The NUFC section "own up" thread...........

madras

Not NUFC related -

I bought a Real Madrid shirt with 'Zidane 21' on the back the day he signed for Real Madrid.  I watched the news the next morning only to see a clip of him holding up a shirt with '5' on it with a big cheezer on his face!

Also, I sat in a pub and told my mates that I didn't rate Paul Scholes just before he scored three (or four?) in the first half for England against Poland a few years ago!

Guest Stephen927

Not NUFC related -

I bought a Real Madrid shirt with 'Zidane 21' on the back the day he signed for Real Madrid.  I watched the news the next morning only to see a clip of him holding up a shirt with '5' on it with a big cheezer on his face!

Ouch  :lol:

I was going to get the (then) new away shirt with Kluivert 11 on the back. I opted for my second name with the number 15 (at the time this number was vacant, and it was my age, how convenient). Then Amady Faye was signed and given the number 15 shirt  :angry:

Not NUFC related -

Ouch  :lol:

I was going to get the (then) new away shirt with Kluivert 11 on the back. I opted for my second name with the number 15 (at the time this number was vacant, and it was my age, how convenient). Then Amady Faye was signed and given the number 15 shirt  :angry:

I was 15 when I played if it makes it any better ;)

I predicted us to get beat by spurs

I voted we would get relegated a few matches ago

I called Keegan a c*** in the first half at brum

I said Michael Owen was a w****** earlier in the season

you should hang your f****** head in shame

anyway, it looks like i was wrong about Damien Duff

I predicted us to get beat by spurs

I voted we would get relegated a few matches ago

I called Keegan a c*** in the first half at brum

I said Michael Owen was a w****** earlier in the season

you should hang your f****** head in shame

anyway, it looks like i was wrong about Damien Duff

To be fair to the lad I think a lot on this forum could admit the same.

I said that I'd rather have Laurent Robert than Ryan Giggs.

Ouch!

We have a winner.

I did say it, but I can't remember if I was being serious at the time. I believe it was in reply to a Man Utd fan.

Guest alijmitchell

Guilty of wanting rid of Bellamy.

Guilty of avoiding the Brum game on TV this season because I was too scared.

Guilty of texting my Dad at half time saying i'd lost faith in football.

All shite, all emotional outbursts, and all completely wrong.

This is a little bit different, but i remember at about 9pm on August 31st LAST season (Roeder), burying my head in the sand. Chucked Football Manager on, hoping for the best, turned it off at 12:10 to see what had happened and saw we'd signed Sibierski. :lol:

I thought Sibierski would only start a couple of games and would be one of the worst signings in our history. Far from it.

Aye that's a fair point tbh. Still, bringing in him and Rossi that August was a pretty shite state of affairs.

I thought Sibierski would only start a couple of games and would be one of the worst signings in our history. Far from it.

Aye that's a fair point tbh. Still, bringing in him and Rossi that August was a pretty shite state of affairs.

Absolutely, but fair play to Sibierski for proving many of us wrong. I'm sure he came in knowing how we viewed his transfer and he just gone with his game and did a good job of it, without saying a word against us.

At the start of the season I was telling everyone I knew that Beye would prove himself to be one of the best right-backs in the league.

Sure, he's done well, but not as well as I suggested. He was much better at Marseille, and hopefully will be next season.

At the start of the season I was telling everyone I knew that Beye would prove himself to be one of the best right-backs in the league.

Sure, he's done well, but not as well as I suggested. He was much better at Marseille, and hopefully will be next season.

Thats the best you can do?

Clutching at straws or what :lol:

I never wanted Keegan, a certain part of me see his return as a horrible money-spinning scheme. Give me some examples of Allardyce's poor tactics and formations.

I never wanted Keegan, a certain part of me see his return as a horrible money-spinning scheme. Give me some examples of Allardyce's poor tactics and formations.

:laugh:

Guest 22bnw

I said that the injury problems were over now...unfortunately the next week Allardyce was sacked and then all of his fitness/ conditioning staff followed him out the door. We might play better attacking football now but the injuries will slowly creep back up again, believe me.

Guest 22bnw

The fact that Antoine Sibierski became a key player that season shows what a shocking state of affairs it was...he played the best football that he has done for a long time with us, but he was nothing compared to the calibre of player we should have tried to bring in

Everyone can see he was making mistakes week in week out, but if you weren't such a pretentious little man, you would have read the question I asked.

I was interested in seeing what people thought he did wrong.

We had some bad results under Big Sam but at least he knew what he was doing, formations and tactics were logical , he brought some decent players in. Keegan brought no-one in and we need players everywhere with the exception of in goal and left midfield. I can only see us going down now and maybe even finish as low as 15th.

I didn't buy into the ridiculous fan fair that was the return of Keegan, i'll be honest, I was not excited I only saw it as a turn for the worse. He doesn't know what he's doing, he's been out of football for too long. The players don't look as strong or as motivated as they were under Allardyce, think of the performances against the likes of  Bolton, West Ham, Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal, there's 13 points there. They are teams we need to beat or at least draw against to get into European positions.

This is not going to happen under Keegan.

:whistle: