time someone tells me "Benny Benitez got his tactics spot-on" I'm going to scream. What kind of a fucking genius do you need to be to put nine men behind the ball when you're in a winning position?

And next time someone tells me "Benny Benitez got his tactics spot-on" I'm going to scream. What kind of a fucking genius do you need to be to put nine men behind the ball when you're in a winning position?

The same kind of genius that sticks his best player on the left and nullifies his game completely in spite of the fact you're getting bummed in the midfield.

The penalty was fair enough I thought. A lot of these quick shoves and tugs at the back are going on, not to bring a player down necessarily but to slow them down. Kuyt got away with it in the first leg, Toure didn't, and that's the only difference.