Today's Other Games

Taylor Swift

Christ, the quality of teams in the latter stages of this competition, in the years we've not been in it, really is sickening. :(  There was Boro's run the season before last, and Sevilla were about the only team left in it then. This season it's a pretty poor semi-final line-up aswell.

Just what I've been thinking.

When you consider we've been knocked out by Marseille, having beaten PSV and Mallorca (and Basel, a team Boro squeezed past in their quarters)...

Knocked out by Sporting Lisbon, having hammered Olimpiakos, with Alkmaar to come after if we'd won through...

Knocked out by Alkmaar (aye we were shite i know), who were the highest scoring club in Europe at the time; having had fucking the likes of Fenerbahce and Palermo in the group stages. With summat daft like Werder Bremen and Sevilla to come if we'd won thorugh...

Frustrating when you look at this year/Boro's year. I'd really love us to have another crack at this one like. Aside from the Carling Cup, it's the only competition we've got any chance of success in.

Christ, the quality of teams in the latter stages of this competition, in the years we've not been in it, really is sickening. :(  There was Boro's run the season before last, and Sevilla were about the only team left in it then. This season it's a pretty poor semi-final line-up aswell.

Looking forward to getting back into the Waffa, i have to say. At the right time, though.

Would be nice to see Rangers go all the way.

I'm sick at the semi-final line up as well.

We absolutely murdered Fiorentina in the 2nd leg only to go out on pens. Zenit we have already beat this season in the group stage and Rangers... well, Rangers are w***. We'd have beaten them no danger.

There's only Bayern I wouldn't fancy playing but we wouldn't have met them until the final anyway.

:(

Watched one of your away games & you were dreadful though.  Forget which one, but i have a feeling you still ended up winning it!

Don't know, could have been Brann or Nurnberg. Think we won every single game bar Fiorentina away iirc.

I really, really hate the away-goal rule, and the fact that it's enforced on Extra Time is sickening IMO. Not that I had anything against Bayern going through, I quite like them as a team, got many interesting players, but it's fucking harsh on Getafe.

To be honest, as much as I hate pens in games involving us, I fucking love watching shoot outs between other teams. It was magic when Spurs and Everton were involved in shoot outs at the same time and we were flicking between the channels trying to see every effort. Especially magic when JJ missed.

Oh man Luca Toni you crazy motherfucker. I feel bad for the keeper, the second goal was especially costly because it came out of nowhere and gave Bayern a massive lift with something like 4 minutes remaining. Getafe were actually pretty awesome last night, played 'carpet' football, movement was quite superb all round and most of their players were excellent on the ball. Looked like a really capable team.