Beye today...

Willow

Been doing a lot of press lately, seems to be the voice of the Toon, captain in the making ?

Personally, I think if we keep Owen he should remain club captain.

However, Beye should be vice-captain, and if Owen is injured or not at the club, Beye should be given the armband.  :thup:

Saw an article today about there being a lack of quality right backs these days, a few good players got mentions (Corluka, Hutton, Chimbonda) but was no shock to see Beye didn't get a single mention.

Good. Keep him here.

The football lads down at uni have started to notice him, without any prompting from me, and a few of the coaches and whatnot have mentioned him as well as being amongst the best right-backs in the league when there's been discussions of that nature.

I'd be glad if he keeps under the radar though, as I hope he can maintain his level of performance and hopefully see out his career here. He looks a fit bloke and he seems fairly resilient as well, even though he's 30 he may still have a good few years left in him.

I think we're safe with Beye tbh.

He quite clearly loves it here; loves playing under Keegan, loves the supporters, desperately wants to do well for us. He's one of those fortunate players too who, although he knows he's good, he keeps his head down and keeps going. Rather than knows he's good, and then takes the piss (a la Zoggy).

So there's that, and if a team comes in for him, we'll ask for an inflated price - which someone won't bother with (given his age), and he'll still be happy.

Second season syndrome in the making btw. :razz:

I was thinking today, Senegal must have some bloody talent at RB for Beye to only have 19 caps.

Ferdinand Coly.. their captain for wc2006 i think

Also, Omar Daf a left back had played in Beye's position for Senegal on a few occasions. I have read an article in France about Beye, this was around 5 years ago when apparently Beye (not said in the press by himself) found race to be an issue concerning his place in the team.

Guest Knightrider

I don't think we've had such a classy right-back as Beye, not since I've been following anyway. He's just solid in every way and very trustworthy. He inspires confidence. Some of his tackles today and his runs were brilliant. He's a top player and considering how much he cost, a bargain to boot.

I don't think we've had such a classy right-back as Beye, not since I've been following anyway. He's just solid in every way and very trustworthy. He inspires confidence. Some of his tackles today and his runs were brilliant. He's a top player and considering how much he cost, a bargain to boot.

His tackling today was class, one second he looked like he'd get nowhere near the ball then next thing it was heading away from danger and into touch.

Guest Knightrider

His tackling today was class, one second he looked like he'd get nowhere near the ball then next thing it was heading away from danger and into touch.

Aye, seemed to have telescopic legs. Just when you thought a mackem player was away, he was on the ground and the ball in touch or back to one of wors, with Beye standing there imperious like the tower of strength he is. Marvelous. A kingpin of our team.

Aye, seemed to have telescopic legs. Just when you thought a mackem player was away, he was on the ground and the ball in touch or back to one of wors, with Beye standing there imperious like the tower of strength he is. Marvelous. A kingpin of our team.

Going forward he was like that as well. Thought on several occasions he wasn't going to get past his man then all of a sudden he pulled out a couple of yards from his back pocket and he was away.

Special player for many many reasons.

He's very quickly becoming a Solano esq foreigner, who we all love. An adopted geordie, in the making, for sure.

We should have known he would be like this when someone asked;

"How do you prenouce your surname?"

Beye: "It's Beye, as in whitley bay"

Not just an outstanding player, but one who gives his all and genuinely cares about the club. Loved him and Taylor interacting with the crowd at the end. Fantastic.

Aye shirts went  in again :D

He's very quickly becoming a Solano esq foreigner, who we all love. An adopted geordie, in the making, for sure.

That's class. :lol: When did he say that?

Guest BooBoo

Brought a lump to my throat when he came to twirl his shirt and gee the crowd at the end. The man has balls the sze of grapefruits.

That's class. :lol: When did he say that?

When he first arrived.

I was preaching about Beye yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago. :smug:

shame he's coming towards the end of his career. I thought he was even better few years ago, tbh. :undecided:

When he marked Big Al out of the game in both legs and nullified each and every attack we took to Marseille. Drogba got all the plaudits for that game, even though there was only one MOTM for me then.