Champions League QF (second legs)

SUPERTOON

Alot of you dont know what it is like when all your mates are glory hunting manure fans. If they win this it WILL be a nightmare. Id get shit like:

"You will never see Newcastle do this"

"We win the CL and your lot just about survived in the Prem"

Cunts, only 2 of them have been to OT, 1 once and the other twice.

[/rant]

Alot of you dont know what it is like when all your mates are glory hunting manure fans. If they win this it WILL be a nightmare. Id get shit like:

[/rant]

Most of my mates are Man United fans. (My girlfriend and her family are all Liverpool fans, which is worse).

[/rant]

Most of my mates are Man United fans. (My girlfriend and her family are all Liverpool fans, which is worse).

I went with a lass before who and her family supported Liverpool, hated listening to her bang on about how great Liverpool were, we didnt last long. Infact, about 2 weeks after we finished i went to SJP to see us beat Liverpool 2-1 :D

I used to like Barcelona, then Luis Enrique stopped playing and after that it wasnt fun anymore.

Luis Enrique is my alltime idol, what a player he was, massive.

Quite under-rated, I always thought.

I used to like Barcelona, then Luis Enrique stopped playing and after that it wasnt fun anymore.

Loved him at Real, hated him at Barca.

Opposite for me like.

Maybe probably because I've always loved Barca and hated Real though. :D

Opposite for me like.

Maybe probably because I've always loved Barca and hated Real though. :D

Guess what, opposite way round for me :)

The last couple of times I've seen Scholes, he's not looked quite the player of old. I wonder if this is his last season, as a first team regular at least.

It'd be great if he bowed out with a Champions League win. Fantastic career.

Guest marsai

I dislike Liverpool, HATE their fans.

I dont care about ManU, dislike their fans.

I really cant say i hate ManU that much, not as much as i hate Poo fans.

I raise that hate and throw in another against the whole english football.

I hate your pools, manc's, tottenhams, pompey's and what not.

I like Newcastle for some odd reason and i sometimes like seeing Arsenal passing the ball around, but that's only sometimes.

That's about it.

Guest marsai

Thank f*** these c***s wont beat Barca

no way. barca is in terrible form, man u is likely to crush them sadly. tevez isn't even playing today, and they are on the road in rome. The CL is clearly Man u's to lose this year.

Barca's been in bad shape for 2,3 years now, though i seriously doubt anyone on this part of the galaxy is a favorite against them over 2 ties.

Anyway I think Liverpool has a better chance of reaching the final than Man utd, simply due to their "we'll somehow bore you to death but still score doing it" approach to knockout football.

God i hate english football...

Didn't Gullit nearly sign Luis Enrique when he was manager, along with Rui Costa?

Anyway, good to see Ronaldo not perform in the big games yet again eh. ;)

We were linked with Luis Enrique, Rui Costa, Dan Petrescu and Tore Andre Flo, all in the same week :D

Didn't Gullit nearly sign Luis Enrique when he was manager, along with Rui Costa?

Anyway, good to see Ronaldo not perform in the big games yet again eh. ;)

We were linked with Luis Enrique, Rui Costa, Dan Petrescu and Tore Andre Flo, all in the same week :D

And Taribo West was pretty close to joining around that time as well. :lol:

no way. barca is in terrible form, man u is likely to crush them sadly. tevez isn't even playing today, and they are on the road in rome. The CL is clearly Man u's to lose this year.

Barca's been in bad shape for 2,3 years now

That would be the same 2, 3 years now where they have won 2 league titles and the Champions League.

I see where you're coming from..

Guest marsai

That would be the same 2, 3 years now where they have won 2 league titles and the Champions League.

Yep, those same 2,3 years. Personally, the best season they had was when they lost to Chelsea over the 2 ties 3 years ago. Such amount of flair and free flowing football i've yet to witness from them or any other team as well. They were still winning yes, but that's only cause there's so much talent in there that it was practically impossible NOT TO WIN something. Though Rijkaard's doing a good job this season. They're now a shadow of the team they were 2,3 years ago. Look at Ronnie, nice reflection of what Barca is these days. Barca during that peak year or two was a sheer joy to watch.

Guest marsai

Even when they won the Champions League i thought they didn't push the gas pedal all the way, not nearly all the way.

Then Ten Cate left for Ajax and Rijkaard i thought never really recovered after that.

It was as if with the adaption to a more productive, more efficient, score oriented play, they've lost that spark, that killer simplicity with which they opened up the opposition. Their play style still involves a lot of possession though, but it's not as attractive or efficient (ironically) as it was a few years ago.

Even when they won the Champions League i thought they didn't push the gas pedal all the way, not nearly all the way.

Then Ten Cate left for Ajax and Rijkaard i thought never really recovered after that.

It was as if with the adaption to a more productive, more efficient, score oriented play, they've lost that spark, that killer simplicity with which they opened up the opposition. Their play style still involves a lot of possession though, but it's not as attractive or efficient (ironically) as it was a few years ago.

A big hello to Garth Crooks

Guest marsai

A big hello to Garth Crooks

I've no idea who that is but i'll feed the pessimist by taking it as a bad thing :undecided:

The last couple of times I've seen Scholes, he's not looked quite the player of old. I wonder if this is his last season, as a first team regular at least.

Funny, was thinking exactly the same thing today. Wouldn't be surprised if it went either way: he gets a good pre-season under his belt and plays superbly next season or he rarely starts a game next season. Just doesn't seem to have the touch or awareness of old.

Funny, was thinking exactly the same thing today. Wouldn't be surprised if it went either way: he gets a good pre-season under his belt and plays superbly next season or he rarely starts a game next season. Just doesn't seem to have the touch or awareness of old.

He's reminded me a bit of Barton (before he got super-great in the last couple of games of course :smug:) in that he shows glimpses of absolute class, but that he's also been making too many mistakes. In both cases it looks as they are trying a bit too hard, when they perhaps should've gone for the easy option.

He's a player that I've always liked, and I hope he gets to win the CL this season, both him and Man U deserves it, no matter how much it hurts to say it.